• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Shiver :: Final Release

I wouldn't mind making a seperate .u that extends your files but the only problem is that if you update your .u, you will change the name which will break my released version. If there is a way of making the "class extend classvar" is possible with being able to config the classvar, then i'd gladly do it that way.
Tedious, but just update your version? Your active enough on here to pick up any changes to the original within a day so it shouldn't cause huge issues. Of course this adds to the missmatch error chance/confusion as more versions begin to float around.

Upvote 0
I think since the workshop is available, no need to add version number to the package name anymore. Subscribed clients will get the update automatically, server admins are usually checking for updates, so version mismatch issue isn't actual anymore.

Anyway, I don't think WPC will release any new versions of existing specimens anymore.

Upvote 0
assumption.jpg

I updated the shiver 4 times, and each time a said to benjamin : "this is it right?...last update?"

ps : the shiver isnt actually WPC material. Benjamin was never really part of the WPC, he just liked making mods with us. (and we still do...just because I quit making new ones, doesnt mean Braindead and Whisky(Gartley) has stopped too.)

Benjamin will probably never stop updating this package hehe.

And also : something is coming for the Brute...

Upvote 0
I think since the workshop is available, no need to add version number to the package name anymore. Subscribed clients will get the update automatically, server admins are usually checking for updates, so version mismatch issue isn't actual anymore.

Anyway, I don't think WPC will release any new versions of existing specimens anymore.
Not always new version is better version.

Upvote 0
Tedious, but just update your version? Your active enough on here to pick up any changes to the original within a day so it shouldn't cause huge issues. Of course this adds to the missmatch error chance/confusion as more versions begin to float around.
Checking a forums is not the same as looking through code, uploading, testing etc etc. I don't want to keep updating my version as once something is made, do you really want to keep making a new package just to keep it working? This is the same situation with Hemi and the RPG mod. I may be able to find out when the update comes out but I do not want to keep watching over basically. I have been working a lot so I haven't been able to sort out any of my projects at all. My AS50 is still in the same state from 4 weeks ago and to me that is bad for something that was coming really nicely.

This will cause version mismatchs between clients vs servers. I do not like this no matter what.

Upvote 0
No offence to anyone but leave this to me, Hemi and Benjiman? We are the only ones that should be involved and it was my query which they answered. We'll go from there and maybe I can get it working in the way they want it but please, don't argue when it's nothing to do with you personally.

While the package name changes, the class name never does. It should be sufficient to simply make a CheckReplacement mutator.

Any chance you could show me an example of how you check the class name and work from there?

Upvote 0
MutAddShivers.u updated in the workshop.

They spawn with crawlers now, so no more stalker requirement mess-up.

Both Brute and Shiver are now updated and working and will be opted for whitelisting once the next update comes along. :)
Both? Well Whisky is already working on FemPound, having 3 new specimens submited for next whitelisting seems a bit much. It would be better to have 1 new specimen in atlease each update :/ But thats just me, makes the waiting for a new update all the better...unless TWI changes a code again :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well I was actually thinking of getting them all whitelisted.

• The Zeds

And maybe The Butcher(dual chainsaws/Jason Mask), FleshPummel(FP stripped down from gadgets) and Dark Brute(old skin texture of the Brute)... Seeing they are just slightly harder versions of the Scrake, FleshPound and Brute...makes them less of a priority.

Get it over with and all.
I dont mind if you want to WL all of them, its just like 1(3?) at a time :p

So is the Butcher a 3rd version of The Maul? Since you already made the Nazi version of him.

Upvote 0
Sorry for bumping an old thread but, has this mutator been whitelisted yet?
I can't seem to find a list of all the up-to-date whitelisted mutators

Why are you assuming it will be Whitelisted? It was submitted 2 years ago and was rejected.
There are literally several places that have a up to date list. One of them is in my signature.
There is no whitelist, every mod is greylisted thanks to workshop.
What are talking about? Of course there is WL for mutators.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Was it ever submitted? I can't remember... hehe :)

Yes it was, when black listed mutators was still a thing :p

Wait, so I looked at your archive thread of WL stuff and I saw faked players, does it still work with whitelist?
Nope, greylisted.
Again, what are you talking about, it is WL lol.
I just ran it with several other muts & Clientside mods.
2tvgqtekuhrjbnszg.jpg

Code:
Log: STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/VoicePack_MaleThree.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/VoicePack_Zoey.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/KF_PyroVoice.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/VoicePack_RS_USMC.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/IJC_Project_Santa.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/AlarmTrader.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/KiraRespawn.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/MutMacPistolKF.u

Edit: i noticed that one file passed the security check (Doesnt appear on top). The file is used for a custom particle effect. I guess those dont get checked but species classes do. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0