• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Test out the MG-42 and New Tanks in the Rising Storm Beta

My opinion, the video also shows, how unhandy the MG42 is. In game, your character moves with it like with the shorter MP40...

You must be right. The video squid definately is experianced and has obviously had the normal military training to properly operate the MG42. You can tell that by the way he handles the feed belt like a pro, and in a single smooth movement crooks the butt stock and snaps the charging handle.

There will not be in tank animations. This is a new system put in place to make tank creation easier.

Pity about the in-tank animations, yet somehow I read that as more tanks are coming :)

Upvote 0
This might be a little crazy of me, but would it be possible to speed up the animations for switching seats then? Especially in the T-70 where there are only 2 spots to go between? I feel like you would move a bit faster if the situation called for it, especially if you're the only one left in your tank and your life depends on speed. Maybe 3-4 seconds?

Upvote 0
Will the Panzer III have tungsten ammunition? I think I recall RO1 having it, and it would be great to have some seriously damaging rounds, considering how squared and little the armor is (unless you angle).

I think it was called APCR, or armor piercing composite rigid. Can someone check it those were around Stalingrad?

Upvote 0
I think they did. The PZB is so much more like the PTRS now. Although we don't have definitive stats to prove if its exactly the same. :p

doubt it. If they were REALLY their real life counterparts, no PZB user would ever be able to destroy t 34s if it isnt from the rear. The side of the t 34 is, i think, pretty safe from 14.5mm round.

Upvote 0
Indeed, everybody at Tripwire had a great time while playing and both maps seemed to play out really well.

Hey Yoshi whats going on with univermag (contest winner) when we can expect that with the upcoming patch tula makes a return. Univermag is a players favorite and plays out really well.
What happend to the poll where we could vote for our favorite maps that some weeks ago wolverine started??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
doubt it. If they were REALLY their real life counterparts, no PZB user would ever be able to destroy t 34s if it isnt from the rear. The side of the t 34 is, i think, pretty safe from 14.5mm round.
Well I was under the impression that the ATRs in-general were abit more effective than in reality.
I ain't no ATR expert tho.

Upvote 0
I tried playing in Workshop with the updated AT rifles. I must say, now IT IS really hard to kill a T-34 with a PzB. You can't achieve a kill if you're not aiming at the critical spot of the tank at a direct, 90 degree angle.

I know that PzB is a beast currently (I managed to score a tank kill 157 meters away in two shots at a very awkward angle :/)

Upvote 0
Has Pz-III a chance against T-34 and T-70 against Pz-IV?

The speed of acceleration and side/rear shots are the only way to go. If either of the medium tanks gets a shot on you, you're gonna suffer.

I was playing around against the bots and managed to get a few one hit kills on the T34 using the Panzer three, going for the side ammo pile.

Upvote 0
Regarding ATR balance:

If necessary it might be better to swap out the pz4 and t-34 with the pz3 and t-70 on some stock maps if imbalance occurs. The medium tanks can be reserved for maps where the designers want them to be very hard to kill.

This is something we are likely to do in a future update. But for this one we are focused on getting in one map with a good ratio of light and medium tanks as well as the changes to the weapons. Using that as a guide we can approach other maps in the future and make informed changes.

Upvote 0