• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Test out the MG-42 and New Tanks in the Rising Storm Beta

MG42 is beautiful

MG42 is beautiful

I liked MG42 in this beta version.
But I think it still needs some work before it can be added into the actual game.

+ Design is accurate
+ Awesome rate of fire
+ Sound is just perfect and sexy :cool:
+ Iron sights are simple and won't cover much of your sight
+ Barrel change is realistic (heats alot faster than 34)
+ Its not so accurate as Mg34 and so on its effectiviness is based on shock effect. This weapon makes the opposite hit the deck and stay low.

In my opinion there was only one very very big downside that needs to be fixed:

- Recoil is way too low when firing from hip. This gives a way too big opportunity for MG-rambos. It should be almost impossible to fire this gun from the hip.

Upvote 0
i liked mg42 in this beta version.
But i think it still needs some work before it can be added into the actual game.

+ design is accurate
+ awesome rate of fire
+ sound is just perfect and sexy :cool:
+ iron sights are simple and won't cover much of your sight
+ barrel change is realistic (heats alot faster than 34)
+ its not so accurate as mg34 and so on its effectiviness is based on shock effect. This weapon makes the opposite hit the deck and stay low.

- recoil is way too low when firing from hip. This gives a way too big opportunity for mg-rambos. It should be almost impossible to fire this gun from the hip.

+1

Upvote 0
But I think it still needs some work before it can be added into the actual game.

+ Design is accurate
+ Awesome rate of fire
+ Its not so accurate as Mg34 and so on its effectiviness is based on shock effect. This weapon makes the opposite hit the deck and stay low.

- Recoil is way too low when firing from hip. This gives a way too big opportunity for MG-rambos. It should be almost impossible to fire this gun from the hip.
Absolutely agreed.

Upvote 0

+ Design is accurate
+ Awesome rate of fire

Agree.
Also it seems it has an ammunition advance over the MG34 (Standart) which is surprising. I always thought the MG34 could sustain fire longer due to slower rate of fire and superior magazine sizes. Havent done any real resting though^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah this thing should kick like a mule from the hip. Please fix that

Opinion only, IRL it doesn't. The MG42's recoil booster is a very effective muzzle brake.

If you don't believe me, watch this youtube from 1:07 on (yes that is real 7.92 x 57mm ammo):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XctelR8MCVI

PLEASE DO NOT NERF THE MG42!!!

It's beautiful the way it really is and currently works in the beta. The only critique I would have is it has a very different report from the behind and side than it does in front. This might be too difficult to implement, and the current sound byte rocks :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd be in favor of the aforementioned function of hitting right-mouse to ready the gun before point-firing, simply because I doubt most machinegunners carried their MG's at the ready all the time and I like this solution more than giving MG's exaggerated recoil.

Ahh shoot that was off-topic. I forgot which thread this was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Opinion only, IRL it doesn't. The MG42's recoil booster is a very effective muzzle brake.

If you don't believe me, watch this youtube from 1:07 on (yes that is real 7.92 x 57mm ammo):

It's beautiful the way it really is and currently works in the beta. The only critique I would have is it has a very different report from the behind and side than it does in front. This might be too difficult to implement, and the current sound byte rocks :)

My opinion, the video also shows, how unhandy the MG42 is. In game, your character moves with it like with the shorter MP40...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeah fair enough about its IRL characteristics, but from a game balance standpoint I personally think it should kick more than it does.

Upvote 0
Yeah fair enough about its IRL characteristics, but from a game balance standpoint I personally think it should kick more than it does.

It already kicks more than it should, and I think more than the MG34 too.

The only thing it needs (and all MGs need) is to have less effective hipfire. Not in the form of stupid extra recoil which didn't exist (see the Sturmfeuer video) but through the form of movement speed and/or agility. None of that extremely easy handling in close quarters, make it so you have to click your mouse an extra time if you want to shoot it from the hip.

Upvote 0