Test out the MG-42 and New Tanks in the Rising Storm Beta

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
In just a few minutes the "Rising Storm Beta" application will be updated to the latest beta build of the game! Featuring bug fixes, some community feature requests, and the new vehicles and weapon!

We will be opening up our server tomorrow to host the first outside the office test so stay tuned for an event announcement with the exact time!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
They are now in the Rising Storm Beta application in your Steam Library as we test them with the public.

thens

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2012
In just a few minutes the "Rising Storm Beta" application will be updated to the latest beta build of the game! Featuring bug fixes, some community feature requests, and the new vehicles and weapon!

We will be opening up our server tomorrow to host the first outside the office test so stay tuned for an event announcement with the exact time!

m3MmsuY.jpg

Comrade Kaizer

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009

I know I just tweeted at you regarding it but might as well post here as well, do the fixes include the graphical issues with AMD cards (like the black smoke)? Really, want to get back into RO2 but that issue just deters me honestly.

TheMarshal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2014

Nice to hear!! But what are the community feature requests?? Gameplaywise more recoil more sway, rambo mg etc???

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
There is no changelog at this time as we have not verified the items on it. So we do not want to put something out as fixed/changed when it may not have been (or we have to pull something from the build for various reasons).

TheMarshal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2014
There is no changelog at this time as we have not verified the items on it. So we do not want to put something out as fixed/changed when it may not have been (or we have to pull something from the build for various reasons).

Ok thx. Cant wait to try those candies out.

Cwivey

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
In the hills! (of England)
Screen shake from grenades (minor bug with it atm, less shake the closer it gets) and Delayed Role switching are things I noticed, apart from the new map, tanks and the MG42.

Also UI elements seem to fade in quickly rather than sudden switches.

Cwivey

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
In the hills! (of England)
Where the **** is MG42?? I cannot find it

The role selection menu is slightly bugged atm (for AT soldier and MG). You can type "loaded" into the console, then find the MG42 amidst all the other guns your character is now loaded with.

Will have to see if online play differs in terms of which bugs are present when compared to offline play. =o

Last edited:

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Hmmm, while this is the beta, it rewrote all my stock game config files to default and I lost my settings, key binds, ugh...

It doesn't make sense that it would touch them.

Thankfully I have copies of those files somewhere.