• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Test out the MG-42 and New Tanks in the Rising Storm Beta

Hmmm, while this is the beta, it rewrote all my stock game config files to default and I lost my settings, key binds, ugh...

It doesn't make sense that it would touch them.

Thankfully I have copies of those files somewhere.

Well that doesn't work. I replace the files fine and start up the stock game and controls etc are fine.

The second I start up the beta, ALL THE CONFIGS for the stock game get re-written.

Previous Betas DID NOT DO THIS.

Upvote 0
Well that doesn't work. I replace the files fine and start up the stock game and controls etc are fine.

The second I start up the beta, ALL THE CONFIGS for the stock game get re-written.

Previous Betas DID NOT DO THIS.

The beta and stock game seem to share the same .ini files now.
Which is mighty odd indeed.

Password ?

Which Password are you asking for? The servers will be open when the event starts. Otherwise, it's the separate Beta application, not the Beta tab in the Stock game's right click in steam thang.

Upvote 0
The beta and stock game seem to share the same .ini files now.
Which is mighty odd indeed.

No, it seems they now reside in this location for me

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rising Storm Beta\ROGame\Config

Which I might add, even if I change a setting in the file, it also resets to default when I start the Beta (I mean all my key bindings)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The role selection menu is slightly bugged atm (for AT soldier and MG). You can type "loaded" into the console, then find the MG42 amidst all the other guns your character is now loaded with.

can't you use 'mg level 1' (or whatever, I can't quite remember it off the top of my head) to limit the number of guns you have to go through?

Upvote 0
Now it works, but im a little bit afraid. The new mg 42 is super easy controllable in hip fired rambo mode. Pls fix it. It should be handled like in Ro Ost only usable and able to fire (even if in real life it isnt realistic, but in terms of gameplay its better how it was in Ro ost) when deployed.

Yeah, it will be incredibly strong when hipfiring without a doubt.
Generally I really like the MG-42 implementation, could be a tad louder though.

Upvote 0
Woah, new map?!?!?!?! Demyansk? So good!

Maybe this is a custom that I somehow have?

looks like Arad2 to me.

And please please please let me use the MG (UC and SPW) with my right mouse button when I want to use it in iron sight (like every other weapon in game). This would be really great

only if they let the uc guy not have to get out of his seat to reach for the next drum ;)

Upvote 0
My guess is that TWI wants the mgs to act like that in hipfire mode. After all, if they introduced the MG42 this way with all the complaints about Rambo'ing with these weapons, they probably aren't going to change it.

I know, but mgs should used as a supporting role giving covering fire and surpressing the enemy, not as super accurate

Last edited:
Upvote 0