• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

indiangif.gif

Upvote 0
The only thing that annoys me to no end about this is that 'press' get to take part in the beta for "the next couple of weeks or so" and then the pre-purchase beta opens..

Really? Over two ****ing weeks? Almost at the end of August? for what, some journalist types who probably have no ****ing idea what they're doing? Awesome.

I'm not surprised by the delay considering how little new information and video we have seen lately, though I am disappointed having pre-ordered the special edition. But I am surprised that the beta is seemingly being pushed back to the "next couple weeks or so". The game was supposed to go live in the next couple weeks, and it seems the benefit of having more time to polish is mostly wasted if the pre-order beta doesn't start as soon as possible. If the beta doesn't start until the last week of August or beyond, as the phrase "next couple weeks or so" implies, there won't be much time for any input that beta testers have to be implemented or fixed without another potential delay in the release date.

Upvote 0
Didn't they write "We have a lot of fun in beta" ?
So I think the game is playable and not buggy as Hell.
I don't think that the press will help you finding bugs.
Would be better to let the masses in and they will find bugs.

I think atleast randomly selecting a group of pre orderers to help with the numbers in testing would be better than nothing.

I would rather the game two weeks earlier than having a few press guys fill their ****ty blogs with the same stuff we have already heard.

Upvote 0
I think this probably means that the beta will be a bit longer than TWI originally expected. They likely thought the beta would be 5 days just to make sure that the 600 early adopters didn't have game breaking bugs. Now, if they are testing 20,000 people and hundreds of servers, the beta might be two weeks long for us early purchasers. And we'll end up with fewer patches and a more robust game at the start.

Upvote 0
Oh please, just stop it. Stop it already with the threatening, swearing and cursing! You make look yourself dumb.

What gives it that they are delaying it for 14 days. 14 days means nothing for me. I can do 14 days alot of other things while i wait patiently for more news or announcements.

It's a good thing that they have delayed it. How many people would complain if the game would be releases in a early stage with full of game- breaking bugs? Exactly you get the same chainreaction as you see here!

I know not all people can be satisfied but come on, we are talking about Tripwire here. They have a reputation to live on. I have great respect for Tripwire what they have done so far. They are a smaller company then DICE and do not have a large financial budget. They are publishing their own games! As you see they have pulled some hell of a job with this one. Just another small pioneer are who is battling against the bigger ones.

If you have payed "only 8~10 dollars" for only to get beta acces you have come here for the wrong reasons. I'm not telling you what the reasons are. Sit back, think for 10 minutes and i assume you will know by then why you have payed a little bit more for the Deluxe Edition.

You will notice sooner or later when the beta will start. And be sure to give them feedback that they need. This is not a demo, neither a early time to test or whatever. This is a beta, and i want you to promise them to give them feedback during the beta which everyone will help at the release.

Go out, do something fun while you wait for some news. I have the patience, do you?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this probably means that the beta will be a bit longer than TWI originally expected. They likely thought the beta would be 5 days just to make sure that the 600 early adopters didn't have game breaking bugs. Now, if they are testing 20,000 people and hundreds of servers, the beta might be two weeks long for us early purchasers. And we'll end up with fewer patches and a more robust game at the start.
I understand whats happening in regards to testing but this is something that could have been fixed by having more testers in the beginning.

Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0
I'm just disappointed by the 'a few weeks' that the press is going to get before we see the Beta. As Tripwire said, no inside dates have been pushed back, therefore from my understanding, the Beta will run as planned.

Why then was the Beta planned so late? Two weeks from now is only a few days from the initial release. I'm no developer, but I think that if a major bug should arise in Beta, 8 days is much too soon to issue a large patch to fix it.

Coupled with the fact that people did pay to play the Beta, why only give them a week? I had honestly expected to see 2-3 weeks of Beta before the release. Now obviously with the push back we will get those 2-3 weeks, but only because of the delay.

As for the delay itself, I'm fine and perfectly happy to see a game refuse to release before it's finished. Good for Tripwire, I appreciate the honesty and forwardness of delaying the release if the game isn't done. I'm just having a hard time justifying the Beta timing, especially when so many paid extra for it.

Upvote 0
Bart's+Comet1.png

NNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Just kidding

So with all these people freaking out and threatening to take their money back over a two week delay..... would you all have still pre-ordered if the original date was Sept 13, 2011??

Get a grip, you still got a discount, you still got a bunch of unlocks, you still got some additional fancy stuff for TF2 and KF and you still have the Beta coming.

Big Friggin Deal that it's delayed by two weeks.

Seriously, if they did release the game on the 31st and it was loaded with glitches, exploits and bugs, the same damn people would be in here b*tching and moaning about that.

Yes, they could patch the game later, but first impressions and all, it's bad for business.

Maybe Epic, EA and Valve can release games full of crap and glitches.... they can afford it, but at least Trip is telling you all now about the delay than two days before release.

And two weeks is nothing when you compare it to how long Valve delayed releasing Half-Life 2 after they set a date. How many years was it?

1?

1.5 Years??

Maybe 2??? I can't remember but it was a hell of a long time.

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
sadfacef.jpg

I was refreshing the forums every like 2 hours, hoping for some HD footage or a beta announcement, or both.
Then im like, oh a new thread in announcements, thats gotta be good.. and then, well thats the worst thing any1 could wish for.
Plus, just to pour some salt on an open wound, I read that those filthy reporters that cant appreciate good games anyway, get to play it for a few weeks before us and only then we get the beta.

For the 1st time evar, im dissapoint. Not that im gonna pull preorder, beta isnt the reason I got it but.. but.. *sadface*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel pretty sorry for the guys over at tripwire.

Whatever they do in the current situation, some people will always get mad about it. Tripwire made the step to put two more weeks into the developement. Now you have the obvious comments like:

TRIPWIRE IS SO BAD THEY CHEATED ON US! LIARS! WHERE IS MY BETA?
etc.

But what to do at this point anyway? If you dont put the release back for two weeks the chance is very high that the same people who now complain about the delay would post comments like this:

Tripwire is selling us a beta and is using paying customers as beta testers. They never should have released the game this soon.

From my point of view TW did the best step since there are always people ranting about the situation no matter what they do. They decided to spend a bit more time and release a better verion of the game.

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
Yeah it sucks, but it is absolutely worth it.

Would rather have to wait two weeks longer than have the ****ty performance of Blops at launch. Seriously people are still having problems with it...

Go ahead, it's a delay with good reason!!!

Also I apologize to TWI for all the entitlement... (I don't have enough -1 rep to hand out:p)

Edit: This is exactly the reason why they haven't given a date for beta!!!
Also the pre-order never had a 'money back when delayed' clause, so they haven't done anytrhing wrong even in the official manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0
Oh please, just stop it. Stop it already with the threatening, swearing and cursing! You make look yourself dumb.

What gives it that they are delaying it for 14 days. 14 days means nothing for me. I can do 14 days alot of other things while i wait patiently for more news or announcements.

It's a good thing that they have delayed it. How many people would complain if the game would be releases in a early stage with full of game- breaking bugs? Exactly you get the same chainreaction as you see here!

I know not all people can be satisfied but come on, we are talking about Tripwire here. They have a reputation to live on. I have great respect for Tripwire what they have done so far. They are a smaller company then DICE and do not have a large financial budget. They are publishing their own games! As you see they have pulled some hell of a job with this one. Just another small pioneer are who is battling against the bigger ones.

If you have payed "only 8~10 dollars" for only to get beta acces you have come here for the wrong reasons. I'm not telling you what the reasons are. Sit back, think for 10 minutes and i assume you will know by then why you have payed a little bit more for the Deluxe Edition.

You will notice sooner or later when the beta will start. And be sure to give them feedback that they need. This is not a demo, neither a early time to test or whatever. This is a beta, and i want you to promise them to give them feedback during the beta which everyone will help at the release.

Go out, do something fun while you wait for some news. I have the patience, do you?

Thank you.

No I have no patience, I hate waiting and I really don't like being deceived.

your welcome

Reactions: Chane and Coolguy
Upvote 0