• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

I am sort of glad they pushed it back. Now we get to play the beta longer!

As for the people crying about its to close to BF3 or MW3 release.... SO F'ing what! Go get you're plugger, climb into you're crib and cry as much as you can so you feel better about yer self.

Honestly BF3 isnt going to be that great....

Upvote 0
Obviously Tripwire know that we all have high expectations for this game, and in turn are making sure that the games reaches those expectations. They are under a lot of pressure and knew there'd be a backlash if they delayed, so it must be an important "spit and polish"
Just sit back, relax the game will be out before you realize!

Reactions: Nar6
Upvote 0
Obviously Tripwire know that we all have high expectations for this game, and in turn are making sure that the games reaches those expectations. They are under a lot of pressure and knew there'd be a backlash if they delayed, so it must be an important "spit and polish"
Just sit back, relax the game will be out before you realize!
It's that we won't get to play it that irks me atleast.

It's that the press are getting the beta first and then TWI says they're delaying the game to polish it. If the game is polished enough for the press to see it, then let us DE beta testers stress test the game!

Upvote 0
I think what worries me is less about how early I can play or test the game but whether the two weeks will be enough to get the game to where it really should be, what this kind of desperate move really spells for the final product. I have a lot of trust in TWI because of RO:OST and all the little things they have said over the years about game development. My sense is that TWI's standards are just high and they are just being cautious about their product and the 2 weeks is more of the nature of a failsafe. But this move could be interpreted by the pessimist in me as a bad foreshadowing of the state of the final product, whether it be an unpredictably buggy release or ultimately several release date pushbacks. Once you have to do it once, it seems to become more likely to have to do it again.

Some of this worry comes out of the "FAQ"; it bothers me a little that early on in the media releases for this game Mr. Wilson was saying they had several beta phases planned with one that would open a beta to a very large testing pool. I don't recall the exact number that was thrown out there, but it was definitely tens of thousands or more. Now Mr. Wilson is saying that the deluxe pre-order volume was tens of thousands and that surprised their (to me ridiculously; 100s???) significantly lower expectations of that volume and said beta would thus reveal lots of strange otherwise undiscovered bugs that would have to be addressed in an intensive 2-3 week QA/bugfixing period (presumably extending it from 5-7 days) .

The sort of contradiction here, between the original plan (and apparently mistaken presumption by me that it was enacted) to have a wide beta phase which could dragnet all the weird bugs out and then the apparent alarm on the part of TWI that a late-stage deluxe beta of approximately the same size as this planned beta would catch the game with its pants down and not give enough time to iron out the wrinkles and pull them back up before the original release date is a little troubling for me.

My question is if they only expected "100s" (or even 1000s) of people to pick up the deluxe pre-order, and the 10,000s deluxe pre-orders they got made them worry about the bugs that would come out, what had they expected to happen when the game was released apparently without that kind of a volume beta test?

So yea I have a lot of trust in TWI, and I can wait the extra two weeks no problem, but I'm a little worried.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys, I think I speak for most of our community when I say we completely understand, I really hope this doesn't tarnish the name in anyway because it has been our number one game for longer than I care to remember, and you guys are the best! We're here to help and I'm really look forward to being part of finding and fixing bugs and to polish this game up as much as we can. To everyone who this has annoyed, will be worth the wait I'm sure :D. Good luck TWI, don't work tooo hard. :cool:

Reactions: Atomic
Upvote 0
I understand whats happening in regards to testing but this is something that could have been fixed by having more testers in the beginning.

Not necessarily. The bottle neck was probably the coding work load. You could have a lot of bugs, but with a small to medium sized company (who's chief coder is also the CEO), it could have been too much to handle in a reasonable time without dropping features.

Sure it sucks, but I think it would suck more to release a half baked game, get lousy reviews, then have to download a multi-gig patch (especially for people who bought the boxed version).

Also, lots of people wanted to pre-order this game before the release date or beta access were announced. I'm sure the delay isn't bothering those guys too much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My question is if they only expected "100s" (or even 1000s) of people to pick up the deluxe pre-order, and the 10,000s deluxe pre-orders they got made them worry about the bugs that would come out, what had they expected to happen when the game was released apparently without that kind of a volume beta test?

So yea I have a lot of trust in TWI, and I can wait the extra two weeks no problem, but I'm a little worried.

Chill out, TWI just ordered another server (build nearly at the time the game is situated). Now they can handle even 299 players and if there are more players just push the release another 2 weeks because thats the installationtime of a new server :D

Upvote 0