• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

I'm kind of happy about the delay :D
I'll be in holiday at the 30th August, so due the delay I can enjoy a (hopfully) bugfree RO:HOS on Release. (Maybe I'll miss the Beta .. but whatever)

And to all the "u ****n' kidding me'" people out there ... are YOU kidding ME??
What the heck are 2 weeks? It's not like this is Duke Nukem which was delayed over and over again. (And also other big Titles,and, and, and....).
So stop ranting, go out and enjoy your lifes while waiting for one of the best games ever ;)

Upvote 0
I like how the people who complain the most are people who eventually have a join date that was yesterday or maybe even today? It is like the only reason they come here is to complain.

Some of you guys obviously have no idea how the process of writing a preview and finally a review of a game works. Most guys in the press have done the job for years and they understand that when they get a early build of a game it is far from being perfect and that there are of course bugs and other stuff like the lack of performance optimization etc. You know this is why release versions get a review with a rating not a beta or alpha version. They dont expect it to be "bug free" and they know it. What a preview should do is give the reader a clear view of things that he can expect from the release version of the game.

Upvote 0
Or they planned on releasing the de beta 2 days before the game was doing to drop and now they're just adding 2 weeks to the de beta to try to give the consumer something for their money.

Make it feel like it's not a demo and more like a "beta".
That thought crossed my mind. It's possible (though I'd hope highly improbable), that TWI was not expecting that many deluxe testers and were caught off guard by how many actaully pre-ordered the deluxe. Rather than continue with their orignal plan and release it 3-7 days before release, and getting mightily flamed for it, they pushed back the release date to give the final phase closed beta more time.

Upvote 0
If they feel they need more time then that's the way it is. If you have been working on a project for a few years you don't want to throw it out the window by releasing it before it's ready. It's all about first impressions in this industry, a game is only hot on the shelves for a short time so you want it to be perfect when it's released.

And we will still have the beta while we wait!

Upvote 0
That thought crossed my mind. It's possible (though I'd hope highly improbable), that TWI was not expecting that many deluxe testers and were caught off guard by how many actaully pre-ordered the deluxe. Rather than continue with their orignal plan and release it 3-7 days before release, and getting mightily flamed for it, they pushed back the release date to give the final phase closed beta more time.

If that's the case, that they have too many beta testers, then they should also be letting server managers in there so they can see what the game hosts can do.

Unless ofcourse the bulk of the closed beta testers are going to be running their own large scale servers.

Upvote 0
Wow, is this the "reveal yourself as a troll" thread?

If waiting for a game (even if its such a great game) +2 weeks really let you freak out that much, then you should visit a doctor.
And then visit your parents so they can teach you how to talk to other people respectful ;)

But of course I also hope, that this means I have longer access to the Beta.
If not, too bad - but if they need time for more polishing, than its fine for me. Better than just releasing something bugged.

Cheers

Upvote 0