• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

.... Then im like, oh a new thread in announcements, thats gotta be good.. and then, well thats the worst thing any1 could wish for........

Actually, keep in mind that things could always be worse.

Tripwire could have announced that there never really was a Red Orchestra 2 coming out, that it was all an elaborate hoax, they now have all your money and they're going to fold the company and fly off to an island somewhere to live out the rest of their lives drinking vodka & being served hand and foot by hot jungle women, while you all pull out your hair and polish your guns & rage. :D

A two week delay is not the worst thing that could happen.

Upvote 0
Next time you release a statement, TWI, get a person that uses English as a first language.

So people understand, internally no dates are being pushed back. Everything will still be finished to the same dates as for the original release date. What we are doing is buying ourselves 2 extra weeks of QA and bug-fix time.

We haven’t taken this decision lightly: moving a release date late in the day is a nightmare. We’ve done it because we feel it will make a difference to the product on launch day – for the better, obviously. Moving a schedule that involves a large (for us) marketing budget, physical production and distribution to the retailers across the glove, as well as disappointing the fans who have waited a long time for this game, isn’t easy. But in this case, we feel it will be worth the pain.
These are 2 contradictory statements. Now I know that might not be on purpose, but they contradict each other.

Next now you're saying the reason to puch the release back is to polish and fix the bugs.

We haven’t released dates of the next phases of the Beta testing, but they aren’t far away. We already have the first of the press in the Beta, with a “preview” phase for the press scheduled to run over the next couple of weeks or so. After that, we’ll be ready for the final phase of the beta, with the pre-purchasers getting their hands on the game.
Now why if bugs are holding up the release why would the press get involved before testers? This statement right here is the sword through the heart.

What you're telling us is that you're delaying the game to fix the bugs and polish the game, but you want the press in first. Sounds to me like the game is fine but you want to push more preorders. If you want to push more preorders that's fine ask us to get the word on the street, but don't take us as stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shakermaker
Upvote 0
They got your money and they still will not tell us when the beta start never again these guys I knew better than to trust a INDE dev team they are all like this.

You have no idea about the major companies do you?

2 weeks is a small amount compared to other companies which can go over a year.

But in all honesty I think the deadlines people make are too pushy. Everyones seems to underestimate the time they need. Also, take into account that people actually have to work and have work mentality just like your job. A deadline can motivate you into doing more work. The dev team have been working to try and get things finished for the end of August. If it was for mid September. They might have just delayed it by 2 weeks then because they were working towards finishing then instead of earlier.

Humans eh?

-

I do hope that we get access to the beta in August though. Beta guys know the game shouldn't be fully functioning or polished.

Upvote 0
Now you have the damm time to add the ****ing co-op campaing, am i right ??
:mad:

"make the game more polish", it is polished enougth for me and for 99.9% of the RO fans, the rest wants this to be like BF3 and never touched in ROOST before.

We are all tired of waiting, at the very least make the beta avaiable sooner then.

i only say this becouse i think the game look's excelent already, for me there is no need to improve any graphics/textures.

Reactions: Centy and tofupunk
Upvote 0
So am i getting this right:
The reason for the delay is to have more time fixing problems from the beta. But the beta release wasnt delayed.
So you knew the whole time that there will be a delay but just waited for the first wave of pre-orders so people think they would get into beta early this month. But the truth is the original release (30. august) is really the estimated beta release? Mh EA or Ubisoft couldnt be worse to their community...

Also you dont release the beta soon because of some bugs and you dont want that many bugs. But then you first get the press in the beta before your community which can discover the majority of the bugs. So the press will test a version with more bugs then the community? I see very clever..

Im really disappointed. 2 weeks are not that much but you lie at us concerning release, beta and even not telling us (paying!) customers when the beta will be.

Upvote 0
This is a disaster. I got the deluxe version to support tripware in his magnificent work. I was hoping to enjoy the beta for my three week vacation ending August 29. Then I will have internet only a few hours on weekends. many people are on vacation in August. in September they return to school, university or work. Open the beta earlier would be a great thing for them. it encourages people to buy it. I am part of a clan of players. Around twenty peoples. twelves of them are interested in Ro2 but in the end I'm the only one who pre-ordered. the release date too late and the approach of the beta BF3 discourage all of them. Six of them really enjoy RO1. They will buy RO2 for sure but unfortunately they will wait the next summer or christmas camp of steam. It's very sad..... :(

Upvote 0
Action: HOMEFRONT released in March with bugs and issues
Response: "FUUUUU THQ WHY DID YOU RUSH RELEASE I WANT REFUND"

Action: RO2 delayed till September to work out issues
Response: "FUUUUUU TRIPWIRE WHY YOU DELAY I WANT REFUND"

:confused: facepalm

If there's really that many bugs then there is no need to send the press in before the testers....

This smells like they just want more preorders and positive reviews. Which is fine, but like I said don't take us as stupid.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Reactions: Coolguy
Upvote 0