• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Alte_Ziegelei (beta4.8)

You suppose it's the Ahz Vehicle Pack 2? Maybe all of the SS Uniform tweaks? I don't understand how all of the mod packages affect online play or what the server people need to do to get various maps to run. I know I downloaded and installed all the new files for both in order to run the b66 level in practice mode. After which I was getting an error when trying to enter an AB-Mod FKR server that was running the Panzerkrieg Gary-III map (can't recall the exact name of the level). However, an hour later I popped onto the same server and played Alte Ziegelei b55 (with the AB-Mutator) without getting the error? Weird.

Anyway -- all that aside, I played around on b66 in practice mode and it looks really good. I like all of the building changes. The castle ruins at Tonkhule is also a nice add. Grantlerhof looks like it will be very interesting to fight around. Lots of great new features on b66 for guys that like to play infantry, but still an excellent maneuver map for the folks that like being tankers.

I saw you lost the Renault Tank from Zolhaus. Someone giving you grief about it?

I also really like what you did with the tree bark on your static meshes. Very cool. The trees all look much more natural. I think you also changed most of the conifer trees to a different static mesh.

I was running b66 with the AB-mutator and five bots per side in practice mode. It was running at an average rate of about 35 to 40-fps on my machine (Nvidia Geforce 8600, I also have 4-gig of ram). There were some predictable troughs in the thick wooded areas of as low as 15 or 20-fps. These seem a tad lower than b55. I now make a habit of watching fps in online play particularly with AZ. B55 -- in online play -- seems like it normally runs around 40 to 55-fps on my machine with troughs of around 20 to 30-fps in the heavy wooded areas. As a bench mark, the Orel tank map runs at about 90 to 95-fps on my machine during online play – it’s also a big map but far more stark in terms of terrain – far fewer trees.

I was again lobbying for b66 last night on the FKR server to anyone who would listen. A number of people have downloaded it and tried it in practice mode, and they all seem to really like it. All of them were anxious to see it get plugged into the FKR-Server.

Great stuff.

All the best
Jeff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see you have b66 available on your own server. I jumped onto your server last night to give it a test run. It was lonely, but I wanted to test it in online play.

The map was actually running at a higher frame rate from the server than when I was running it on my own PC in practice mode with bots. It was humming along at about 45 to 55-fps even in the village. This is actually about on par with how my machine typically runs b55 in online play from the FKR server. I think Keystone, or Shurek told me that the presence of bots on a map tend to slow frame rate down for some reason(?). This may be why I was getting lower rates with b66 in practice mode?

I putted around in the ISU-152. It looks real good! I really like the reload sound effects and main gun sound effects. The track squeal is also a very realistic touch. I also like the very big boom the HE makes. :D

I don't recognize the gunsight reticle, but assume there was some additional research put together for this thing -- above and beyond what we had come up with on the optics thread on the modding forum.

I do have one question: If I can talk some folks into going over to your server to give b66 a whirl, will they need to first download and install the AHZ2 vehicle pack as well as the new SS Uniform files manually before they can play on your server? Or will the server automatically download these files for them the first time they enter the level?

Thanks
Jeff

Hey Jeff, thanks for all the comments :) As for the Renault wreck, I simply had to strip down all needless skins to pump up the map performance. First I've resized the renault's skin down from 1024x1024 to 512x512 but that tit look pretty ugly. So I decided to remove it completely. Sad for the tank wreck but good for performance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't recognize the gunsight reticle, but assume there was some additional research put together for this thing -- above and beyond what we had come up with on the optics thread on the modding forum.

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,

The version of the ISU-152 in the map is the publicly released Beta One that Paul and I put out about 6 months ago. I haven't had time to complete my work on the final version of the ISU-152 (soooo many projects and side-projects, and so little time;)). Anyway, the final version of the tank will feature the ST-10 gunsight optics that you contributed, in addition to some much needed modifications to the shell coding. Maybe some day it will all see the light of day...

-- Shurek

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jeff,

The version of the ISU-152 in the map is the publicly released Beta One that Paul and I put out about 6 months ago. I haven't had time to complete my work on the final version of the ISU-152 (soooo many projects and side-projects, and so little time;)). Anyway, the final version of the tank will feature the ST-10 gunsight optics that you contributed, in addition to some much needed modifications to the shell coding. Maybe some day it will all see the light of day...

-- Shurek

Great work. Thanks to you and Paul for your efforts.

The ISU-152 reticle you have is actually of interest to me for game play in that it provides a choke sight (stadia) range finder at the bottom of the reticle. Pretty common in more modern Soviet\Russian MBTs. I am interested if it is scaled properly for game play such that range estimates developed by the player from the choke sight range finder can be directly applied by the player for his main gun range set? Moreover if I use the choke sight to estimate range to a target, can I expect to have a high hit probability if I input that range estimate into my range setting?

Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great work. Thanks to you and Paul for your efforts.

The ISU-152 reticle you have is actually of interest to me for game play in that it provides a choke sight (stadia) range finder at the bottom of the reticle. Pretty common in more modern Soviet\Russian MBTs. I am interested if it is scaled properly for game play such that range estimates developed by the player from the choke sight range finder can be directly applied by the player for his main gun range set? Moreover if I use the choke sight to estimate range to a target, can I expect to have a high hit probability if I input that range estimate into my range setting?

Thanks
Jeff

The reticle image currently being used in the Beta One release is actually for an ISU commander's TPK-1 panoramic periscope. Amizaur had a look at it and he said that is not properly scaled for in-game ranges. He intended to fix this for the AB version of the ISU, but of course, he's waiting for me to finish my work on the final release.

Upvote 0
The reticle image currently being used in the Beta One release is actually for an ISU commander's TPK-1 panoramic periscope. Amizaur had a look at it and he said that is not properly scaled for in-game ranges. He intended to fix this for the AB version of the ISU, but of course, he's waiting for me to finish my work on the final release.

Ok...thanks for the clarification.

Upvote 0
Hi Foo'Bar:

You may already know this, but just in case...The Russian Assault Trooper in b66 appears in a snow schmock. I made the mistake of playing this infantry class last night and the white uniform stuck out like a sore thumb on the lush green environment of b66.

Speaking of Russian camoflauge uniforms -- I came across this web page purely by accident..

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/Soviet-WW2/camouflage-winter-clothing.html

Best Regards
Jeff

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm new to RO and am having issues with playing online with Alte Zigelei b66. My system is powerful enough to handle it, so my friend suggested I install the various packs and map myself, since the autoload can be problematic. Right now I have four files for Alte Zigelei b66:
  • RO-AlteZiegelei.rar (17.4Mb)
  • RO-AlteZiegelei_Pakete.rar (18Mb)
  • Ah2_Two_Vehicles_Beta2.exe (37.4Mb)
  • ArmoredBeasts2_Beta_208_full.exe (7.17Mb)
Are these all I need for the install?

Regards,
leonid

Upvote 0