• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Alte_Ziegelei (beta4.8)

decisive wins

decisive wins

The only decisive wins i have seen on this map, were by the Allied side.
Always at around the 90 minute mark, I have never seen the Axis win but have heard of it. Played both stock version on FK #3 and ABmod on FK #4.

I say wait a little while longer before changing loadouts, lets see what other tactics develop in the map 1st before tweaking it.

All too soon it will become an old map and there will be plenty of time to change it as a means of keeping ppl interested...cheers all

Upvote 0
Well i found this map last night and have spent a few hours on it these past two nights.I jumped in at the end of a game last night when the Germans had capped most areas.I played the Russians and soon got bored with spawning and grabbing the T34/85,and going boom as soon as i moved.
There were Russian tanks in flames all over the place.
Same tonight.
We were slightly down in numbers to the Germans but they were all in the Panthers and Tigers(just for a change).so we just got snotted again and again.I got so bored i even went as an AT guy to try stalking.After worrying a few panthers by driving behind them in a clown car i spent the rest of the night trying to get close enough to kill anything(i was on foot by now).

So yes the map is awesome but i think the Germans need slightly fewer ubertanks as the t34/76 are a waste of time on this map(Ditto the SU76)
it would be nice to be able to have a few captured panthers for maps like this.Yes i know that the T34'85 is a panther killer but it only works if you can use teamwork.which on a public server is not too easy.

Upvote 0
I just came back from FKs #4, allies won two rounds. It all depends on getting the forward spawn points. Then you will get double of the good tanks. It's worth it ;)
Thats good then mate.
But if you read my post again i said that we were outnumbered.
So it just becomes a bit of a bore for the allies getting snotted all the time.
Its not the fault of the map its the people playing the game on the night.
the map is good.
What this game needs is a way to limit the number of ubertanks available if the number of players is low.I know this is probably a major coding headache.but it would be nice in a ideal world.
Plus it would force some of the guys who "ONLY PLAY TIGERS" to use different tanks and maybe have a bit of fun instead of just sitting there picking every thing off knowing they are just about invulnerable.
The only problem on this map is the major lack of cover at the allied spawn.
I tried flanking the Tiger on the hill the other night but due to the total lack of any sort of cover it was impossible.So if this was sorted the map would be not far off perfect.
I myself prefer the early war stuff to the later vehicles.The Arad Recon map is a good example of this.When its just Tigers against IS2's and t34/85 its fun but a bit boring.But stick on a map full of PZIII's and BT7's and and T60's its a whole new ball game.Its fun with a capital F

Upvote 0
Well i found this map last night and have spent a few hours on it these past two nights.I jumped in at the end of a game last night when the Germans had capped most areas.I played the Russians and soon got bored with spawning and grabbing the T34/85,and going boom as soon as i moved.
There were Russian tanks in flames all over the place.
Same tonight.
We were slightly down in numbers to the Germans but they were all in the Panthers and Tigers(just for a change).so we just got snotted again and again.I got so bored i even went as an AT guy to try stalking.After worrying a few panthers by driving behind them in a clown car i spent the rest of the night trying to get close enough to kill anything(i was on foot by now).

So yes the map is awesome but i think the Germans need slightly fewer ubertanks as the t34/76 are a waste of time on this map(Ditto the SU76)
it would be nice to be able to have a few captured panthers for maps like this.Yes i know that the T34'85 is a panther killer but it only works if you can use teamwork.which on a public server is not too easy.

there are only 2 t3485s and one is2 at the first allied spawn. they have to fight against 5 or 6 panthers and one tiger.

if the russians have the forward spawn they get one is2 and a lot of t3485s.
they are then fighting against one tiger and two panthers and one (two?) pz4(s). even then the germans have far more firepower because the panther is better then everything on long range including the russian is2. its fireing fast enough to hit moving targets. and the tiger is even more dangerous against t34s but sux against the is2 at longer range. if the germans have intelligent people in the panthers and the tiger they can outgun the russian team even in front of their spawn.

2 days ago i killed 19 russian tanks with the panther in front of the russian spawn without diing. after that i had no ap ammo left. they have to cross this open field. there is no other way. now imagine there are 5 panthers all shooting the russian spawn exit! the one is2 cant kill all of them. and because of its low rate of fire its worse then a single panther in a duell situation over 400m.

the russians need one more is2s and more t3485s. or the number of panthers needs to be reduced.

and i know thet the t34 is fast, but as soon as you meet a big cat driven by someone, who is not a complete idiot, in a 1 vs 1 situation you are dead. even if you get the first shot at him from behind he will just turn around and you are ****ed.

something many people dont understand is that the panther and the tiger are far more devestating against weak tanks then a is2 because they fire faster. they can hit moving targets and can kill more enemys in a shorter time. if you are in a pz3 and there is a is2 somewhere you can just keep on driving and he will not hit you because he is shooting to slow. if you try the same with a t34 you are dead very often.

this post is about the older version played with ab on fk#4.
im looking forward to play the new version!

mfg Arnold

Upvote 0
Thx Foobar,

good work. Just 2 little things:

1. Tanks can shoot into the spawns!
2. You fall through the ground at the russian spawn (B8)!

We added the map to our [PzDF]-RO-Servers:

194.60.68.70:7757 - [PzDF] RO#1 - Armored Beats Tank Server
194.60.68.71:6656 - [PzDF] RO#2 - Custom-Maps only
78.143.25.47:7757 - [PzDF] RO#3 - Big Tank Maps Only 24/7

We added it also to our RO-German Community-Download-Area. You
can download the map here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there are only 2 t3485s and one is2 at the first allied spawn. they have to fight against 5 or 6 panthers and one tiger.

if the russians have the forward spawn they get one is2 and a lot of t3485s.(...)

mfg Arnold

Well, that's strange. Or is it your phantasy? ;)

First spawn german: 1 Tiger, 2 Panthers, 3 Pz4, 6 Pz3, 3 SdKfz250
First spawn russian: 1 IS, 2 85, many 76, 2 Bren, 2 Ba-64

on each forward spawn the good tanks will be double on each side.

Better look precisely next time before telling false truth ;)

Upvote 0
First spawn german: 1 Tiger, 2 Panthers, 3 Pz4, 6 Pz3, 3 SdKfz250
First spawn russian: 1 IS, 2 85, many 76, 2 Bren, 2 Ba-64

on each forward spawn the good tanks will be double on each side.

Better look precisely next time before telling false truth

yes, there are guys that come on and complain as soon as they dont see at least 20 Is-2 on the map (slight exaggeration). This maps is pretty nice the only things I dont like is that the russians can make use of the panzerfausts but thats more of an RO thing and that rubbish Ba-64 but other than that great stuff hope to see more from you soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes:
- looks different better I think its much darker than debrecen
- bigger engagement average ranges are big 1000-1200 meters ( in alot of areas) Debrecen is 600m- 700m ( in most areas longer if you are on the ridges)
-Different capzones
- New tankloadouts
- much more cover due to terrian and trees

Its pretty much a totally different map. I suggest you play it.

Upvote 0