• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Alte_Ziegelei (beta4.8)

In order to remove the mechanic gamestyle like Boren and Deboren (Orel & Debrecen)

Can you:

-In both sides reduce team leaders from 4 or more to 2 (one for tankers and one for infantry),this will totally kill the CC team leader rush at the end or for the entire game

-Remove panzerfausts from any town/object that has them to totally kill people that use them in their 90 minutes CC joyride,so if the ivan wants panzerfaust he must move his butt merge for the kill and prey it,and not just patrolling around Sender/AZ/GH and rearm when they running low of ammo

-Remove CC and replace it with T70,this is for keeping people that is only good to kill tanks with panzerfaust happy cause they have a new tube to lube

-For both sides redo o fix the main spawn area,adding some more protections like trees or roads under the ridges to kill the park the tank & plink a tank overdone by most of the people that play on this map.Russians can sort out this problem with a simple CC team leader rush recapping most of the towns in no time.Germans cannot,251 is so slow and big and the ways for leave safely the spawn area are not that wide or camper proof.So adding trees,ridges or other stuff will keep both sides on the move and sort out the campers outside your spawn area or whereabouts,cause we know if there it was a safe spot to camp outside your spawn leaving area people will just move and sit on it like they do in Black Day July/December,Orel and sometimes in Debrecen too.

-Totally remove the forward spawn inside AZ or change the rules,commie tanks are much more fast than the german tanks,the trip from AZ to Storchewhatevergrund lasts about 1 minute,not to mention that you can even camp and protect it from Shuppen surrounding the area with T34/85 and one shot wonders (IS2 & ISU152).And since the warp speed of german tanks any effort is useless to retake any town above Shuppen that is not named Sender,Posten 1 & 2 and Tonkwhateverule

If you are going to change the rules then forwards spawn only if one of the two sides holds AZ/KW/GH for 10 minutes,or just raise the spawn time for the one shot wonders and reducing every >75/76mm gun tank number

Please?

Upvote 0
Newest version RC04 of Alte Ziegelei has been released last weekend.

Changelog:

1. Arty blocking volumes at both first spawn areas,
  2. russian spawn area lowered about 2 meters,
  3. more trees at both first spawn areas,
  4. respawn amounts of tanks at middle and forward spawn areas limited to 4 per factory,
  5. primary weapons have to be collected at ammo tents (only secondary weapons and grenades left in classes),
  6. T-60 at forward spawn area added,
  7. doors added to P1 and Vogelkopf bunker buildings,
  8. heavy tanks removed from first spawn areas,
  9. terrain at russian first spawn lowered to get out better from there without beeing seen,
  10. Panzerfausts, satchels and sniper rifles respawn time set to 10 minutes,
  11. and much floating trees set to surface :)
The RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04 is beeing hosted at [E.C.]RO#1-Home of Alte Ziegelei-AB server, as usual :) Map with all additional stuff can be downloaded on my Fooblog.

Have fun! :)

PS: Server file can be found here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks and plays great Foo'bar. Love the changes. I hope more server Admin folks will pick-up the map. I also hope these same folks won't tamper with your work and that they will play the map as you intend it to be played.

Just my two cents worth regarding play balance...

I like the removal of the heavies from the rear spawns and think your force mix works very well with the AB-Mutator. I might be tempted to add one Tiger-1 to AB-Mutator maps for the German rear spawn.

I won't go on about how I think Clown Cars affect play balance on the map because you have read this all before. :D My vote would be to get rid of CCs; or limit respawns; Or give the Germans motorcycles or the Kubelwagons. I think the CCs make it very tough and frustrating for the German side.

With the armor effects in the stock version of RO I think you will find the T34/76 --with angling -- is a very tough kill for the Pzkw mkIV and PzKw mkIII firing APCR. I noticed that there are some servers playing AZ-66 in stock RO and suspect the new AZ will be picked-up on servers that don't like the AB-Mutator. After playing Maslova numerous times in stock RO -- similar tank mix -- I ended up adding two Tiger-1s to map in order to balance play. The Germans were just getting rolled over much more often than not as the 75mmL43 and 75mmL48 are weak against angled T34/76s.

I haven't played around in the SU-152 on the new version of AZ. Have you incorporated Shureks new optics pacakge and other SU-152 tweaks?

Nice Work!!

Best Regards
Jeff

P.S. Just so you know, I did notice over the weekend that the C*K* servers have monkeyed with your b80 version of the map. They did some weird things to lighting and so on. Looks very bad and un-natural and the sky-dome roof patch has an extremely horrible flicker. It's called AlteZiegelei_b80_CK_Hell. All I can say is PU(!) to CK-Hell. The fear with these hack jobs is that folks from other servers will see this turd rip-off job and think it is the real AZ map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks and plays great Foo'bar. Love the changes. I hope more server Admin folks will pick-up the map. I also hope these same folks won't tamper with your work and that they will play the map as you intend it to be played.

Hi Jeff, I can't force people to play the AZ in any way :) and I won't do it if I could. As you know the AZ project once was just trying around with SDK to see what's happening. I always tried to regard the players' wishes, that's why the AZ looks like it looks today. The AZ is a special map in many ways, its size, its landscape, its amount of objects, its way to play it. In my eyes the AB mutator is an absolute must to play the AZ map. But that's my opinion and perhaps the opinion of some other players.

With the new tank setup we first have to see and collect some more opinions of players before changing anything. I plan to release my final AZ version after the K

Upvote 0
Newest version RC04 of Alte Ziegelei has been released last weekend.

[...]
The RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04 is beeing hosted at [E.C.]RO#1-Home of Alte Ziegelei-AB server, as usual :) Map with all additional stuff can be downloaded on my Fooblog.

Have fun! :)

PS: Server file can be found here.

Echhh Foo'bar as usual U forgot (?) to notice us with new release ;p, but look - we keep up with your progress and have this map since 2 days now ;p
Please next time remember about us (and maybe new gallery?)

BTW. RO.pl DL mirror here:

Upvote 0
Yes -- that's always best. Let it run for a few weeks and track win\loss ratios if that is possible – than micro tweak as required. Folks will moan and groan about a map based on playing it only once or twice. Only after they play it 20 or 30 times can they start to render truely useful feedback.

And no, you can't force server Admin folks to play any maps. That's not my b!tch. I don’t care what they choose to run – after all it’s their server. My b!tch is server admin folks that ruin maps in a never ending series of 30-min SDK Hack & slash jobs. My philosophy -- like it or lump it -- is play the bloody map as the Map Author intends it to be played and don't monkey with the dammn rom file unless the original author gives their permission. Tell the author what you like and don't like all you want but let original author decide if change is in order. That's just common courtesy -- is that really too much to ask for? It's sort of like an art gallery. The curator has the right to hang whatever he wants to hang in his gallery. The curator doesn't have the right to take a paint brush and start making random brush strokes to the paintings he hangs in his gallery.

Sorry -- I digress and am going way off topic. Again thumbs up(!) to your latest version of AZ

Best regards
Jeff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A complainer said:
Remove CC and replace it with T70,this is for keeping people that is only good to kill tanks with panzerfaust happy cause they have a new tube to lube

Yes excellent suggestion!!! Not only was used until the end of the war by the Soviets you get a firepower upgrade 20mm cannon + the 7.62 Dt-28 machine gun. Best combined arms/tank map= No Ba-64 (its way to gamey especially with panzerfausts laying around)

The T-60 is the light tank in game the T-70 is similar except its armed with 45mm main gun look here: [url]http://www.thetankmaster.com/english/afv/t70-soviet-light-tank.asp[/URL]

Upvote 0
Echhh Foo'bar as usual U forgot (?) to notice us with new release ;p, but look - we keep up with your progress and have this map since 2 days now ;p
Please next time remember about us (and maybe new gallery?)

Hi BartBear,

I didn't forget you :p but I was thinking that making one announcement here in main forum was enough. Next time you'll get a extra letter :) And with releasing the final AZ you even will get new screenshots :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes excellent suggestion!!! Not only was used until the end of the war by the Soviets you get a firepower upgrade 20mm cannon + the 7.62 Dt-28 machine gun. Best combined arms/tank map= No Ba-64 (its way to gamey especially with panzerfausts laying around)

The T-60 is the light tank in game the T-70 is similar except its armed with 45mm main gun look here: [URL="http://www.thetankmaster.com/english/afv/t70-soviet-light-tank.asp"][url]http://www.thetankmaster.com/english/afv/t70-soviet-light-tank.asp[/URL][/URL]

Crap,I rarely use that thing in game that I have mispelled it :p

Thanks Foo'bar for the changes,if there is something wrong I will complain about it soon :D

Upvote 0
Hier ein Auszug aus der Logdatei:

Log: Log file open, Thu Apr 16 00:53:27 2009
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Mar 5 2009 18:06:03
Init: Command line: ro-arad.rom?game=ROGame.ROTeamGame -log=RO_Server.log --nohomedir
Init: (This is Linux patch version 3339.0)
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: /home/xxxx/ro/system/
Init: Ini:RedOrchestra.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Warning: Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer
Log: Browse: ro-arad.rom?Name=ROPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=G_VehCrew4?team=1?Sex=M?game=ROGame.ROTeamGame
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 52249->52248; refs: 691873
Warning: Failed to load 'Class ROGame.ROTeamGame': Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROTeamGame'
Warning: Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROTeamGame'
Log: Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROTeamGame'
Log: Game class is 'ROTeamGame'
Log: STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation successful
Log: Bringing Level ro-arad.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 13.865657...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Warning: Failed to load 'WaffenSSCamo44': Can't find file for package 'WaffenSSCamo44'
Warning: Failed to load 'RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04': Can't find file for package 'WaffenSSCamo44'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'WaffenSSCamo44'
Warning: Error loading RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04 !
ScriptLog: UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7767 successfully bound.
Log: Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
Log: Defaulting to false
WebAdmin: Loading Available Maps
WebAdmin: Loading Game Types
WebAdmin: XWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 8075
ScriptLog: [~] ServerAdsSE WebAdmin loaded
ScriptLog: MaxPlayerRatio = 2.00
ScriptLog: [~] Starting ServerAdsSE version: 102
ScriptLog: [~] Michiel 'El Muerte' Hendriks - [email protected]
ScriptLog: [~] The Drunk Snipers - http://www.drunksnipers.com
ScriptLog: [~] There are 8 lines in the list
Log: Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.11.174)
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7768 successfully bound.
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 0 | 32
Log: STEAMAUTH : Connected to Steam Servers
Log: STEAMAUTH : VAC Security Enabled
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ArmoredBeasts2_ROVehicles.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ArmoredBeasts2_Codebase.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/ArmoredBeasts2_Weapons.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/FB_WeaponPickups.u
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/DVScopedPickups.u
Log: Garbage: objects: 57172->56332; refs: 734185
ScriptLog: ROUND PLAY HAS STARTED

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here it comes

Log: Log file open, Thu Apr 16 15:30:33 2009
Init: Command line: ro-arad.rom?game=ROGame.ROTeamGame -log=RO_Server.log --nohomedir
Log: Browse: ro-arad.rom?Name=ROPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=G_VehCrew5?team=1?Sex=M?game=ROGame.ROTeamGame
Warning: Failed to load 'Class ROGame.ROTeamGame': Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROTeamGame'
Log: Bringing Level ro-arad.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 7.024338...
Warning: Failed to load 'WaffenSSCamo44': Can't find file for package 'WaffenSSCamo44'
Warning: Failed to load 'RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04': Can't find file for package 'WaffenSSCamo44'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'WaffenSSCamo44'
Log: Garbage: objects: 57169->56331; refs: 734151
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 16 | 32
Log: STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled When Human Player Count > 16
ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: ro-blackdayjuly?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?mutator=
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
Log: Server switch level: ro-blackdayjuly?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?mutator=
Log: Browse: ro-blackdayjuly?Name=ROPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=G_VehCrew6?team=1?Sex=M?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?mutator=
Exit: Socket shut down
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Garbage: objects: 67752->54019; refs: 696844
Log: Bringing Level ro-blackdayjuly.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 18.827495...
Log: (Karma): StaticMesh (Building_02) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
WebAdmin: XWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin I

The file "WSSCamo44Tex.utx" is in the folder "textures".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I installed the complete package + the texture package from the polish side and get this

Log: Log file open, Thu Apr 16 16:21:10 2009
Log: Browse: ro-arad.rom?Name=ROPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=R_VehCrew6?team=1?Sex=M?game=ROGame.ROTeamGame
Log: Bringing Level ro-arad.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 6.402241...
Warning: Failed to load 'CO_ISU152_BetaOne': Can't find file for package 'CO_ISU152_BetaOne'
Warning: Failed to load 'RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04': Can't find file for package 'CO_ISU152_BetaOne'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'CO_ISU152_BetaOne'
Log: Garbage: objects: 57206->56344; refs: 734244
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - xxxxxxx 16 | 32
Log: STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled When Human Player Count > 16
ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: ro-blackdayjuly?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?mutator=
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
Log: Server switch level: ro-blackdayjuly?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?mutator=
Log: Browse: ro-blackdayjuly?Name=ROPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=G_VehCrew3?team=1?Sex=M?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?mutator=
Exit: Socket shut down
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Garbage: objects: 67827->54032; refs: 696937
Log: Bringing Level ro-blackdayjuly.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 22.204892...
Warning: Failed to load 'CO_ISU152_BetaOne': Can't find file for package 'CO_ISU152_BetaOne'
Warning: Failed to load 'RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04': Can't find file for package 'CO_ISU152_BetaOne'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary RO-AlteZiegelei_rc04.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'CO_ISU152_BetaOne'
WebAdmin: X

Upvote 0