• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm Gamescom trailer

Can I ask why some of you guys are not interested in this game? If you think RO2 let you down maybe this is a time it can redeem you back. This is the same genre game you guys wanted, with another dev team working (w/ twi) bringing their passion and desire to the game.

I signed an agreement not to say anything about the game....but I have to say it is not a low quality game. The RS team is really trying to bring what they feel the players want. In my opinion they are. This isn't just another WW2 shooter, and it isn't just RO2 with skins. (not a completely different game either)

Guys please don't write this game off. If your looking for a realistic pacific shooter...I don't think you guys will be disappointed.

Looking at the gameplay video, so far it really does look like Ro2 with some different guns and a few extra features (most of which i am definately not sold on).

The shooting and movement mechanics looks the same, the pace of the game looks the same, and thease are the main things i disliked the most about Ro2, so honestly, what would make this so different that i'd suddenly like it?

The maps would almost have to be better than the Ro2 stock, so there's that atleast, but better maps alone isen't going to do it..

We've seen 1 gameplay video so far, so ok, i won't write it off as of yet, i will atleast watch some more gameplay vids when they become avalible (the ones post release beeing the important ones, as those will show how it actually plays). But no, i'm not holding my breath for this at all.

Upvote 0
On the plus side of things, if you can play stock ro2 maps in the Rising Storm client, then hopefully you can do the same thing from the other perspective.

Which would lay to rest some of my fears about it fragmenting the community. Alternatively the Ro2 client will only be able to play Ro2 maps, and the Rising Storm client will be able to play both. Also I'm really liking the idea of playing a team equipped with mostly bolts.

Upvote 0
Can I ask why some of you guys are not interested in this game?
For exactly the same reasons i very rarely played DH .Yet I would have played MN and CC if they hadn't died a death from lack of players.
The setting,the weapons, the forces.
OH and the fact that I have already paid for a RO2 game which I hardly play due to lots of issues I dislike.Plus the fact that RO2 has such a small player base already and this is going to split it even more.As happened with the 3 mods in ROost.The player base is not large enough for another stand alone game.
I just want tanking fixing in RO2 and some proper tanking maps and tanks.Not another version of the same game with different accents and skin colour.

Upvote 0
Can I ask why some of you guys are not interested in this game? If you think RO2 let you down maybe this is a time it can redeem you back. This is the same genre game you guys wanted, with another dev team working (w/ twi) bringing their passion and desire to the game.

I signed an agreement not to say anything about the game....but I have to say it is not a low quality game. The RS team is really trying to bring what they feel the players want. In my opinion they are. This isn't just another WW2 shooter, and it isn't just RO2 with skins. (not a completely different game either)

Guys please don't write this game off. If your looking for a realistic pacific shooter...I don't think you guys will be disappointed.

How can you be sure that this isn't just RO2 with different skins?

I have been tricked before by believing that marketing represents the actual game. I am not necessary even speaking about RO2 now but other games. So I really don't believe at all in the marketing regarding this game unless there is very clear official statements about this or that. I have high hopes for Rising Storm and I really want to believe the best but that doesn't mean that I am going to throw my money away instantly just to maybe realize that I've given away my money and supported something I don't enjoy.

And no, I don't know if this is the genre I wanted. I don't know if completely irrelevant stuff such as MkB is still present, or if 'leaving combat area' message is still there, if the console command radial is still there, if the maps are as streamlined (dumbed down) as before. What I do know for sure is that the game is going to have rubbish such as unlocks, XP and perks. The interesting part is how everything else works and whenever I am forced to play the game like a mix between RO and CoD.

Upvote 0
I've had the pleasure of testing it and it just hit me, if they have a free RS weekend/week, they'll have people lining up to pay good money for it. and i'm not talking ten or twenty bucks. i'd gladly pay the same i paid for ro2 dde pre-launch. what was that? fourty or fifty bucks? alot is going to come down to the state of the RO2 playerbase at the time. if no one's playing ro2 at the time, it's gonna scare some people away. these games are kinda joined at the hip, like it or not.
good news is, i don't really see ro2 dying anymore after the goty patch. too many happy people.:D

I really like this idea.
They should do a Free Weekend Launch (launch the game for free from Thursday through Sunday and then after this period name a price), people would get to experience the game first and then buy it if they like!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I don't get is how come COD and BF3 can get away with charging for 4 maps. But TWI can't get away with charging (WHO KNOWS THE PRICE) anything for a whole stand alone game.

Not trying to turn this into flaming...just asking a question really. Take it with some salt please

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I don't get is how come COD and BF3 can get away with charging for 4 maps. But TWI can't get away with charging (WHO KNOWS THE PRICE) anything for a whole stand alone game.

Because TWI's target audience consists mostly of intelligent adults.
;)

EA and Activision may get away with their audience but they will never see the color of my money!

Last edited:
Upvote 0