• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RE4 Merchant for Trader Mod

Slappy Cromwell

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Greetings, Tripwire Forums! I have come bearing yet another Killing Floor modification! Tell me, do you like the game Killing Floor? Do you like the game Resident Evil 4? Do you heavily dislike the Trader? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this mod is for you!

With the invaluable assistance of one Half-Dead, we have put together a pack that replaces the Trader with everyone's beloved Resident Evil 4 Merchant. Full model, texture, sound, and portrait replacements are included. Download this mod today and you'll be buyin' and sellin' in style, stranger!

And, for the nth time, there are no mutators required! This mod is fully client-side and works on-line! Just install the pack and you're done! You're free to play in your favorite servers, even perks enabled, using this mod without need worrying of whitelists or greylists or package mismatch errors or anything!

All credit for the actual model porting and importing goes to Half-Dead.

Note: Due to the nature of this mod, it may be necessary to redownload an updated version after major Killing Floor patches. Simply check back on this thread shortly after any new KF patches for an updated download link.

UPDATE 10/24/13
The LITE version is currently up to date! No model! Sorry!

Download MerchantTrader1_26LITE.rar (14.33mb) (LITE does not include the custom model)

Preview Media

Killing Floor - RE4 Merchant for Trader Mod - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: Meatwadjenkins
Now RE zeds please?
A project of that magnitude is beyond my capabilities (as well as my knowledge of the Resident Evil series) and would almost definitely require a mutator.

Let's just hope you never have to verify your files and lose every mod that you have implemented in this way.
That's the uninstallation method for the lazy people who don't want to make backups. Check the readme!

A mutator is a must for this sort of thing.
You or anyone else is more than welcome to use this content to create a server-side mutator of this modification. However, I don't envy that individual's task, especially when you take a look at the code and find out that the "Trader" actually is (or, more accurately, isn't). I also know for a fact that a non-whitelisted mutator is virtually worthless to the vast, vast majority of players. I made this mod to fulfill an age-old request that has been brought up many a time in the community (this being one of the oldest, this being the one I directly answered), and I wanted to deliver the package in a way that would be of actual use here and now.

Upvote 0
But... the l4d zombies thing... you made... that is kinda what you could do for RE monsters :eek:

That would be hard to reskin. He can only add skintight looking clothes and stuff like that. Models won't work, not clientside.
If you are that big of a RE fan you can make a small Hunter shrine, record about 3 hours of you worshiping it and you might get access to his godlike RE story map w/ RE zeds.

Upvote 0
That would be hard to reskin. He can only add skintight looking clothes and stuff like that. Models won't work, not clientside.
If you are that big of a RE fan you can make a small Hunter shrine, record about 3 hours of you worshiping it and you might get access to his godlike RE story map w/ RE zeds.

lol

Upvote 0
You or anyone else is more than welcome to use this content to create a server-side mutator of this modification. However, I don't envy that individual's task, especially when you take a look at the code and find out that the "Trader" actually is (or, more accurately, isn't). I also know for a fact that a non-whitelisted mutator is virtually worthless to the vast, vast majority of players. I made this mod to fulfill an age-old request that has been brought up many a time in the community (this being one of the oldest, this being the one I directly answered), and I wanted to deliver the package in a way that would be of actual use here and now.
Please don't get me wrong, im not slatering your work as what you've done is pretty damn cool I admit. Im just worried on the security side which im suprised TWI hasn't pulled up yet. This was only my opinion that I have wrote here and nothing to be pulled up against you personally.

Upvote 0
I'd be honest with you, I am in contact with Hunter for quite a time and he's actualy a nice guy, and he might release the RE mod even, and not only that, and he even proposed his help with weapon I'm gettin to work in KF, but he isnt on very often... and what I mean isn't full conversion like Hunter did but simple reskins actualy so no white-list issues...

Upvote 0
I'd be honest with you, I am in contact with Hunter for quite a time and he's actualy a nice guy, and he might release the RE mod even, and not only that, and he even proposed his help with weapon I'm gettin to work in KF, but he isnt on very often... and what I mean isn't full conversion like Hunter did but simple reskins actualy so no white-list issues...

He might be a nice guy, but the "experiment" thing was...not to mention I was the biggest fan of the rotting mod.

Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

Upvote 0
He might be a nice guy, but the "experiment" thing was...not to mention I was the biggest fan of the rotting mod.

Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

TO be honest I hated him for that "experiment" thing until I spoke to him. His "experiment" actualy proved his point and I don't blame him. He wanted basicaly see if community is full of people like Smiffs, or nice, understanding people. He wanted say what he thinks, and that's why he made another accounts. People hated him for his thoughts and in result, he understood people want him to just make mods and shut up because people disagree with him and hate him for his believes. This "test" was being himself and seeing if people accept him, and since they didn't, he came to conclusion you don't deserve his mods, because he makes them for people expecting being appreciated and accepted for who he is, not for what he contributes. But that's not important now, he's banned and he can't even release anymore, but after talking to him and explaining him how it really is, that those who scream loudest are mostly trolls and they are just less than 10% of community, and that those who remain quiet are those who care the most (that is the truth imo at least, and he seemed to agree with me).
Okay, we went offtopic a bit...

So Back on topic
If I had materials of the zeds + sound files (original ones of zeds) I'd work on making the reskins and new sounds for them to be RE, I actually did that for l4d2 so I'd have lots of stuff already done ;)

Upvote 0
TO be honest I hated him for that "experiment" thing until I spoke to him. His "experiment" actualy proved his point and I don't blame him. He wanted basicaly see if community is full of people like Smiffs, or nice, understanding people. He wanted say what he thinks, and that's why he made another accounts. People hated him for his thoughts and in result, he understood people want him to just make mods and shut up because people disagree with him and hate him for his believes. This "test" was being himself and seeing if people accept him, and since they didn't, he came to conclusion you don't deserve his mods, because he makes them for people expecting being appreciated and accepted for who he is, not for what he contributes. But that's not important now, he's banned and he can't even release anymore, but after talking to him and explaining him how it really is, that those who scream loudest are mostly trolls and they are just less than 10% of community, and that those who remain quiet are those who care the most (that is the truth imo at least, and he seemed to agree with me).
Okay, we went offtopic a bit...

So Back on topic
If I had materials of the zeds + sound files (original ones of zeds) I'd work on making the reskins and new sounds for them to be RE, I actually did that for l4d2 so I'd have lots of stuff already done ;)

exactly what point did he prove? that he is a d**k and needs to get over his ego.
My vehicle mod has been downloaded 13,000 times but I don't sit there and expect all 13.000 people to email me and tell me that I am god like and deserve a medal.
I probably know about 5 of them and that's all i need. As long as the rest enjoy the mod, I don't care if they like ME or not, that isn't the point of modding.

Anyway back on topic and so sorry this has become yet another thread dedicated to the c**k that is Hunter....

Slappy, on this mod, I can understand why you did it this way, lol after fruitless attempts at making a trader replacement mod, I think this is the only way forward, although I'll bet Marco could do it blindfolded, hands tied behind his back and asleep at the time. :)

Upvote 0