• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer Jan Issue Cover: "Why RO2 will beat CoD:BlOps"

There is indeed a question of quality versus quantity in the case between CoD:BO and RO2. Plainly put, there is no possible way that a PC game will out sell a game that came out on both PC and console. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel! RO2 strives to be the most realistic WW2 shooter ever created. This revolutionary idea combined with a vast support/ modder community will culminate in a game that will last for years and years.
Here endth the lesson :IS2:

Upvote 0
Well then, I guess I won't find out what it says in the magazine for a while, but judging from the reactions so far it still seems like Tripwire is one of the last real game developers out there, well deserving my money (in triplicate, everyone should by this for their friends as well, even if they dont play it;) ).

Keep it up Tripwire! Show those big character-less corporations how to make a game with soul and reap the rewards of a satisfied fanbase!

Upvote 0
... RO2 strives to be the most realistic WW2 shooter ever created....

This might be the case only if you put emphasis on WW2 part, but I doubt it will be most realistic FPS ever created('realism' is subject of relativity to different aspects of the game - gameplay, graphics, sounds, etc.).

I had to clarify this because the way you mentioned it could be misleading for some ArmA2 freaks :)

It will, however, be most detailed FPS ever created.

Upvote 0
I'd rather have a realistic loadout than an even matchup. I'm sure there will be a fair contrast of benefits and weaknesses between the Pz3J and the T-70. The T-70 has 10mm more armor than the Pz3 on the front for example. The T-70 is a little faster. The Pz3 will probably have better optics, better shells, 50mm rear armor etc.

But the T70 will only have 2 crew members, so you can have twice as many tanks.

Reactions: Tank!
Upvote 0
Think of the military budget before thinking up outragious ideas. :mad::)

I have 2 questions....

Why not use a T60? Or something else more comparable to a P3?

What in the :IS2: is a UC? Is it an armored vehicle or truck?

I imagine if it was a truck, it wouldn't have the same armor and MG as a German HT, HOWEVAHZ! The driver of the truck would think twice before putting it in harms way, and try to park it somewhere near combat but not steamroll right into enemy fire thinking he's in an IS2.

Upvote 0
What in the :IS2: is a UC? Is it an armored vehicle or truck?

A Universal Carrier, they were given to the Soviets as part of the Lend-Lease Act.

351cqbd.jpg

Reactions: Nicholas and Tank!
Upvote 0
I just read the article. It was worth it just for the tank cut-away image.

Few gripes I have. The article didn't mention Black Ops, much less how RO2 will "beat it." I blame the magazine editor for that, as they tend to come up with the titles on the cover.

Secondly, I'm scratching my head why the splash page with the sniper made a clean circular crop on the what was a 3D scope, to make it look exactly like a 2D sprite. I blame the layout artist for that.

Also, I wish it were longer...like half the magazine. Otherwise, good article.

Upvote 0
The T-70 has 10mm more armor than the Pz3 on the front for example.
Only the turret mantlet on the t70 is 60 mm. Everything else is mid 30 mm's or lower.

The T-70 basically is an up-gunned T60, featuring a 45mm cannon instead of the T-60's 20mm.
Despite that, the t70 is still not compareable to a PanzerIIIJ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A Universal Carrier, they were given to the Soviets as part of the Lend-Lease Act.

351cqbd.jpg

Oh yeah form RO1, I thought they weren't common though? Or am I wrong? I know most trucks were America. I honestly would like a truck for the reasons mentioned, but this will suffice.

But the T-60 is even less comparable than the T-70. :rolleyes:

So what Russian tank IS the most comparable to the P3?

Upvote 0
So what Russian tank IS the most comparable to the P3?

The earlier T-34 is the most comparable thing - strange as that may seem. (afaik) The other Russian armour was either much heavier or much lighter by comparison.

Russian armour just didn't develop in the same way as the German stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0