• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

And another tactical gaming franchise down the drain...:mad:

EDIT: on a sidenote, there is just a new faction video out for Armed Assault 2, concentrating on the CDF, basically an old soviet army. If you look at the video, i cant help but think that this really is what OFP2 should have been, the OFP mood is just there, and it looks absolutely awesome.
But then again, ArmA2 always was meant to be OFP2, untill Codemasters stepped in wanting a new cashcow to milk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh wow, now Clive Lindop who calls himself a veteran from the OFP team(which he was never a part of) said that one of their big focuses is multiplayer coop, you can play any coop mission together with 3 mates(in SP those are AI). I mean seriously, if I remember correctly(i didnt play ofp much in mp) even in the old OFP there were many more slots available, also is this L4D or what?

@hockeywarrior. I thought exactly the same, this looks like one of those 'bad looking, yet runs bad as well' games.

Upvote 0
I think ArmA 2 is gonna suck as much as ArmA 1 did, because for now it seems that is gonna be basically the same game
Yep, that's what I'm thinking aswell. From what i gather so far, both are not going to be what I was hoping for.
But then again, ArmA2 always was meant to be OFP2, untill Codemasters stepped in wanting a new cashcow to milk.
While BIS, desperate for money I guess, decided to release a half assed, half finished game and piss off half the fanbase of the original one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was just reading on a PS3 site that OF2 is supposed to be released on consoles this summer. I hope we get the game before or at least the same time as those machines.

I hope the opposite, releasing PC and Console versions at the same time would be hard to do, and we all know what that translates to.. cut corners, and a subpar port-job of the PC version (think bad optimization, video options done with only a few sliders, UI hardly changed from Console version, and controls probably identical).

If OFP2-PC is to stand any chance, i think we'd have accept it will take longer to get out the door than the Console versions.

But in truth, i hold out little hope for this one beeing a worthy succesor to OFP, i think it'll be a huge slap in the face of OFP fans, and i'll poop out little green piggies if they proove me wrong.

Upvote 0
800x600_prop.jpg

800x600_prop.jpg

Upvote 0
After reading this little line in yesterdays IGN preview I wonder how good it might be:

"The designers were kind enough to let me take the 360 gamepad and try it out for myself. (Rest assured, it's coming to the PC, as well as the PS3)."

So does this mean they are porting it to PC and PS3?

Can someone tell me how the editor works exactly? Sounds very interesting to me. Can we make custom maps for online play or just custom single player missions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This too from IGN: "For fans that absolutely loved the hardcore nature of the first game, then yes, I'm told there's a difficulty mode where one bullet can indeed ruin your life. Of course, that kind of thing isn't exactly conducive to mass appeal, so there's going to be a more forgiving mode. With that said, there are no health packs."

That is worrying though, i smell a *god forbid* health bar coming on :mad:
This is sounding more and more like Battlefield...

Upvote 0
This too from IGN: "For fans that absolutely loved the hardcore nature of the first game, then yes, I'm told there's a difficulty mode where one bullet can indeed ruin your life. Of course, that kind of thing isn't exactly conducive to mass appeal, so there's going to be a more forgiving mode. With that said, there are no health packs."

That is worrying though, i smell a *god forbid* health bar coming on :mad:
This is sounding more and more like Battlefield...

They should keep the health bar away from this game, but I can see why they have the various difficulty modes since they need to make money on the game.
Hardcore mofo's like us will play the hardest setting though:D

Upvote 0