• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

Seriously, the grass looks nothing like voxel grass, that's just a complete exaggeration. That said it doesn't look as good as grass in most games these days, but hey I'd personally rather take a hit in visual grass quality and have the game run well, unlike ArmA which both managed to look outdated and run like arse.

I'll reserve judgement until after I've played the demo.

voxzv1.jpg

It may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it really does look very similar. They just put a texture on the pixels for OFP2. :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Lots of talking about graphics, but they still havent sorted out their movement system. Also, if you pay attention you see the player rushing into bushes and shooting someone, but it looks totally ridiculous, especially with the amount of weapon bobbing and still managing to hit something.
The way it looks is that the bullet isnt coming out of the weapon but out of something else with much more stability.

Upvote 0
LOL I meant awful of course, sorry.

I watched that trailer again and really had to laugh. Why in gods name did they name this 'techdemo'? Seriously, this is looking SO bad graphics-wise and the animations look so outdated as well. By all respect, even BF2+mods is looking better than what can be seen in this video. Of course one can still say nothing about the gameplay, although I found it unfitting that in a short ingame scene you could obviously see that the player was being controlled by a 360 controller and a poster explaining the controller controls hanging on the back in the studio. If the 360-limitations(and from what I remember they said all versions are going to be the same) keep this game from actually looking good, then that would be really stupid. So to be honest it wouldn't matter to ME if it ran well, if it looks like this, because outward appearance is an important factor as well. I'm speaking with anger as you can see.

On the positive the mission editor is looking good and I like the 'simplified' command system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not be a cynic here, but I predict this game having very bad performance issues. I can't really put my finger on exactly why that is, but I'm convinced. I think it will play more like a port of a console game than anything else. Everything in the game (so far) looks watered down for those systems, and it's disappointing to know that all versions are going to be the same.

For a game that is supposedly cutting edge, and is hyped up as much as this one is, it really should have nicer graphics than it does now. Graphics don't make a game, but they do show the level of polish and care that is being put into the game. So far I am definitely not impressed.

Upvote 0