• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

DietOrange

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2008
I have been waiting on this one ever since it was shown a while back. They are supposed to have the PC version better, but only time will tell on that note.

Dillinger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2006
Baltimore, MD
L. O. L.

Even the extreme contrast they add to all the screenshots can't save them from looking like ***! Seriously, is this game using a software renderer from 1997? The grass looks like they're using that Voxel engine from Delta Force! :D
I think this game is going to be one hilarious f*** up when it's released, because I've yet to seen anything to prove otherwise! :eek:

Last edited:

DraKon2k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Well I think the grass is 'ok', but it's just kinda hilarious if you compare it to the original 'target shots', because it's looking no way like that. Anyways, next friday there'll be a bit of a media blow-out, then we'll know/see more!

Ralfst3r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Netherlands
Supposedly, they are releasing some 'major' news/update coming friday. So we'll see. Still a bit sceptic about this title, but I do hope it will be awesome though.

Edit:

Ok didn't see your last post.

Last edited:

Dillinger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2006
Baltimore, MD
Oh graphics whores, you never cease to amaze me. :rolleyes:
I don't think anyone's really being a graphic whore. The problem is for over a year they released all of this computer rendered bull**** "screenshots" that looked amazing. Now that actual gameplay screenshots are being released it doesn't even come close to what the older shots looked like.

Now, if they had called the earlier renders as just renders, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but they kept touting them as in-game shots or screenshots using in-game models. I just find it hilarious.

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006

Looks a bit swashy OK, does have a certain charm tho !

Whens the demo being released ?

Uurastaja

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 20, 2008
Finntart
What's with all the messy stuff like high contrast, blur, bloom and depth of field? Oh yes, it's a multiplatform title made with consoles conditions. Who would've guessed it's made by Codemasters...

If the gameplay really is worth their hype (graphical content certainly isn't), I would understand the loss in visual experience.

Ralfst3r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Netherlands
The 'screens' look super grainy, I wonder if they are true ingame shots. Maybe they added like some photoshop filters over them, not that anyone in their right mind would do that but ok :)

Reddog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
L. O. L.

Even the extreme contrast they add to all the screenshots can't save them from looking like ***! Seriously, is this game using a software renderer from 1997? The grass looks like they're using that Voxel engine from Delta Force! :D
I think this game is going to be one hilarious f*** up when it's released, because I've yet to seen anything to prove otherwise! :eek:
Seriously, the grass looks nothing like voxel grass, that's just a complete exaggeration. That said it doesn't look as good as grass in most games these days, but hey I'd personally rather take a hit in visual grass quality and have the game run well, unlike ArmA which both managed to look outdated and run like arse.

I'll reserve judgement until after I've played the demo.

Last edited:

smokeythebear

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
Those pics aren't quite filter raped, but they have definitely been filter molested. Look at the grain/contrast/exposure lol. Not what I was expecting at all.

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
Seriously, the grass looks nothing like voxel grass, that's just a complete exaggeration.
I'd say not "complete" :D

On the whole the game looks pretty "pixelated", dunno why. ArmA 2 is definitely looking better. I hope OFP2 has some neat realism/gameplay stuff to show on friday.

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
So people actually expected Codemasters to come through on the graphics thing, making it look just like the renders? I expected this would happen.
They had better focus on the gameplay instead then, and make it a worthy follow-up.
But so far, this is 1 promise broken already.

DraKon2k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Like I said, those are just 8 very early screenshots of which appears to be pretty much the same 'scneario' as shown on last years GC, meaning they're probably half a year old alreadywhereas for ArmA we've seen dozens of screenshots and ingame videos already, so I'd rather wait at least till friday when there's supposed to be some kind of a media blowout.

Last edited: