• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

New screenshots and new video here or: YouTube - OFP2 Ground Battle Trailer

I'm not going to say anything about gameplay because all I got out of the trailer about gameplay was that it all looks kind of bf2-like.

But what really disappointed me once again are the graphics. I downloaded the trailer in HD and watched it again and it became even more obvious how outdated the graphics are and especcially SO FAR away from those target shots. ArmA2 won already in terms of graphical quality. Because even if I might have to lower the settings a bit on ArmA2(as in not play everything on ultra high and full AA), it would probably still look better and I'd rather sacrifice some FPS than play a game that looks like it came out 3 years ago and plays like BF(not saying it does) when there are better alternatives. I also dislike the overall graphics style, it's kinda brownish/bloomish and just looks meh in my eyes, especcially when compared to the distinct eastern europe look of ArmA2. In fact you can even see how the grass is blanked out only after maybe 20m.

I'm not a person that bashes consoles because I own a PS3 myself but I bet they had to lower their sights on graphics because of console restrictions. And that's a shame for a big brand like OFP. I'll still give it a fair chance but currently I am not looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New screenshots and new video here or: YouTube - OFP2 Ground Battle Trailer

I'm not going to say anything about gameplay because all I got out of the trailer about gameplay was that it all looks kind of bf2-like.

But what really disappointed me once again are the graphics. I downloaded the trailer in HD and watched it again and it became even more obvious how outdated the graphics are and especcially SO FAR away from those target shots. ArmA2 won already in terms of graphical quality. Because even if I might have to lower the settings a bit on ArmA2(as in not play everything on ultra high and full AA), it would probably still look better and I'd rather sacrifice some FPS than play a game that looks like it came out 3 years ago and plays like BF(not saying it does) when there are better alternatives. I also dislike the overall graphics style, it's kinda brownish/bloomish and just looks meh in my eyes, especcially when compared to the distinct eastern europe look of ArmA2. In fact you can even see how the grass is blanked out only after maybe 20m.

I'm not a person that bashes consoles because I own a PS3 myself but I bet they had to lower their sights on graphics because of console restrictions. And that's a shame for a big brand like OFP. I'll still give it a fair chance but currently I am not looking forward to it.

Graphics whore. The Graphics look pretty damn good to me. Why do people keep shouting "Outdated!" if they're not at Crysis levels? It's retarded. They look good, accomplish the feel desired by the developers and players of the game, isn't that enough? I don't plan to play this game though, didn't really like the first one, so yeh. I'm just saying, sick of Graphics whores.

Like someone who recently told me HL2 EP2's Graphics sucked total *** and he could not play the game because of them, I wanted to bash his spoiled graphics whore face in. I still play games from 2003+ all the time. Damn whores.

Upvote 0
Graphics whore. The Graphics look pretty damn good to me. Why do people keep shouting "Outdated!" if they're not at Crysis levels? It's retarded. They look good, accomplish the feel desired by the developers and players of the game, isn't that enough? I don't plan to play this game though, didn't really like the first one, so yeh. I'm just saying, sick of Graphics whores.

Like someone who recently told me HL2 EP2's Graphics sucked total *** and he could not play the game because of them, I wanted to bash his spoiled graphics whore face in. I still play games from 2003+ all the time. Damn whores.
Because they're not 'not Crysis' but look like Battefield 2. Why is it important? Because OFP is not the only game in it's genre and the competitors, mainly ArmA2 or if it's really becoming more arcade Battlefield Bad Company 2 as well, looks worlds better and at the moment I can not see what else OFP2 offers making it special, and what the others do not.

Upvote 0
That trailer is meh.
I can't get over the arcadish feel it gives me, how there is no free-aiming and the gun is stuck in to place. It looks so disappointing.
It doesnt feel like OFP at all.

And though i'm not big on graphics at all since i still play old games like the original Rainbow Six and stuff like that, but they did promise something better then this.
"These are renders but the endgame will look exactly like this!11!" - and then you have this.

Then look at this: this just breathes OFP.
military_01.jpg

nature_02.jpg

nature_01.jpg

It feels real, and it has that distinct atmosphere OFP possessed.
And of ArmA2 we at least know what the game will be like: Just like OFP.
That's what a sequel should be.

Upvote 0
and the horrible performance/pathfinding/unintuitive movements are gonna be the same too ;)

That remains to be seen :p
A lot of previews so far have spoken of a good performance, Tiscali being the only one who disagrees.
Pathfinding is something they have worked on but no-one is able to tell how that has developed so far, so maybe.
And uintuitive movements? Just a matter of getting to know the game imo, i at least have no problems with it what so ever because i got used to it.

Upvote 0
That remains to be seen :p
A lot of previews so far have spoken of a good performance, Tiscali being the only one who disagrees.
Pathfinding is something they have worked on but no-one is able to tell how that has developed so far, so maybe.
And uintuitive movements? Just a matter of getting to know the game imo, i at least have no problems with it what so ever because i got used to it.

at least that video showing the tanks looked like it won't have a good performance, is not released yet so my words are still just words, but to me it looks like it wont change much from the other versions

Upvote 0

I found this a very uninspiring trailer, badly put together and containing little atmosphere and excitement. Unfortunately, it also give little suggestion of what the actual OFP2 experience is going to be like, so sceptcs will rightly continue to express concerns with it.
But I was somewhat cheered up by the Benny Hill monment @ 0:50

Upvote 0
at least that video showing the tanks looked like it won't have a good performance, is not released yet so my words are still just words, but to me it looks like it wont change much from the other versions

Yeah, I thought it was suspicious that the view distance on the aircraft video was about 1k.

Not sure, but those videos might have been filmed with the X360 version due to the button icons shown in the video.

Upvote 0