• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ogledow

Well I have put version B8 on our test and main server, though it's not currently in rotation on the main server yet until I work out the answer to this question.

Anyone know?

I don't know the answer to your question about enabling/disabling per map on the server.

I have given this issue some thought and have concluded that I would rather have the map played and tested by as many people as possible, so go ahead and run it infantry only if that is your current server setting. Everyone who gets the map can still also play it on tank-enabled servers too.

Upvote 0
Well I have put version B8 on our test and main server, though it's not currently in rotation on the main server yet until I work out the answer to this question.

Anyone know?

Offtopic question a little bit but, Gleedo I was wondering how did you setup your test dedicated server? Can you do it on your own computer? I'd like to try this for my map to be sure everything works fine

Upvote 0
I downloaded the last version (B8) via the redirect of a server and now I can't find it anywhere. Can I just copy the new files where they belong, or do I need to find the B8 files?

already used windows search, and used ogledow as search term - no joy....

We are now on version 9 -- links are in the first post in this thread. Delete any older versions and install B9.

If you got it via redirect, just delete the ones in your ROGame/Cache folder.

Upvote 0
We are now on version 9 -- links are in the first post in this thread. Delete any older versions and install B9.

If you got it via redirect, just delete the ones in your ROGame/Cache folder.

thx

for the ones that can't find the cache folder (I also had to look for it):
I found the Cache folder under: my documents->my games-> red orchestra2 -> ROGame

Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
I installed the B9 files on my server, but the server crashed during map change. This is taken from the log:
Code:
[0070.30] Log: Server switch level: TE-Ogledow_B9?minplayers=10?maxplayers=30?game=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
[0070.30] Log: URL: Adding default option Name=Player
[0070.30] Log: URL: Adding default option Team=255
[0070.31] Log: LoadMap: TE-Ogledow_B9?minplayers=10?maxplayers=30?game=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories?Name=Player?Team=255
[0070.48] Exit: TcpNetDriver_0 shut down
[0070.86] Critical: appError called: Invalid number of texture coordinates
[0070.86] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)
[0080.30] Log: === Critical error: ===
Invalid number of texture coordinates

I will upload the files a second time and see if it happens again.

Upvote 0
I installed the B9 files on my server, but the server crashed during map change. This is taken from the log:
Code:
[0070.30] Log: Server switch level: TE-Ogledow_B9?minplayers=10?maxplayers=30?game=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
[0070.30] Log: URL: Adding default option Name=Player
[0070.30] Log: URL: Adding default option Team=255
[0070.31] Log: LoadMap: TE-Ogledow_B9?minplayers=10?maxplayers=30?game=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories?Name=Player?Team=255
[0070.48] Exit: TcpNetDriver_0 shut down
[0070.86] Critical: appError called: Invalid number of texture coordinates
[0070.86] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)
[0080.30] Log: === Critical error: ===
Invalid number of texture coordinates
I will upload the files a second time and see if it happens again.

Guess one of the files got damaged during upload to the server. It's running fine now after I uploaded them a second time.

Upvote 0
Didn't Six_Ten already fixed the missing texture in the ruins on the hill?
Atleast I remember to have read something like this in one of the changelogs.

Because it's back...or gone, depending on your point of view :)

That staircase on the hill has something wrong with it. I fix that texture then next time I build it reverts to the default. It is BSP, the rest of the buildings including the ruins are static meshes I built. Don't know why it does that, but as soon as I figure out how to make stairs that you can use in mesh I'll replace it.

Nestor I have no idea why your meshes are culling like that. Did you delete all previous Ogledow files before installing B9?

//////////////////////////////

By the way,

I just got this notice thanks to the popularity of Ogledow:

Hi ,

This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Your Dropbox will continue to function normally with the exception of Public links.

This suspension is temporary (3 days for the first time).

Last edited:
Reactions: Extension7
Upvote 0