• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ogledow

I just want to ask: is the graphic quality of the map at beta stage? cause I'm scared if UE3 could only gives us these results in terms of quality :(

Why are you scared, do you need graphic quality to shoot the enemy..i don't.
Gameplay is more important than graphics
Six-Ten concentrated on getting the gameplay as best he could by asking peoples opinions throughout the beta process,and implementing what he thought were the best ideas, he fixed quite a few graphic bugs as well, and considering he had to work with an old map with old graphics he done a damn fine job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kugyi and Six_Ten
Upvote 0
Why are you scared, do you need graphic quality to shoot the enemy..i don't.
Gameplay is more important than graphics
Six-Ten concentrated on getting the gameplay as best he could by asking peoples opinions throughout the beta process,and implementing what he thought were the best ideas, he fixed quite a few graphic bugs as well, and considering he had to work with an old map with old graphics he done a damn fine job.

what a good community we have achieved :(.......good graphic add immersion to the game.....and in RO i search for immersion more than kills, I was just asking if graphic was still to be polished knowing the potentiality of UE3.......

Upvote 0
UE3 is not limited by the graphics is excellent for ballistic over from the lack of destructible scenery mainly due to relatively large resources it requires. Have maps with good gameplay compensates for these problems. You need a relatively powerful PC to put all the graphics video up. All the world can not afford to have a powerful pc last generation.

Download Ogledow_B9
http://www.rofrance.com/news/lire/413/-maj---Custom-Map--TE-Ogledow-beta-9/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For some reason during Ogledow just a moment ago, it filled up our server logs with 100mb of this:
Code:
[122116.56] Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::SyncActorToRBPhysics(): no PhysicsAssetInstance for RODroppedPickup TE-Ogledow_B9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.RODroppedPickup_88093 with skeletalmesh: SkeletalMesh WP_3rd_Master.Mesh.HHL_3_3rd_Master
[122116.61] Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::SyncActorToRBPhysics(): no PhysicsAssetInstance for RODroppedPickup TE-Ogledow_B9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.RODroppedPickup_88091 with skeletalmesh: SkeletalMesh WP_3rd_Master.Mesh.PTRS_3rd_Master
[122116.61] Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::SyncActorToRBPhysics(): no PhysicsAssetInstance for RODroppedPickup TE-Ogledow_B9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.RODroppedPickup_88092 with skeletalmesh: SkeletalMesh WP_3rd_Master.Mesh.P38_3rd_Master
[122116.61] Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::SyncActorToRBPhysics(): no PhysicsAssetInstance for RODroppedPickup TE-Ogledow_B9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.RODroppedPickup_88093 with skeletalmesh: SkeletalMesh WP_3rd_Master.Mesh.HHL_3_3rd_Master
[122116.66] Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::SyncActorToRBPhysics(): no PhysicsAssetInstance for RODroppedPickup TE-Ogledow_B9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.RODroppedPickup_88091 with skeletalmesh: SkeletalMesh WP_3rd_Master.Mesh.PTRS_3rd_Master

And then crashed the server.

Upvote 0
I noticed that I can drive into almost all houses with a tank. If your tank is running on full speed and you hit the wall, then you will end up inside the house. It also works with the castle up the hill. If you hit it from the side with full speed, then your tank will end up inside the room with those stairs.

I tried this with and without my mutator and in both cases the result was the same.

For the rest I can only say that it's still my favorite map :)

Upvote 0
I noticed that I can drive into almost all houses with a tank. If your tank is running on full speed and you hit the wall, then you will end up inside the house. It also works with the castle up the hill. If you hit it from the side with full speed, then your tank will end up inside the room with those stairs.

We saw that too last night.

Upvote 0
Hi, great map. Just one thing that really bothers me:

there is only 1 spawn point for the Germans and spawn at squad leader doesn't seem to work. So, each time I have to run all the way to the other villages.

Don't know if it has to do with the map or the server I played on.

cheers

This is a map creator choice. So its basically the map that prevents you from spawning at SL. Also he havent made additional spawn points.
Why? its probably just his style of gameplay (and mine) :)

Upvote 0
That's the way it should be.
Once TWI release the troop carriers you won't have to walk.

So this is planned to happen? I'd really appreciate troop carriers but I also like to have the opportunity to spawn on my squad leader since I'm frequently playing with a friend I don't want to lose for a longer period when either of us dies.

Upvote 0
So this is planned to happen? I'd really appreciate troop carriers but I also like to have the opportunity to spawn on my squad leader since I'm frequently playing with a friend I don't want to lose for a longer period when either of us dies.

Don't let your friend get killed, and if you do, communicate so you know where to meet up, warn each other of enemy between where you are and where he is.

Upvote 0