• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Perk "BruteGunner" aka Heavy Gunner

Got me puzzled on this one :confused: Sounds like you have everything setup correctly.. OO Maybe the download is bad? Try re-downloading it and see if that might help :confused:
I still get the same error,i have all the others you made and they work great.Brutegunner is the only one not working,so maybe its something on your end then.But anyways i love the perks you made,there just as good as our perks in the WPC deadspace mod,and that's saying something

Upvote 0
I still get the same error,i have all the others you made and they work great.Brutegunner is the only one not working,so maybe its something on your end then.But anyways i love the perks you made,there just as good as our perks in the WPC deadspace mod,and that's saying something

Thank you very much :D Glad you like and enjoy the perks :D

Can you get the log file or the part of the log file that should show when the brute perk and the brute weapons are failing to load? Get so much in front of the error and so much of the log file after it. That way I should be able to tell where or why the error is happening and why the perk and weapons are not loading :) It may be a simple miss place of a file. Which i may have done, so you may want to check to make sure animation files are in the animation folder and such. But everything should hopefully be in it's correct spot. Brute V111 has been downloaded pretty heavy, so everything should be correct I hope. But, as with any file they can become corrupt at any time. Which is rare but it happens. I may need to upload another copy of V111 up to the server.

I do plan on releasing what I am calling a perk pack :) It will have updates and fixes to all the perks I have released. Well, fixes and balancing.. or well balancing for my servers, my perks are a weeee OP for normal servers and such. Also, there are some weapons that have been removed added and fixed and such, etc. etc. :) I'm actually still working on them, adding weapons and balancing and such, trying to get the perks to where i would call a very close if not a final version of each perk :)

I have four new perks I have created, that I have not released. I'm working on them, making sure everything is working good and smooth before releasing them. Along with balanced for my servers. I'm just trying trying to keep from having 5 to 15 updates for each perk like the first wave of perks I did :D

The current new perks i have created are.
Street Brawler
Terminator
Ninja
CrossbowMan

I'm hoping to create a few more, but I'm running out of game RAM room on my servers :\ so, i'm having to be even more creative, and work with what weapons i have, so i can share the textures and such from the other weapons :) I would love to add new skins and stuff... but, don't have that kind of game memory left to work with :\

Upvote 0

What error do you get? Jees you made a several posts about you have a problem, and absolutely no details about it (log files, mutator list you're running etc). "It just doesn't work". Did you checked a power cord? Maybe your PC doesn't have electrical connection? :D Sorry about this, but I can't resist myself of trolling in such circumstances.

V111 works perfectly out-of-the box. Uzzip, configure ServerPerks.ini and everything should work. So problem is definitely on your side.

Upvote 0
What error do you get? Jees you made a several posts about you have a problem, and absolutely no details about it (log files, mutator list you're running etc). "It just doesn't work". Did you checked a power cord? Maybe your PC doesn't have electrical connection? :D Sorry about this, but I can't resist myself of trolling in such circumstances.

V111 works perfectly out-of-the box. Uzzip, configure ServerPerks.ini and everything should work. So problem is definitely on your side.
Shhh!!!poosh adults are speaking.Yes Guardiannknight as i said it doesn't show up at all,so i have no log fail or anything to show you and i rechecked everything and downloaded multi times and its all there and correct,so you might be right about it being corrupt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shhh!!!poosh adults are speaking.Yes Guardiannknight as i said it doesn't show up at all,so i have no log fail or anything to show you and i rechecked everything and downloaded multi times and its all there and correct,so you might be right about it being corrupt.

It doesn't show up where? Dude, we don't know your settings, can't see log file (even if there isn't anything related to this perk, it would be good to see it anyway), and don't know what mutators you're running. And your whining about "something" doesn't work in the release that was made months ago, and since then it worked perfectly for everyone, who downloaded it, except yourself. We even don't know, are you running standard or modified version of ServerPerks? Damned, maybe you are not using ServerPerks at all and want to see Brute Gunner in your Steam perk list?..

No offence, but you remind me those women, who frequently call our support about our systems aren't working. But the real reason is that mouse batteries must be replaced...

Upvote 0
Hello Guardiannknight,i have a problem,i added Perks=BruteGunnerPerkV111.SRVetBruteGunnerPerk
to my server perks,but it doesn't show up in the perk select.Any idea why?thank you
Next time Poosh,how about searching this thread before opening your mouth about why i am saying it isn't there:DAnd i am using newest serverperks,also the log file has all the perks but BruteGunner and no error message about BruteGunner.
P.S.and yes for the last time i DID check everything before posting again.

Upvote 0
You have really got me stumped on this one... :confused: Maybe try moving the perk to the top of the custom perks in your serverperks ini file? that shouldn't matter... but, this isn't a normal issue ;) Also, maybe use notepad and check to make sure there are no spaces following the Perks=BruteGunnerPerkV111.SRVetBruteGunnerPerk do that by going to the end of the perk name, and hitting your cursor keys. again, i don't see that being the problem... i'm just trying to think of any nitch that might be causing it not to load.

Upvote 0
There are many reasons why it couldn't work, but without any feedback it is hard to find a solution. I think the best answer on feedback "I checked everything, but it doesn't work" would be "You have bad karma. This perk isn't designed for people with bad karma".

Maybe you installed files in wrong directories? E.g. StaticMesh\ instead of StaticMeshes\, BruteGunnerWeap111\System\ instead of System\, or are you using Linux and installed textures/ instead of Textures/ ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You have really got me stumped on this one... :confused: Maybe try moving the perk to the top of the custom perks in your serverperks ini file? that shouldn't matter... but, this isn't a normal issue ;) Also, maybe use notepad and check to make sure there are no spaces following the Perks=BruteGunnerPerkV111.SRVetBruteGunnerPerk do that by going to the end of the perk name, and hitting your cursor keys. again, i don't see that being the problem... i'm just trying to think of any nitch that might be causing it not to load.
Its not a problem Guardianknight,i gave up on it.Ill just wait till you get them all in one pack like you talked about,Thanks for the help anyway;)

Upvote 0
Its not a problem Guardianknight,i gave up on it.Ill just wait till you get them all in one pack like you talked about,Thanks for the help anyway;)

Oh :( Your welcome but i was hoping we could get this figured out :( It will be some time before the pack is released. I may try to get the Brute together sooner and release the final version of it before the pack is released, because its going to be a while on the perk pack :\

Like this weekend, i'm working on setting up a rented server for my main server, since it's out grown the bandwidth i can supply for it here. So, my plans of working on new perks and current ones along with taking free time to organize the files for the pack... is pushed off even more :\ I'll try to get a version 112 out for the Brute soon, and hopefully that will work :)

Upvote 0
Oh :( Your welcome but i was hoping we could get this figured out :( It will be some time before the pack is released. I may try to get the Brute together sooner and release the final version of it before the pack is released, because its going to be a while on the perk pack :\

Like this weekend, i'm working on setting up a rented server for my main server, since it's out grown the bandwidth i can supply for it here. So, my plans of working on new perks and current ones along with taking free time to organize the files for the pack... is pushed off even more :\ I'll try to get a version 112 out for the Brute soon, and hopefully that will work :)
Good thing we figured it all out,all this time and it was the KFL Mod messing with the perk,thanks again GK

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello,

I use on my server :

- ScrnBalanceSrv-v5-19-03
- SentryTechPerkandWeapV111
- BruteGunnerPerkandWeapV111

I post this message to indicate a problem with the class to Brutegunner, from level 8 or 9, if I remember myself well, we do not see any more the next evolutions, it seems that the power does not evolve any more, nor the percentage of bullets in more by chargers, we notice that the reduction on the weapons of the class improves in every landing until weapons cost you nothing more and what the seller gives you some money when you take a weapon of the class, for example at the level 11 you can take the patriarch gun and m41 and we offer you on approximately 1600 by weapons. Although presenting, this bug is annoying, I shall like continuing has to win of the power and ammunitions rather than to stagnate in my power level (even if weapons are offered).

Our server goes up to the perk 30 !

Thank you very much for your answer

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Misery01
You should use scrn-compatible version of Brute Gunner with ScrN Balance.

There are 3 versions of it:
  1. Original. All stats are the same as in original ServerPerks version. Only made compatible to scrn features, such as custom weapons support.
  2. Nerfed. A lot more balanced perk. Guns' stats remained the same.
  3. Perk'n'Weapons Balanced Edition. My favorite one, which I'm running on my servers too. Reworked both perk and weapon stats, fixed some bugs (e.g. nade buying for M41).

Upvote 0
OK. So I ran into a problem that took me about 2 hours to track down and fix, so I thought I'd document it. Nobody else seems to have mentioned this issue. Maybe it's server specific (Linux Servers only, maybe?).

In any case, I installed the Brutegunner to my server. There was a "Server Refused to send: XXXXXX" error that kept popping up. In this case it was over the Patgun.

No matter what I tried, the Patgun would not DL from the http redirect. It was present as a uz2 file and as a ukx file on the main server.

Finally, i fixed it.

I renamed the file from "PatGun.ukx" & "PatGun.ukx.uz2" to "Patgun.ukx" & "Patgun.ukx.uz2". (IMPROPER CAPS) This solved the problem and i was able to download the rest of the packages with no problem.

Hopefully this will save someone else the time i just spent figuring this out.

(Any idea why this was an issue for me, but it seems like most people were able to use the packages without doing the rename? Just curious...)

Upvote 0
@Misery01
You should use scrn-compatible version of Brute Gunner with ScrN Balance.

There are 3 versions of it:
  1. Original. All stats are the same as in original ServerPerks version. Only made compatible to scrn features, such as custom weapons support.
  2. Nerfed. A lot more balanced perk. Guns' stats remained the same.
  3. Perk'n'Weapons Balanced Edition. My favorite one, which I'm running on my servers too. Reworked both perk and weapon stats, fixed some bugs (e.g. nade buying for M41).

I'm having trouble getting 'Perk'n'Weapons Balanced Edition' to work.

Here's what I tired:

1: Copied ScrnBruteGunnerPNW.u and ScrnBruteGunnerPNW.ucl to system

2: In ScrnBalance removed # from:

Code:
CustomPerks=10:ScrnBruteGunnerPNW.ScrnVetBruteGunnerPerk

3: In ServerPerks removed # from:

Code:
Perks=ScrnBruteGunnerPNW.ScrnVetBruteGunnerPerk
WeaponCategories=Brute Gunner
TraderInventory=9:ScrnBruteGunnerPNW.BruteAK47pickup
TraderInventory=9:ScrnBruteGunnerPNW.BruteAUG_A1ARPickup
TraderInventory=9:ScrnBruteGunnerPNW.BruteSA80LSWPickup