• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Portal turret

We only 'curse' you because credits are something that should be given at the very beginning(common sense) and that we have built up alot in this community over the years;
it would be a shame to have companies come after you or anyone else doing questionable things[charging money/IPs] and as a result, have the companies come after us because our work has been brought to light to them or due to them having to protect their IPs(Making an example for future 3rd parties).

Cease and desist letters are the very last thing we need, just look at that one guy who made starwars maps and put them on his UT99 server and got sued. We don't want to be that guy.

Upvote 0
I hope TWI keeps us updated on the lawsuit against metaledved, It will amuse me for quite some time. :)

Shame that you have a chance to ruin modding for our community :/
I really couldn't decide which way to take this lol. If you could ruin modding for the community, i'd for sure watch myself with what i'll release specially what im working on at the moment (if me and briandead can fix it).

Upvote 0
Don't worry FluX, aslong as you don't take the developers work and charge $ for it you're fine. :)
Would never think of charging people as I don't see this is right unless it's for company business etc.

Back on topic please folks! Awesome turret.
I agree. My server absolutely loves the turret. Do you think there could be multiple versions of the turret? This may sound weird but maybe having this as the default, a rocket launcher turret, a healing turret (extremely limited to keep the balance - if going for balance obviously) or some other ideas maybe.

Upvote 0
Turret is adorable <3. Just for kicks though, I would love to see a TF2 sentry(Level 1,2, & 3)

This. Could be implemented by a health/weld % ratio - if 33% or less, lvl1, if 66% to 33% lvl 2, if > 66% lvl 3. SO you have to weld it up. or maybe give it a crapload of total health and make it go up with health, so that welding can be used as teh turrets actual health and maintain destructability.

Upvote 0
The event is over, but the problem remains...

EDIT:
The issue is in the PTurret Class:

find:
Code:
HudImage=Texture'KFPortalTurret.Icons.I_Turret'
SelectedHudImage=Texture'KFPortalTurret.Icons.I_Turret'

change to:
Code:
HudImageRef="KFPortalTurret.Icons.I_Turret"
SelectedHudImageRef="KFPortalTurret.Icons.I_Turret"

TWI recently changed the KillingFloorHUD, probably HudImage is broken... changing to HudImageRef fixes the issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The event is over, but the problem remains...

EDIT:
The issue is in the PTurret Class:

find:
Code:
HudImage=Texture'KFPortalTurret.Icons.I_Turret'
SelectedHudImage=Texture'KFPortalTurret.Icons.I_Turret'

change to:
Code:
HudImageRef="KFPortalTurret.Icons.I_Turret"
SelectedHudImageRef="KFPortalTurret.Icons.I_Turret"

TWI recently changed the KillingFloorHUD, probably HudImage is broken... changing to HudImageRef fixes the issue.
making me want to double check mine now lol. :eek:

Upvote 0
My friend cant see turrets... and seems its not auto downloading these files any iddea?

Probably need to add the mod to your server packages. Go to your server's system folder(Or your own game folder if you are running a listen server) and open KillingFloor.ini with note/wordpad. Scroll down till you see lines with "ServerPackages=" and add a new line: ServerPackages=KFPortalTurret. This will tell your server to distribute it to its clients(Your friend) so they can see it/download it.

Edit: Unless your friend has the same mod files as you/mods that are running on the server, he will download off the server very slow if you do not have a redirect set up. Refer to this if you need to set one up. If you both have the same files installed and are playing in private, this is not needed. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=30579

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably need to add the mod to your server packages. Go to your server's system folder(Or your own game folder if you are running a listen server) and open KillingFloor.ini with note/wordpad. Scroll down till you see lines with "ServerPackages=" and add a new line: ServerPackages=KFPortalTurret. This will tell your server to distribute it to its clients(Your friend) so they can see it/download it.

Yes i did that but for some reason it didnt download any files to my friend.. after i sent him Source and main file he could at least see it in shop list but couldnt see turret itself and couldnt see it in weapon slots when he bought it T_T

Upvote 0

Edit: Unless your friend has the same mod files as you/mods that are running on the server, he will download off the server very slow if you do not have a redirect set up. Refer to this if you need to set one up. If you both have the same files installed and are playing in private, this is not needed. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=30579

well.. i sent him to download source and main files and put em into system and main folder. But apparently he can see turret in the shop and can buy it but he can see turret itself nor see it in his weapons list

Upvote 0
I have made the turret so it fires :

Medic Darts
Flames
grenades

i am also working on an extension of the RPG gun which we have to fire the rockets from that making it like a sam launcher

and am now working on the doom snetry bot doing the flames lol

once i have finished i will happily providing the authors give permission release

Credits have to go to original authors for really good mods

Last edited:
Upvote 0