• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Portal turret

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This mod contains turret from game "Portal". You can either use it as a buy-able weapon from trader that you can deploy to fend off zeds, or as a mapping tool to kill players (or zeds).

For normal KF:
- Use Custom Shop Mutator to add to trader (KFPortalTurret.PTurretPickup).
- Edit server KillingFloor.ini and find line "ServerPackages" and add a new line for "ServerPackage=KFPortalTurret".

For mapping:
- Do not place the turret actors directly in map.
- Use Triggers > TurretSpawnPoint, and trigger it to spawn turret there.

Configurations (KFPortalTurret.ini, only for ones you buy from trader):
HitDamages=5
Per hit damage for the turret minigun.

TurretHealth=400
Total amount of hitpoints for the turret.

bStationaryTurret=False
If enabled, use stationary turrets, ones which can't be tipped over by the zeds.
Download from here.
Download source codes from here.

Screenshots:
Coming soon (I know, I'm lazy with these)...

Last edited:
also, I hate to ask it from you, Marco, after all you've done, but if it isn't already in there, would it be possible to include the turret sounds? You know, how they say things occasionally like "Hello" "Goodnight" "Anyone there", which makes them dangerously adorable. It's okay if you can't, but if you can it would really make the cake (pun unintended) :D

Upvote 0
also, I hate to ask it from you, Marco, after all you've done, but if it isn't already in there, would it be possible to include the turret sounds? You know, how they say things occasionally like "Hello" "Goodnight" "Anyone there", which makes them dangerously adorable. It's okay if you can't, but if you can it would really make the cake (pun unintended) :D

they already say that

Upvote 0
excellent :D.

sorry for my pre-emptive comment, I was mid-download and wrongly suscpected a lack of turret-isms :p

(and I'm still trying to figure out how the whole trader thing works in solo, but thats a whole other story)

well for me, I checked them without using custom trader mutator
I used cheats on solo to see them

enablecheats

summon kfportalturret.pturretpickup

but seems specimens doesn't attack them, atleast my custom specimens cant

Last edited:
Upvote 0