• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Portal turret

Why for the love of god why can you only
put down one turret

i agree, while i understand this is an attempt to balance, this kind of mutator will never be on the whitelist, it's just too hands off, it may one day be on the greylist, maybe, but not the white, so why not go al out to make it absolutely awesome, maybe make it you can only carry one at a time but can have as many deployed as you like, you can imagine how much fun it would be.

Upvote 0
Hmm. Mutator works just fine in solo play, after adding the correct lines to KillingFloor.ini and the KFCustomShopMutV2.ini.

However, I can't get it to work on multiplayer. (This is on my dedicated server, where all the other mutators I've gotten work just fine; yes, I've added the respective lines to KillingFloor.ini and the KFCustomShopMutV2.ini.)

So, while playing by myself on my dedicated, I can see the Sentry in the shop menu, but when I go to buy the Sentry, I get the "stuff is bought sound" (you know, the clicking thing) but no money is deducted from me and it doesn't show up in my inventory. I've disabled all other mutators except for ServerPerks and CustomShop to rule out incompatibility, but no dice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i agree, while i understand this is an attempt to balance, this kind of mutator will never be on the whitelist, it's just too hands off, it may one day be on the greylist, maybe, but not the white, so why not go al out to make it absolutely awesome, maybe make it you can only carry one at a time but can have as many deployed as you like, you can imagine how much fun it would be.

If someone puts this sentry mod on their Portal themed map,which TW encouraged you to make,and its not whitelisted nothing makes sense.
Its going to be whitelisted,but maybe the creator should balance it somehow.Imagine 6 players camping indoors with 6 sentries all over the place.

Upvote 0
If someone puts this sentry mod on their Portal themed map,which TW encouraged you to make,and its not whitelisted nothing makes sense.
Its going to be whitelisted,but maybe the creator should balance it somehow.Imagine 6 players camping indoors with 6 sentries all over the place.

I'm guessing personally that the server version with it as a weapon will be Greylisted, and the Mapping version probably whitelisted

Upvote 0
I play on a modded sever and we are loving these sentries. But they give sharpie headshots it seems, and I dont think its because of the sever. They had to be taken off because it was to easy to level sharpshooter. In the next update the netsky community would be very happy if you could change the code so it doesnt give any perks anything.

Upvote 0
We've got it running on Netsky #3 but I'm taking it off because I just learned it gives Headshot kill credit... making Sharpshooter incredibly farmable.
-------------------------------------------

Marco, I don't suppose it'd be possible to get a version of this with kill/exp credit removed?
I'm assuming the Sentry Bot from the Doom3 mut also has the same problem.

Upvote 0
Upon further examination, the Doom 3 mut sentry bot doesn't seem to give headshot exp, but this one does. Not sure what the difference is, but we were guessing the Portal turret shots most be classified as 9mm.

One user suggested classifying it as medic gun (MP7) as it would not level any damage perk or give headshot credits, but could still give kill credit. Would this work, or do you have another way, Marco?

Upvote 0
For times when specimen just Want You Gone...

Spoiler!

You will realize that this is a triumph; you are Still Alive after all! :p

Soooo many portal jokes, so little time!

Upvote 0
Mutator files copy here: [server dir]\system\

File: KFCustomShopMutV2.ini
add this line: WeaponForSale=KFPortalTurret.PTurretPickup

File: KillingFloor.ini
add this line to the end of the block [Engine.GameEngine]: ServerPackages=KFPortalTurret

Whats all!
Weird. So KFPortalTurret.ini, KFPortalTurret.u, and KFPortalTurret.ucl are in my server's system folder.

I opened up the Custom Shop .ini file, added in the WeaponForSale=KFPortalTurret.PTurretPickup line.

In KillingFloor.ini, I located all the serverpackages in [engine.GameEngine], and added ServerPackages=KFPortalTurret to the end.

I start up the game. I see Sentry Turret in trader for 3k Dosh. I play around, get the needed money, but when I attempt to buy no money is deducted from me and nothing happens.

Do I need the mutator auto-started in the .bat file?

Have yo udone any other tweaks to the dedicated server? Any other mutators?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there any way you could add this as a mutator of it's own? That'd add it to the shop without Custom Shop Mutator? I have issues getting Custom Shop Mutator working on Mac :/

whats your issue? if you don't mind me asking, I'm on a mac and i can run the custom trader mutator so I"m assuming it has something to do with your computer specifically.

Upvote 0