• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Forced max players

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
Since I haven't seen any mod/mutator for this yet I release this here.
It will force server to have specific amount of max players and override the hardcoded 6 players cap (so you don't need any webadmin scripts for it).

This mod is only for server admins who want more than 6 players and don't care for Steam perks progression.

Download here.

To install it on the server:
- Unzip files in '..\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\System\' folder.
- First make sure you configure the maximum players value you want in KFMaxPlayers.ini.
- Edit server KillingFloor.ini and find these lines:
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
Add in following line: ServerActors=KFMaxPlayers.KFMaxPlayers
So it looks like this:
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerActors=KFMaxPlayers.KFMaxPlayers
That's all.

Note:
You can edit the max players value also from WebAdmin, by typing in the console command:
Set KFMaxPlayers ForcedMaxPlayers <new value here>
That change will take effect in next map.

Last edited:
Was wondering, most of the server admins bought their servers from Gameservers, but if i'm correct, you have to pay more money if you want more slots. If you turn your 6-players server into a 12-players servers, do you have to pay extra fees? :confused:

You do indeed. $1.99 a slot. Although that price may come down as the numbers go up. They only bargained for 6 based on the hardcoding. This mut may change all that if the demand's there for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You do indeed. $1.99 a slot. Although that price may come down as the numbers go up. They only bargained for 6 based on the hardcoding. This mut may change all that if the demand's there for it.

well i had a 12slot before from them but even with 12ppl on there it kept crashing so to my knowledge. they just change the slots number but dont give you a faster machine.:(

Upvote 0
Got a really big problem on my server with this one.
I just for testing run it and AntiBlocker 1.1 + Server Veterancy Handler V3. Got reserved slots option too.
I set max player to 12 and server took off smoothly with that value, players started to join without any problems... wave started... but when it ended and trader time too there has been a great server lag to all players and server slots matched number of players ingame! so there was 7 of us - max. slots become 7; next wave there was only 5 of us... max players was 5.. ;/
Next map started with default 12 slots... and there we go again...

Please investigate! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just for testing run it and AntiBlocker 1.1 + Server Veterancy Handler V3. Got reserved slots option too.
I set max player to 12 and server took off smoothly with that value, players started to join without any problems... wave started... but when it ended and trader time too there has been a great server lag to all players and server slots matched number of players ingame! so there was 7 of us - max. slots become 7; next wave there was only 5 of us... max players was 5.. ;/

Please investigate! ;)
I'm having this problem aswell BartBear

Upvote 0

Please investigate! ;)
This problem is irrelevant to this mod aswell as antiblocker and server veterancy. So that leaves to "reserved slots option"?

Upvote 0
Yup i tested it, i removed everything to do with Server Ext and now i don't have any problem's with the Max Player's Mod.
So can we have a little patch that makes this mut available for servers with resslots, its quite handy so I don't want to loose it ;)

BTW in that configuration I wrote above the veterancy mut makes visible sdk's markers in the map (such like players spawn? those "eagle blue heads"...

Upvote 0
So can we have a little patch that makes this mut available for servers with resslots, its quite handy so I don't want to loose it ;)

BTW in that configuration I wrote above the veterancy mut makes visible sdk's markers in the map (such like players spawn? those "eagle blue heads"...
I get the Eagle Blue Head's aswell.

Upvote 0
I downloaded this for a LAN part and ran into a problem trying to use it. Once I added this to my server, when players joined they were unable to select a perk. If the clicked on the perk button it would bring up a message saying an unknown steam error is preventing access to this. Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I downloaded this for a LAN part and ran into a problem trying to use it. Once I added this to my server, when players joined they were unable to select a perk. If the clicked on the perk button it would bring up a message saying an unknown steam error is preventing access to this. Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

This mutator is not whitelisted so you cant have access or have the ability to level your perks. You need to use the perk replacement mutator.

Upvote 0