• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Forced max players

maxplayers mod good with this ScrnBalance 4.52
maxplayers mod not good with this ScrnBalance 4.58

As I said before, the next version of ScrnBalance will allow forcing max players by its own. I'm currently working on v5, with some cool new features, but it isn't ready yet. Beside that, I'm very busy now with my work (real work).

** EDIT:
As temporary workaround you can set MaxPlayers in KillingFloor.ini and make this file read-only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I said before, the next version of ScrnBalance will allow forcing max players by its own. I'm currently working on v5, with some cool new features, but it isn't ready yet. Beside that, I'm very busy now with my work (real work).

** EDIT:
As temporary workaround you can set MaxPlayers in KillingFloor.ini and make this file read-only.

ScrnBalance v5 will be compatible with the ServerExt (reserved slots) :confused:
Reserved slots important to me!

Upvote 0
hmm I did everything in the instructions, still doesn't let me get past 6 players. And Perks still show, I'm guessing this is not supposed to be happening?

and when I try the "Set KFMaxPlayers ForcedMaxPlayers <new value here>" on the console, it says "Unrecognized class KFMaxPlayers".

What seems to be the problem? Wanted this to work on a listen server, I play on the 1043 version

Upvote 0
Same problem

Same problem

hmm I did everything in the instructions, still doesn't let me get past 6 players. And Perks still show, I'm guessing this is not supposed to be happening?

and when I try the "Set KFMaxPlayers ForcedMaxPlayers <new value here>" on the console, it says "Unrecognized class KFMaxPlayers".

What seems to be the problem? Wanted this to work on a listen server, I play on the 1043 version

I followed all instructions perfectly, however it stays 6 players. Peanuts were you able to fix your server?:(:confused:

Please help :(

Upvote 0
Hello all. Question, I have used this for a long time and it works fine for me with one exception. All is well and correct according to the server log, states, "Forcing server max players from 6 to 32". However at times the max players in the game browser show 6 slots. Generally after starting the server or at times after a map change. After some time has past the correct players and slots are reflected in the browser. I think I have seen this on some other servers, where normally they have X number slots but atm they show 6 slots. Any tips or tricks to correct this? I feel like it is an update thing.

Upvote 0