• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation M1937 Anti-tank Gun Video/Screens

88? Hard to say. Our list includes: pak38 and 40; a medium mortar for both sides (not portable/class related); a Russian transport vehicle; early war KV1 with rider slots; then possibly larger caliber Russian arty like the 57 and 76mm; and then who knows. We've talked about several more things but those few will keep Lex and Devildog busy for some time to come. We hope that once the 45 is finalized, that we have a quick base to do the pak guns and then worry about vehicles again.

Upvote 0
the pak 38 and 40 are very effective guns, if they were released maybe there would be a way of placing those on the sdkfz 251 without to much trouble? and then you have it, you mobile pak gun! :)
sdkfz251_ddancik2.jpg

Upvote 0
Like I said in the other thread, amazing work!

I just hope mappers can find a way to "randomly" spawn it in certain places, because the only advantage an AT gun had against tanks was their small shilouette and being hard to detect.

If their position is known, they are usually easy to surpress or kill even with MG fire. So some random placement would do wonders.

Other than that, it will be an excellent addition.

Upvote 0
I would envision some infantry only maps that use the AT guns as objectives. The guns could be employed in an anti-infantry role, using their HE, but the attackers would basically being doing an S&D mission to remove the guns so their armor can advance. Could work in CQC city maps or open country where flanking would be necessary. The random spawning would make it a very dynamic situation. The options could be a real boost to the community. We'll see what happens.

Upvote 0
I would envision some infantry only maps that use the AT guns as objectives. The guns could be employed in an anti-infantry role, using their HE, but the attackers would basically being doing an S&D mission to remove the guns so their armor can advance. Could work in CQC city maps or open country where flanking would be necessary. The random spawning would make it a very dynamic situation. The options could be a real boost to the community. We'll see what happens.
I'd still love a cannister round. :D
I know that tanks were sometimes armed with cannister, so it would have more of a use then only the AT guns.
But that's just me being greedy.:eek:

Upvote 0
slyk and and all you guys at AGZ wow great work on this, Right now we can def use stuff like that for Darkest Hour as we will need a pak 38 in omaha beach Dog green. I also came to say guys if you all are will to take this
look here http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11197
as i will not use that for any map cause im focused on western front atm, but i know you guys are focusing on the Barbarosa cagnpain and ISU-152 where deployed there :) all it needs is finished interior and unwrap.

Upvote 0
it'd be cool if you could push the gun around a little, that wouldn't be too out of hand i don't think

It isn't out of hand if you have all the appropriate player animations and coding to go with it. Right now we don't and that is asking too much of two part-time guys. The gun(s) will be as evolved as we can make them and as far as the game can support, within reason.

Upvote 0
zhukov I do plan to finish it just waitng on guys like After Hourz or anyone that will go head and finish the coding to get it in gam, i really dont want to finish it up completely, liek interior unwraped ect just so it sits on my pc lol.
i mean i wont use it in Darkest Hour lol and ISU-152 in normandy russian lend lease
of course not lol!! but it would be a very cool vehicle for us russians :D
too bad I cant code.
I hope to see it soon though.

Upvote 0
Very very nice. Fantastic work.

The only thing that annoys me a bit are the voice commands that are played in such rapid succession. I don't know what he says ("Fire!" I assume) but it reminds me a bit of "Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!". No offense to the person who lended her voice (I assume you edited it in some kind of sound editor), but for me it's annoying. Perhaps ask a real Russian to record the voice commands? And make it so that the voice commands are played only 30% of the time or so, maybe?

Other than that, great work. Looking forward to the finished product.

Getting someone who was born and raised for 25 years of their life in Russia should qualify as a "real Russian", don't you think? The succession of commands is fast because I was fighting for my life there and fired as soon as the gun was ready. I certainly imagine it would be quite the same in real life situations, if not more chaotic. Devildog spent some years in the U.S. Marine artillery and can make his own testiment about being at an arty piece in time of combat.

By the way, the commands are "ready" and "fire", yes. And they were edited in a sound program to make them more manly.

Slyk don't lie, just tell the truth. All Galina said was

"Slyk your Borstj is ready"

And you secretly recorded this with your voicerecorder.
By the way how amazing how people always find something to complain about.
But that's typically Dutch i guess.

Upvote 0
Just a follow up on a few things from the coding side. The items below seem to be the most talked about.

Reload time: I had to change a number of things originally to get the faster reload time. When I was testing, I used the highly accurate and scientific method of one Mississippi, two Mississippi..... Why you ask. Well it's simple, I was testing, this isn't final, it can be tweaked and there were more important things. A.K.A. Family, job, life, etc. I had some time last night in between dinner, bath, reading story books, toddler temper tantrums and Family needs to put in some log events to get a better sense of the times. YES, I AGREE IT IS TOO FAST. But isn’t fun though…. :) I will go back and slow it down to a 15 rounds per minute rate (one round every 4 seconds). Why not 20. Well, that is a fairly high rate of fire and would take a well trained crew (saw this mentioned a few times and it is true). The gun is for Berezina and at this point in the war I do not think the Russian Army as a whole was at a caliber where this rate could be sustained.

Random Spawning: I was thinking about this a few nights ago and after some quick research put together a simple method for random spawning. Don't expect the world on this. If you want the world please don't hesitate to give it a try it yourself. :rolleyes: Discussed it with Slyk and we actually think this may give a really interesting "fog of war" feel to the map if the mapper implements it properly. Had some time to test the code (see reasons above) and I'm still working through issues but making some progress. I will not guarantee anything because I really do not know if it is possible just yet. One error/log event was particularly interesting. Until we get it working and tested, I will not speak of it again. I do not like talking about or making promises that I can not keep.

Reloading: I forgot who asked, but Slyk said you can reload if it is near a supply point. Actually it will not. I have empty functions for the resupply code, so it will not execute. I haven't tested this yet, but I have to think it will not resupply. Sorry, I neglected to inform my "Master" about this. My bad. Reason, simple. I see the resupply point as an ammo dump. No military commander in their right mind would put one so close to the front. Not to say it didn't happen, but let's be realistic. In the artillery, the ammo train was always away from the battery. I know there are a variety of reasons pro/con. If "Master" tells me to change it, I will. Each gun/tow vehicle had a supply of ammo, which in regard to the M1937 is the initial load out of 60/30. Plus, if this survives long enough to use up the ammo then the other side s*cks and please have pity on them. Please do not ask if we can modify the Bren to act as a resupply vehicle. It's a nifty idea that I will not be doing. LOL.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0