• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation M1937 Anti-tank Gun Video/Screens

Folks, please read the entire thread. I posted two pictures on page one. One with the range at 0 meters and one picture with it at 500. This question has been answered, I believe, at least twice in the thread. Sorry to sound pissy, but it gets tiring having the same few questions re-stated.

Yes the range bar moves
No we will not make the gun moveable by any means
No it can not be resupplied
Yes we are hoping to make it randomly spawn, no promises
Yes we will post 3rd person views soon
Yes the voice is authentic Russian with tone/quality edits
Yes there will be more variants/models in the future
No we will not release it to the community before January 31, 2007
Yes we are working on eye candy animations and will issue a video soon
Yes it fires too fast and will be slowed
Yes it fires both AP and HE rounds, 60 AP and 30 HE
Yes the mapper will be able to configure multiple features including respawn and users, 1 or 2

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Getting someone who was born and raised for 25 years of their life in Russia should qualify as a "real Russian", don't you think? The succession of commands is fast because I was fighting for my life there and fired as soon as the gun was ready. I certainly imagine it would be quite the same in real life situations, if not more chaotic. Devildog spent some years in the U.S. Marine artillery and can make his own testiment about being at an arty piece in time of combat.

Ah ok. I didn't know that, my apologies. I'm just saying that the frequency of the sound clip bothers me. I'm pretty sure that a constant stream of "Fire! Reload! Fire! Reload! Fire! Reload! Fire! Reload! Fire! Reload! Fire! Reload! Fire! Reload! Fire! Reload!" would get annoying pretty quickly.

By the way how amazing how people always find something to complain about.
But that's typically Dutch i guess.

And I find it amazing that you always seem to perceive criticism as complaining. I'm just giving the guy some contstructive criticism, how is that complaining? If he didn't want to receive criticism he wouldn't have posted it in here in the first place, would he?

Upvote 0
And I find it amazing that you always seem to perceive criticism as complaining. I'm just giving the guy some contstructive criticism, how is that complaining? If he didn't want to receive criticism he wouldn't have posted it in here in the first place, would he?

Except my known issue with the sometimes to overdone Historical Accuracy crew i can't come up with any other example where i perceive critisism as complaining.
Sometimes the penetration power, panzer thickness, angle of penetration, load times with number of players and what the artillery crew had for breakfest that day is getting a little over the line.

Upvote 0
Nimsky, I don't take you comments as complaints, but you should phrase them differently to avoid that perception. The following soap box is a general statement about on-line forums:

The point that Drecks may be trying to make is that as with any on-line community,
there are always a large number of 'experts'. These 'experts' tend to have never attempted to map, model, texture, or mod in any way, shape or form yet are profoundly schooled in the intracate nature of all these aspects. The 'expert' tends to freely share their knowledge which is generally about as sound as asking a two year old how to solve the middle-east political situation. The 'expert' usually does not take to correction very well and will often spout off endless lists of sources/authorities but will seldom actually note/link to them, afterall, they are an 'expert' so why should they take their time to prove their knowledge. These individuals are also well adapted and skilled at the 'logic dodge'. This takes place when another individual calls their bluff and points out the lack of factual correctness etc. The dodge ensues as the topic changes and the point-well-made zooms by the 'experts' ear, narrowly missing hitting home with the point. Another 'expert' opinion or fact genearlly follows in a matter of moments which seeks to redirect the discussion back upon the insolent fact-finder in an attempt to discredit or humiliate them. The 'expert' then will move off to share/impose their wealth of bullsh*t on the next unsuspecting thread.

This community, sad to say, is home to what is a seemingly inordinate number of said 'experts' compared to other game forums in relation to the number of active members. To an extent these 'experts' and their close kin, the 'realism nazis' tend to s*ck a lot of fun and life from doing custom work and it generally is perceived, and rightly so much of the time, as complaining. If not for the appreciation of the mainstream members, little motivation would remain.

Upvote 0
Nimsky, I don't take you comments as complaints, but you should phrase them differently to avoid that perception. The following soap box is a general statement about on-line forums:

The point that Drecks may be trying to make is that as with any on-line community,
there are always a large number of 'experts'. These 'experts' tend to have never attempted to map, model, texture, or mod in any way, shape or form yet are profoundly schooled in the intracate nature of all these aspects. The 'expert' tends to freely share their knowledge which is generally about as sound as asking a two year old how to solve the middle-east political situation. The 'expert' usually does not take to correction very well and will often spout off endless lists of sources/authorities but will seldom actually note/link to them, afterall, they are an 'expert' so why should they take their time to prove their knowledge. These individuals are also well adapted and skilled at the 'logic dodge'. This takes place when another individual calls their bluff and points out the lack of factual correctness etc. The dodge ensues as the topic changes and the point-well-made zooms by the 'experts' ear, narrowly missing hitting home with the point. Another 'expert' opinion or fact genearlly follows in a matter of moments which seeks to redirect the discussion back upon the insolent fact-finder in an attempt to discredit or humiliate them. The 'expert' then will move off to share/impose their wealth of bullsh*t on the next unsuspecting thread.

This community, sad to say, is home to what is a seemingly inordinate number of said 'experts' compared to other game forums in relation to the number of active members. To an extent these 'experts' and their close kin, the 'realism nazis' tend to s*ck a lot of fun and life from doing custom work and it generally is perceived, and rightly so much of the time, as complaining. If not for the appreciation of the mainstream members, little motivation would remain.

:p:p:p

Upvote 0
does the entire gun rotate, or does only the upper structure rotate? like with the sturmgeshutz?
if it functions as a turret it can "easilly" be placed on a halftrack by replacing the mg42 turret by the pak gun turret by messing with the codes. don't flame me im not an "expert" in coding ;) im just a sunday mapper with a big mouth

Upvote 0
does the entire gun rotate, or does only the upper structure rotate? like with the sturmgeshutz?
if it functions as a turret it can "easilly" be placed on a halftrack by replacing the mg42 turret by the pak gun turret by messing with the codes. don't flame me im not an "expert" in coding ;) im just a sunday mapper with a big mouth

Only the upper structure (gun) rotates. The gun is fixed to the base and has the historical traverse limits (30 degrees each side).

Upvote 0
Third person shots from our test map:

453rd1.jpg

453rd2.jpg

453rd3.jpg

Upvote 0

In case you and many other overly critical and argumentative individuals haven't noticed, just about anything posted in these RO forums is seemingly met with an argument, complaint or is opened for debate. Rarely, if ever, do we see a "Hey! Thanks for that. Its good reference material" or,"That is marvelous work! Thanks for the effort!". No, heaven forbid... instead we watch time after time that a post or submission becomes an invitation for someone to jump up with a contradiction, destructive critique, complaint, or denunciation.

There are two types of criticism, DESTRUCTIVE and CONSTRUCTIVE. The type of criticism is determined by the manner in which its offered. In particular, your protesting that you're "just giving the guy...." might have been put forth in a better manner. Like; "Thanks for the info, you might consider...." Not a downright castigation of a person or Team's work and efforts. This goes much further than just here with you it really involves everyone, its going on throughout the Red Orchestra forum and its getting OLD very, very fast.

I know of no better way to discourage and eliminate any contributor's enthusiasm to support both this forum and RO than to continually subject them to the ridiculous and quite constant fault finding, argumentativeness, and overall negativity displayed by many of the well meaning but unfortunately, distractive and demeaning respondents in this RO forum.

Remember, those who contribute Maps, Mods, Grafx, Help Files and Notes are doing so by taking the positve benefit it offers many into consideration for everyone including TW & RO. To inconsiderately tear apart these efforts is totally destructive and will eventually pose a threat to the future of TripWire and RO. Red Orchestra belongs to all of us, not just self appointed groups of "elite groupies".

Its truly time people began thinking about what and how they say/post something before doing so.. In other words, for everyone; Please, think twice before you post. Make sure you are saying it the right way, so as to offer good information and not offend. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

there are always a large number of 'experts'. These 'experts' tend to have never attempted to map, model, texture, or mod in any way, shape or form yet are profoundly schooled in the intricate nature of all these aspects. The 'expert' tends to freely share their knowledge which is generally about as sound as asking a two year old how to solve the middle-east political situation. The 'expert' usually does not take to correction very well and will often spout off endless lists of sources/authorities but will seldom actually note/link to them, after all, they are an 'expert' so why should they take their time to prove their knowledge. These individuals are also well adapted and skilled at the 'logic dodge'. This takes place when another individual calls their bluff and points out the lack of factual correctness etc. The dodge ensues as the topic changes and the point-well-made zooms by the 'experts' ear, narrowly missing hitting home with the point. Another 'expert' opinion or fact generally follows in a matter of moments which seeks to redirect the discussion back upon the insolent fact-finder in an attempt to discredit or humiliate them. The 'expert' then will move off to share/impose their wealth of bullsh*t on the next unsuspecting thread.

I enthusiastically agree!

Upvote 0
Very well said Mike.

As for the pics, looking good guys. I know the three of you have worked really hard on this, well not so much Slyk unless you count the whipping and since I know this is just the first of many things to come from the AHGN armament factory I can't wait to see this out the door.

Upvote 0
Slyk,

When are you going to release that test map? The skybox is da bomb! :p

j/k

I will have you know that the sky box kicks butt! ;) The map is 2,000 x 2,000 meters, the soil is of central Belorussian quality of late-Spring time on an accentuated scale to bask in it's earthly warmth. The concrete pads, although not often found in central Belorussian soil in late-Spring time, are serving another purpose entirely, which I am not quite yet ready to divulge while their true nature of being planted in central Belorussian soil of late-Spring time quality could be rather obvious to the diligent observer of recent events.

"What is three by four by two and sometimes you see and sometimes you don't, but usually you will find a few?"

Upvote 0
It will really be interesting to see how this play out on a map and affect its balance. Should be a fun wild ride in any case! :D
I guess it will make games more interesting as the mapers do not have to introduce tanks/fausts on both sides to counter a tank attack.
So you can have one flexible and fast moving side - very interesting for early war maps - while the other is more static.

To tell you the truth I was very disappointed finding the AT guns in Barashka useless when I first played that map, I thought AT guns would fit perfectly in that map. Considering this developement I guess this "problem" will be fixed sooner than later. :eek: (no, I'm not showing embarrassment, but I think this smile shows contentedness best, ok it looks a bit stoned but ...)

Upvote 0
I will have you know that the sky box kicks butt! ;) The map is 2,000 x 2,000 meters, the soil is of central Belorussian quality of late-Spring time on an accentuated scale to bask in it's earthly warmth. The concrete pads, although not often found in central Belorussian soil in late-Spring time, are serving another purpose entirely, which I am not quite yet ready to divulge while their true nature of being planted in central Belorussian soil of late-Spring time quality could be rather obvious to the diligent observer of recent events.

LOL! Excellent texture work on the building in the 3rd picture and it's amazing how it floats in midair like that. This will be a strong contender in the mapping competition. ;)

Slyk and Mike, excellent posts guys. I doubt it will make much of a difference, but it certainly needed to be said. Mappers and modders should always remember that for every person that *****es there's probably another hundred of us that support your efforts. I wholeheartedly support anyone who takes it upon themselves to create custom content. It's the lifeblood of games like RO and is what keeps them fresh and interesting. The After-Hourz guys should be commended for the hard work they're doing to make RO more enjoyable for the rest of us. Thank you! This AT gun and the other weapons you have planned are going to add a whole new dimension to gameplay. It looks awesome and I can't wait to try it out!

Upvote 0

In case you and many other overly critical and argumentative individuals haven't noticed, just about anything posted in these RO forums is seemingly met with an argument, complaint or is opened for debate. Rarely, if ever, do we see a "Hey! Thanks for that. Its good reference material" or,"That is marvelous work! Thanks for the effort!". No, heaven forbid... instead we watch time after time that a post or submission becomes an invitation for someone to jump up with a contradiction, destructive critique, complaint, or denunciation.

There are two types of criticism, DESTRUCTIVE and CONSTRUCTIVE. The type of criticism is determined by the manner in which its offered. In particular, your protesting that you're "just giving the guy...." might have been put forth in a better manner. Like; "Thanks for the info, you might consider...." Not a downright castigation of a person or Team's work and efforts. This goes much further than just here with you it really involves everyone, its going on throughout the Red Orchestra forum and its getting OLD very, very fast.

I know of no better way to discourage and eliminate any contributor's enthusiasm to support both this forum and RO than to continually subject them to the ridiculous and quite constant fault finding, argumentativeness, and overall negativity displayed by many of the well meaning but unfortunately, distractive and demeaning respondents in this RO forum.

Remember, those who contribute Maps, Mods, Grafx, Help Files and Notes are doing so by taking the positve benefit it offers many into consideration for everyone including TW & RO. To inconsiderately tear apart these efforts is totally destructive and will eventually pose a threat to the future of TripWire and RO. Red Orchestra belongs to all of us, not just self appointed groups of "elite groupies".

Its truly time people began thinking about what and how they say/post something before doing so.. In other words, for everyone; Please, think twice before you post. Make sure you are saying it the right way, so as to offer good information and not offend. ;)

You said that there is destructive and constructive criticism. I gave the latter.

You guys have to understand that this game aims for realism (and I didn't even point out lack of realism in my post, so this is kind of irrelevant to my previous posts), so be prepared for people pointing out historical flaws (if any) in your work if you make a custom map, 3D model, etc. These people have no intention of "tearing you apart" or "putting you off" or however you choose to perceive it, they just want the game to be as historically accurate as possible. If historical accuracy and / or realism is not your ultimate goal, then that's fine. I for one won't comment on that subject then. If I would have the time to map, I know one of my goals would be historical accuracy. And should it happen that I accidentaly put the SGT44 in a map where it really shouldn't be, I would appreciate it if people would point that out so I could fix it.

If you had read my post properly, you would have noticed that I am actually very grateful for Slyk's & AH's efforts. That's why I wrote "Very very nice. Fantastic work". All I did was point out something I didn't like. I also offered a solution.

If you release creative works of yourself to the public, you have to be prepared to accept constructive criticism. Criticism that is not constructive can be ignored. I work as a webdesigner so I get criticized fairly regularly, and I accept most of that criticism. It helps me get better at my profession. The same goes for someone posting his work in the modding section of these forums.

I honestly don't understand why some of you perceived my criticism as complaining. I said I was annoyed by the rapid succession of the voice command. I don't know how else I should point that out.

Hopefully I cleared things up. Again, this is not a complaint or a personal attack. Remember, constructive criticism will get you even better at what you do. Thanks for these cool addons, you guys add a lot to RO by making them. Can't wait to see what the mappers come up with. Looking forward to your future stuff.

Upvote 0