• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation M1937 Anti-tank Gun Video/Screens

Third person shots from our test map:

453rd1.jpg

wow amazing!, the head sticks out just eneough to give the infantry a chance at them also
where will the second guy be sitting, behind him?

and i have a little question, does this gun have the same measurements as the russian gun in the map editor? because i started a map, and i want this gun to fit inside my gun positions that i will use, so it fits right when released.
thank u

Upvote 0
Too easy target for snipers. Could you make gunners sit lower, gunner used periscope or optics not peeking from behind cover, I guess these guns were under constant MG fire or snipers, becouse these were no artillegy guns but field guns.

Here is gunners station in anti-tank gun:
These small anti-tank guns tended to have vision slits in the shield.
This is true of the M1937, PaK-35/36 and PaK-38, with the PaK-35/36 having the highest shield of the lot.
In the picture below, it's less a slit and more a gapping hole.
In the German Pak guns, it seems to be an adjustable opening. Either they weren't fitted to the M1937, or it's been removed, because it was freezing in place. which is my guess.

In the bottom picture, I think that's the turret of a T-34/76 visible over the left side edge of the shield.

45mmm1932.jpg

Although the M1937 and PaK35/36 have very similar shields, I think the Pak-35/36's was larger. From the pictures below, there isn't much room to hide.

The M1937 in action
45_mm.jpg

And the Pak-35/36
37mmpak36.jpg
Pak35.jpg

And the PaK-38

300px-Pak38_cfb_borden_2.JPG
50mmpak38.jpg

Pak38.jpg

Upvote 0
Official Notification of Functional "Random Spawn Script"

Official Notification of Functional "Random Spawn Script"

I am proud to announce the official notification of a true 'Random Spawn' script for RO vehicles/guns. Devildog (Teufelhund) has created a script specific to the 45mm that will add a new dimension to RO gameplay.

Random spawn features:
- Guns can be individually set to random spawn or always spawn
- Guns can be tagged to spawn according to the spawn manager control. This means that the guns will NOT appear until the coordinated spawn manager is triggered. Neither team will know what gun will spawn where until the related objective/spawn is activated.
- Guns can have their respawn rate (time) and amount, 0-255 individually set.

This feature will greatly enhance the mappers ability to create truly dynamic maps where the presence of the AT gun can help shape gameplay from round to round as it will nearly never play the same way twice. More true-to-life 'Search and Destroy' type maps can now be created as well.

Lex and Teufelhund have truly added an entire new dimension to the RO community. Thank you, guys! The new life 'Berezina' alone will garner is priceless.

Short movie and two screenshots follow. The movie shows two map loads and resets. You will notice the guns spawn to different positions on each map load and then on the reset, when the round would start.

45random1.jpg

45random2.jpg

Movie file:
45mm Random Spawn Video

Upvote 0
GREAT news on the "Random Spawn" script. Can't wait till it is released.

When the guns spawn will there be a mix of static (dummy) guns and usable guns, that swap positions with each spawn, or will only the usable guns be on the map. Just curious because if there were a lot of guns on the map and you never knew which ones were dummies and which ones were live until you saw the muzzle flash I think that would make things very interesting.

Upvote 0
The mapper can put as many 'dummy' or 'live' guns around as they wish. The thing is that the mapper has total control.
Gun A may not random spawn, and respawn 10 times.
Gun B is random, respawns 1 time, is tied to spawn manager.
Gun C is random, respawns 20 times, NOT tied to spawns.
Gun D is random, no respawns, is tied to spawn manager.
etc.

The 'random' flagged guns may or may not appear at their location. 50/50 chance. You never know what you will get where using the random script.

It is ONE .u file. Incorporated into the M1937 model under ROGun class with one flag random/not random. ;)

Upvote 0
Update:
We did our first in-game alpha testing with some AHz regulars and an RO-Dev to be named later. Still a few buggy things to address but the guys got right on that last night and we should have those adjustments in no time. I think everyone enjoyed the chance to play with the guns and see how they worked. The random spawn was interesting and it should really present some fun aspects if positioned smartly by the mappers.

I have some new video of the guns in action, full recoil, shell ejections, etc. I need some time to edit that together but hope to post it later today.

Upvote 0
wow, really good.

the animation is a bit strange, but i don't think people will stare at it all the time. so it's much better than no animation at all.
keep it up guys!

Q: if i decide to give this gun to the german team on my map with the B-UseAxisTrue(or something like that) will there be the screaming in russian also?

Upvote 0