• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

losing interest

I'm sorry, where in that quote do you see "regular updates + a major update"? Do i need to quote it again? Infact, i will quote the 2 that are currently out.

Where in either of those posts do they say that they are going to be doing weekly updates? All i see is them stating that they are hard at work with bugs, content and actually working on updating the game (which is what they should be doing in the first month....). If you mean "not regular enough for you" then too bad, every 2 weeks is still regular by the definition and to be expected early on. Not much they can do a weekly update with if they can't get any work done due to updating the news on the work they haven't finished yet.

See where that comes in? You can't expect a 50 man team to make weekly news updates and keep up with bug fixes, making content and game development unless you want a bunch of sentences going "I know that this bug/problem exists, that is all" for 10 lines. Out of all the people that made point to want more updates your the one who sticks out as being an entitled jerk.

You already stated you don't think they are a real company because of releasing in early access, you made it clear that you think you can treat the devs like they are a doormat because you spent money on their game and you seemed to make it fairly crystal that you think you're so important that the basic rules of etiquette and communication don't apply to you. You probably don't even give a dam what the developers are up to, you just want more to pick at and complain about.

what is your idea of "regular updates"

please enlighten me

Upvote 0
You're going to be really disappointed all the time if you're waiting for TWI to follow up on plans that they never actually made.

I'm not pulling it out of my top hat, you know. They did annouce it in more than one occasion => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrvdjrVSUmQ (Alan Wilson also said it on AbsorbicApple twitch stream). But to be fair, I know it's a theoretical plan and it would'nt be exactly one month anyway since those things are never set in stone. That's why I said that for me it it doesn't matter when the patch comes but what does it offer and that I am willing to wait as long as it gets if it ends up worth it (quality over quantity type of thing).

It also hasn't been "little more than a month" since the Early Access release.

I meant that it has been more than a month since the beta release which started around the 15th of April or so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't get the level of frustration ITT, the silence was pretty annoying even before the release so I'm expecting it from TWI already. Of course they should be communicating more but who here was expecting a drastic change of course the moment EA hit?

The fact that there's no responses to this thread is even weirder than the silence they've been keeping ever since KF2 was announced. Eh, they want to avoid making issues worse by responding to complaints I suppose? Well it's been too much silence all along. It doesn't hurt to give a release date estimation early, it doesn't hurt telling about your progress, it doesn't hurt responding to issues and bugs. Not everything has to be carved in stone before you can talk about it, I'm sure people understand that.

Upvote 0
nice, strong sense of entitlement buddy. Don't want to be their Early Access "tester"? don't play. you payed for the game during early access, you should've expected an early access quality game. (even though KF 2 is better than most EA games)

Wow seriously?
You are one of those new Gen gamers who let companies kick them in the arse and smile about it.
EVERY company even smaller indie ones do a better Job than TW, want to know why we complain? Because it's been 2 months and TW have not even given us News.

1 map?
Users have made 100's of maps.

Your problem is you don't give other indie companies a chance. If you did you'd realize 90% of them are SUPER active with their community and even if they don't update once every 2 weeks. They at least gives news and Communicate with Q/A on a weekly basis.

Stop acting like you are TW police. Because compared to a ton of indie developers with games the same size or bigger than TW they are doing a better job than TW is currently doing.

Upvote 0
This is a lost crusade, brother. Almost everyone on these forums will defend TWI even if TWI staff drives over and strangles their cat, because hey, it was probably for the greater good and TWI always knows what they're doing, right!

Nobody will listen to reason and most will try to gang up and trample over any legitimate complaints about how TWI handles ANYTHING.

I too think that so far the EAccess launch and post-launch development of the game has been a mess.

It has been one full month. No balance patches for the current perks, no real bugfixes for the myriad gameplay issues, no information on release dates for new perks, no release date for the new map, very little communication even on the official forums.

Everyone who has been in an EAccess game before will (understandably) start getting anxious at this point and start asking questions.

I already sent a refund request. Not sure if Steam even does refunds for EAccess games but they usually do refunds if you state your problem calmly and provide details on your refund reasoning.

Yep I know as bad as PWE or Cryptic, , the game is boring period, I got a commando to lvl 15 ,so I did put some time in, ok what to do next, kill more zombies, it's like world of planes, I'm the air, I'm in the again, boring, I haven't played a real good game since COD black ops, I bought COD BO2 sucked , never even finished the sp part, the whole video game industry sucks today, my clan is 4 years old we are mostly a fps clan, and we have been playing neverwinter for a year and a half now,evey week we look for a new fps to play, we did bf 3 bf 4 they suck too, as far as this game great graphics , not much to do , class roles are basically useless, you can run with 5 of any class, so class roles are of personal preference .even when the new game content comes out it will still be boring same game play different map,

Upvote 0
Yep I know as bad as PWE or Cryptic, , the game is boring period, I got a commando to lvl 15 ,so I did put some time in, ok what to do next, kill more zombies, it's like world of planes, I'm the air, I'm in the again, boring, I haven't played a real good game since COD black ops, I bought COD BO2 sucked , never even finished the sp part, the whole video game industry sucks today, my clan is 4 years old we are mostly a fps clan, and we have been playing neverwinter for a year and a half now,evey week we look for a new fps to play, we did bf 3 bf 4 they suck too, as far as this game great graphics , not much to do , class roles are basically useless, you can run with 5 of any class, so class roles are of personal preference .even when the new game content comes out it will still be boring same game play different map,

This is a period. Use it wisely.

Upvote 0
Historically TWI has never been very open or communicative with the community during game development. When they come up with something, you'll have the final version with very slim chances of changing it. They get very defensive if they don't get the feedback they want.

"Deal with it" is pretty much their motto.

Upvote 0
Historically TWI has never been very open or communicative with the community during game development. When they come up with something, you'll have the final version with very slim chances of changing it. They get very defensive if they don't get the feedback they want.

"Deal with it" is pretty much their motto.

Why the bleeding **** would they do an early access version if that is STILL their attitude, then? :confused:

Upvote 0
Next I have seen a lot of people posting in the bug report, with no acknowledgment of their hard earned work , as a free employee I want a report ; am I clear. I want weekly posts from Tripwire on what they are working on , and bug fixes.
They owe you nothing. Uninstall the game then if you cannot wait. There has been an update two weeks ago about Manor. Stop crying

Upvote 0
what is your idea of "regular updates"

please enlighten me

Bi-weekly for now and move to weekly when they actually have something to update on beyond "we are working on bugs"? What is the point of spending all your time making news updates if you have nothing to actually update on? Again, it's been a month today and they already had an info update out about what they are working on. Who knows, maybe when they do get more actually DONE they can report on what is next.

As stated over and over, what do you want them to really report on? Do you want them to specifically show you piece by piece how every bug was dealt with (which no other game company i know of does minus major bugs that stop game play entirely)?

You know what, i would be fine with weekly updates when they actually have something to update on, now i would rather then take the extra time and just spend on working instead of pointless "we found a bug!" posts which i honestly don't care about when people do it. Yes, i want to be included in the overall picture of what is happening at tripwire but i don't need an update every time someone sits down to work on something.

Seriously, everyone needs to chill the **** out with the "End of the world, they are abandoning Killing Floor 2, i sent in a refund already, this game is destined to fail !" bull****.

Upvote 0

You have a very negative mindset, chances are, you are going to be displeased with the final game either way, this entitled attitude from modern gamers is disgusting.

Upvote 0
Its rare that I get bored of playing a game especially one that I like, and Killing Floor 2 is no exception to this. I'm still playing it for a couple of hours each day. That being said, I think that for the sake of their community they need to release more content such as maps to keep more people interested. I know that quality matters over quantity, but people will always want to see some progress every couple of weeks. I think what bothers people the most is that TWI hasn't really been transparent of communicative during the Early Access. For people like me, this isn't a big deal but I can see why it bothers others.

Upvote 0
I want my Naginata!!!!

Do i have to travel to Japan to buy one ( if they now even would let foreigners buy such to bring outside Nippon )?

I want to slaughter Hans with a Naginata and all other zeds...!

Heeeeh!

PS! Are TWI only gunnuts? I hope someone is nuts with Martial Arts as well... Benny "The jet" Urquidez rules!!!!!
I like both the areas....for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does that explain why games made by "real" companies launch games as broken, unplayable piles of ****?
black ops had 2 patches done ,real company

what games and what companies are you talking about.

what is your statement some justification for your company's inability to make a decent launch and using other companies failures as your status quo,

Bravo, Bravo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
black ops had 2 patches done ,real company

Also the same company that didn't bother to patch the major balance problems with black ops 1 and just made a new game.

On top of that they nickle and dime you for every new map, weapon and thing released while having no custom mapping tool because they know people could make better maps than the ones they charge 5-15 dollars for.

Edit:
what games and what companies are you talking about

Ubisoft and EA, nuff said

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also the same company that didn't bother to patch the major balance problems with black ops 1 and just made a new game.

Edit:

Ubisoft and EA, nuff said
I rented 2 black ops severs the balance in the game was perfect, cod and cod uo a lot of fun, waw great sp story line, online sucked, but I fail to see your reasoning on cod bo as un balanced. and as I stated 2 patches done

In black ops they did charge for DLC maps, 15 bucks for 3 maps, but they never charged for new weapons or special items sorry buddy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I rented 2 black ops severs the balance in the game was perfect, cod and cod uo a lot of fun, waw great sp story line, online sucked, but I fail to see your reasoning on cod bo as un balanced. and as I stated 2 patches done

In black ops they did charge for DLC maps, 15 bucks for 3 maps, but they never charged for new weapons or special items sorry buddy

The first game had a major balance flaw where with the right perk combo and some luck you could have dogs and a gunship out in 5 kills (which normally take 11 kills) due to being able to re-roll any drop and they never, every patched this even though many people agreed that balance made the game amazingly unfun to play. Instead they just released a new game. On top of that the company is famous for nickle and dime dlc left and right so really it's far from a complete game at launch if you need to spend $15 every time just to get 2-3 new maps. They may have also never charged for guns but they charged for custom class slots with imo is much worse.

We are also talking about a company size difference, a development budget difference, and an exposure difference. Call of duty is a franchise that can make money no matter what it does, still makes money regardless of quality.

Upvote 0