• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

losing interest

Tired testers.
That is what you see here.

pRMnhTs.png

I wonder what they are up to? Headsets still on at 5:30.

BTW, did we say we'd let you know what we're working on every two weeks?
When was the last post about that?

Well, back to work...

I love the Black Flag flag lol!

Upvote 0
Wow seriously?
You are one of those new Gen gamers who let companies kick them in the arse and smile about it.
EVERY company even smaller indie ones do a better Job than TW, want to know why we complain? Because it's been 2 months and TW have not even given us News.

1 map?
Users have made 100's of maps.

Your problem is you don't give other indie companies a chance. If you did you'd realize 90% of them are SUPER active with their community and even if they don't update once every 2 weeks. They at least gives news and Communicate with Q/A on a weekly basis.

Stop acting like you are TW police. Because compared to a ton of indie developers with games the same size or bigger than TW they are doing a better job than TW is currently doing.

Users have made less than 30 maps, over half of which blow and are comprised of less than 2,000 objects and are bland as ****.

Bioticslap is like, 10,000 or more hand-placed objects and custom from scratch materials, many of which are purpose-made just for the map.

Upvote 0
Users have made less than 30 maps, over half of which blow and are comprised of less than 2,000 objects and are bland as ****.

Bioticslap is like, 10,000 or more hand-placed objects and custom from scratch materials, many of which are purpose-made just for the map.

Yeap.

Quality > Quantity every time. So the real question is how many Quality custom maps are out there at the standard TWI has set?

Upvote 0
Sometimes it's more about the map layout than flair. One of my favorites is Defend Thy Self which is a remake of castle defense (Castle Defense 2015 is awesome too). That map is bland as hell but it plays awesome. Biotics Lab may have all that unique stuff going on but I spend the entire match in the processing room running in circles to minimize teleport spam, so who cares? Also after playing PckOutpost, it looks like TWI made that map a lot bigger than what we have now, but it appears they thought it was too big and locked a door and added a gate to block off a large area. I like the way it plays with that area open. I also greatly prefer the removal of snow.

Sector C3, Bloodbank, Darkest Dungeon, and Sub Central are some great examples of well made community maps (that's just off the top of my head and it's more than what we were given). It is very impressive to see quality maps like those at this stage. I have almost completely stopped playing the 3 stock maps because I prefer the variety of the custom ones (no offense TWI :eek:), and I usually find better players there too. Custom maps is what keeps me playing every day. If we didn't have them I would have been burnt out after less than 50 hours. Manor does look awesome though from what I have seen. I can't wait to play that map. It looks like it has the creepy vibe from KF.

Upvote 0
nice, strong sense of entitlement buddy. Don't want to be their Early Access "tester"? don't play. you payed for the game during early access, you should've expected an early access quality game. (even though KF 2 is better than most EA games)

Posts like these should be a lesson to people on NOT TO BE LIKE THIS GUY.

"Entitlement"? Yes, every gamer who actually bought something from a dev has the ENTITLEMENT to send in feedback, no matter how dull it is. Why? Because they actually paid with their hard-earned cash to someone else for their piece of work because of their "promises" (I put that in quotation because it doesn't necessarily mean actual promises devs made, but rather the info provided on the game when you see on Steam, etc.).

In fact, I don't think you even KNOW the definition of Entitlement, so here:

Entitlement in layman's terms: The Fact of having a right to something. You know who else has entitlement?

Customers. Your regular, shopping, cart-pushing customers have entitlement to criticize/send feedback to the very store they're in, along with what the store provides. Gamers are also a subtype of the general term "Customer". The fact you're pushing this 'anti-entitlement' crap on here is kind of laughable.

OT: Yeah, it's getting boring and the lack of players on servers makes it harder to enjoy it, but with friends I totally jump on for a good time.

Upvote 0
Posts like these should be a lesson to people on NOT TO BE LIKE THIS GUY.

"Entitlement"? Yes, every gamer who actually bought something from a dev has the ENTITLEMENT to send in feedback, no matter how dull it is. Why? Because they actually paid with their hard-earned cash to someone else for their piece of work because of their "promises" (I put that in quotation because it doesn't necessarily mean actual promises devs made, but rather the info provided on the game when you see on Steam, etc.).

In fact, I don't think you even KNOW the definition of Entitlement, so here:

Entitlement in layman's terms: The Fact of having a right to something. You know who else has entitlement?

Customers. Your regular, shopping, cart-pushing customers have entitlement to criticize/send feedback to the very store they're in, along with what the store provides. Gamers are also a subtype of the general term "Customer". The fact you're pushing this 'anti-entitlement' crap on here is kind of laughable.

OT: Yeah, it's getting boring and the lack of players on servers makes it harder to enjoy it, but with friends I totally jump on for a good time.

Yes, but there is a BIG difference in going "So, when are we going to get more updates" and rolling up, pimp slapping a dev and going "*****, gimmie three fitty" while acting like you own them.

Wanting more info doesn't make you entitled, treating the devs like a doormat by claiming they are not a real company and talking down to them because you bought their game does. Seriously, that kind of attitude is bull****. In fact, it's not even about entitlement, it's about being a disrespectful little asshole.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, but there is a BIG difference in going "So, when are we going to get more updates" and rolling up, pimp slapping a dev and going "*****, gimmie three fitty" while acting like you own them.

Wanting more info doesn't make you entitled, treating the devs like a doormat by claiming they are not a real company and talking down to them because you bought their game does. Seriously, that kind of attitude is bull****. In fact, it's not even about entitlement, it's about being a disrespectful little asshole.

that's understandable, though my point was about feedback, and not forcing devs on the ground and whatnot. Goodpoints.

Upvote 0
losing even more interest

losing even more interest

1 patch note there should have been was fixing the key bind issue , if you search "key bind" many people have a problem with this. way to listen TW. It really couldn't be hard to fix.but I for got they are very busy and still with headphones on at 5 pm, short staffed , glad there isn't a war going on.

The content of the game so far, boring, this game does not scream to me "PLAY ME"

One thing I cant take away from TW, great graphics , but so what.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah I'll be honest I'm playing it less and less. But not out of boredom or nothing, I know it's going to be a staple of my blood diet when everything's done. Just not too much content, which obviously isn't a permanent thing.

People say they lose interest but you all want same as me, buckets of blood and co-operative slaughter. You'll have it, in time, but be patient. Surely there's other things you can do during this time also?

It's important not to burn yourself out on stuff you enjoy, lest you lose the flavour.

Upvote 0
Ah I'll be honest I'm playing it less and less. But not out of boredom or nothing, I know it's going to be a staple of my blood diet when everything's done. Just not too much content, which obviously isn't a permanent thing.

People say they lose interest but you all want same as me, buckets of blood and co-operative slaughter. You'll have it, in time, but be patient. Surely there's other things you can do during this time also?

It's important not to burn yourself out on stuff you enjoy, lest you lose the flavour.

I appreciate your upbeat and positive attitude. I never played KF1 and far as I'm concerned this is a new game. I could care less about kf1 this isn't kf 1 expansion . from what I see a lot of the players are living in the past. and I do read alot of feed back in the forums. I'm more of a COD unreal tourny kina guy, but I do like the zombies in cod, I pleayd left for dead 2,wich has the same premise as this game, but lets be real here how long can you keep just killing zombies, I have like 30 hrs in the game.every map is the same thing different paint, atleast in cod or BF or unreal there is ctf , s&d , dem,tdm, ffa.dom, sorry the game is mediocre. and it's worth the 30 bucks. you get what you pay for.I just cant see anything spectacular going to happen.you don't need a diversified team, 5 of any class will win. all ya gawt is kill zombies.I realy can't see them making this game any more fun than what I've seen already .other than the graphics , boring.

Upvote 0

Same here. What's stopping going ape is the possible maybe perk wipe, so got support on 20 and stopped going to public's and waited when some friends, in the end after kf1 track record and with me Im doing my play time differently and want to pace my self with KF2.

Upvote 0
I appreciate your upbeat and positive attitude. I never played KF1 and far as I'm concerned this is a new game. I could care less about kf1 this isn't kf 1 expansion . from what I see a lot of the players are living in the past. and I do read alot of feed back in the forums. I'm more of a COD unreal tourny kina guy, but I do like the zombies in cod, I pleayd left for dead 2,wich has the same premise as this game, but lets be real here how long can you keep just killing zombies, I have like 30 hrs in the game.every map is the same thing different paint, atleast in cod or BF or unreal there is ctf , s&d , dem,tdm, ffa.dom, sorry the game is mediocre. and it's worth the 30 bucks. you get what you pay for.I just cant see anything spectacular going to happen.you don't need a diversified team, 5 of any class will win. all ya gawt is kill zombies.I realy can't see them making this game any more fun than what I've seen already .other than the graphics , boring.

Ah but you see! There will be game modes I assume. More than wave based survival.

I am one of these KF1 players but I can agree that new things and changes are a good thing, it's how we progress. But like I say, that price tag will cover a lot more content 6 months from now.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but you could do what I have done in the past: You have paid for the game, it is not finished and you don't want it to burn out before you play with the upcoming toys. So what I did was bought said game, tried it, and honestly left it for 5-6 months or something. Did this with Lichdom: Battlemage, came back to a complete game pretty much and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Again, likely unpopular as it doesn't give TWI feedback, but it's your time and you should spend it well.

Upvote 0
This might sound shocking but the thing that's good about KF is the core gameplay. A game doesn't need to have a buttload of padding and sugar on top of it to be enjoyable if it's just plain fun to play. COD and BF gameplay is boring compared to KF IMO so any amount of content doesn't make them better for me. KF is comparable to games like Serious Sam, Painkiller and the oh-so-good Shadow Warrior which are all relatively simplistic games but great because they are FUN to play, not because they have tons of gamemodes and whatnot.

Also if you don't like the game why do you still keep posting here? They aren't gonna change the game to appeal to your tastes exclusively if you don't enjoy it a bit. There's tons of COD clones for you to choose from. I don't even know what you expected buying a game blind.

Upvote 0
This might sound shocking but the thing that's good about KF is the core gameplay. A game doesn't need to have a buttload of padding and sugar on top of it to be enjoyable if it's just plain fun to play. COD and BF gameplay is boring compared to KF IMO so any amount of content doesn't make them better for me. KF is comparable to games like Serious Sam, Painkiller and the oh-so-good Shadow Warrior which are all relatively simplistic games but great because they are FUN to play, not because they have tons of gamemodes and whatnot.

Also if you don't like the game why do you still keep posting here? They aren't gonna change the game to appeal to your tastes exclusively if you don't enjoy it a bit. There's tons of COD clones for you to choose from. I don't even know what you expected buying a game blind.

I will say I agree with the first paragraph certainly, the enjoyment comes from caving skulls and plugging zeds, it's satisfying.

I also say that being someone who has enjoyed/played many games for a long time which most others considered "highly repetitive" and all that.

Upvote 0
I also say that being someone who has enjoyed/played many games for a long time which most others considered "highly repetitive" and all that.
I think almost all games are really repetitive at core, but that's where the enjoyment comes from. Even the most simplistic or old games can be enjoyable just for the sake of fun gameplay if you can get past the lack of icing on top.

Upvote 0
I think almost all games are really repetitive at core, but that's where the enjoyment comes from. Even the most simplistic or old games can be enjoyable just for the sake of fun gameplay if you can get past the lack of icing on top.

Agreed, though I'm less sensitive to repetition as I take joy in the little things.

Got nearly 400 hours in l4d2, the groups I've played with can be fun loving or serious and really hate losing, but what actually kept me playing all that time were little things like how shotguns perforate enemies, how molotovs lit the place up, being "lord of zombies" with bile bombs, just little things. I enjoy all of those even today.

Upvote 0

how can you say cod is boring, to compare a 60 dollar game to a 30 dollar game, I mean really , why I keep posting, I watched all the you tube dev contents , and I was excited I might find a new game for my guild only to be disappointed again, many have posted on the bug report , with zero acknowledgement, yeah you all listen well, your patch notes sucked, you didn't fix anything, and from wht I've read the responses on " what we are doing now" you all aint doen that well.

and to compare this game to serious sam really. that's lol. sam had huge maps monster content was very varied, end boss fight fun. this aint no serious sam game , maybe pac man

Last edited:
Upvote 0