• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kreigstadt Beta 4...the best map out

• Thread starter American_Psycho
  • Start date
I as well as others I have talked to suffer from little to no issues in regard to performance, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't make it better. DrGuppy has given me a long list of things to do to improve performance, and I'm still doing some work on code assets to get network optimization up, so that larger servers should hopefully be running more sustainable pings and players can experience superior frames.

Upvote 0
Man I just raked in 130 machine gun kills as a German on RTR.... That map rocks!!!!!!
I raked a 40 or so kill streak as a soviet Strelok by picking up Degtyarevs (I melted 2...) on the Moltke Bridge and setting them on the engine block of the detroyed HT on the middle of the bridge, where I could cover both the left hand side building and the two upper floors of the right hand side one. Stayed alive there like for 10 minutes, fired like 40 mags or so... That felt good.... Thank you to all people who gave me ammo !

Upvote 0
No offence to the RTR guys, but I can't play Kriegs on their server. The performance is sooo bad right now. Hopefully they'll reduce the amount of slots sometime soon. I've played this on servers in Germany with a 176 ping and it didnt have nearly as much packet loss and/or warping as the RTR server here in the States. If you're in NA, you should try playing this map on the CoreNA server or there is also a server in Texas (cant remember the name) that runs it very smoothly.

Upvote 0
No offence to the RTR guys, but I can't play Kriegs on their server. The performance is sooo bad right now. Hopefully they'll reduce the amount of slots sometime soon. I've played this on servers in Germany with a 176 ping and it didnt have nearly as much packet loss and/or warping as the RTR server here in the States. If you're in NA, you should try playing this map on the CoreNA server or there is also a server in Texas (cant remember the name) that runs it very smoothly.
I think people should do alot of research before they order servers so they know what they want (parts). Alot seem to just be like ordering pizza "yeah I'll take a 50 slot". Do they even know what's in them? Probably not the best. For instance AMD opteron is known to destroy the xeon in many critical aspects yet all I ever hear about is xeon this xeon that. Yeah Intel's marketing plan has been a total success I'll give them that. I can't say I've been on a smooth running 50 player server yet.

Upvote 0
I think people should do alot of research before they order servers so they know what they want (parts). Alot seem to just be like ordering pizza "yeah I'll take a 50 slot". Do they even know what's in them? Probably not the best. For instance AMD opteron is known to destroy the xeon in many critical aspects yet all I ever hear about is xeon this xeon that. Yeah Intel's marketing plan has been a total success I'll give them that. I can't say I've been on a smooth running 50 player server yet.

Eh, I thought the "new" conroe (xenon for servers) ate Opterons for breakfast.

Upvote 0
Eh, I thought the "new" conroe (xenon for servers) ate Opterons for breakfast.
I don't know maybe it does but regardless I haven't found a full 50 player server that wasn't lagging to hell so I gotta wonder what their specs are and if customers even know or better yet research what they are getting for their money. And I know it's not completely my PCs fault because this also happens in areas where my framerates should be good. It must be the servers choking.

Upvote 0
Please refer to the following photos:

Circa 1900, looking toward the Reichstag

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/EvilHobo/Historic/Berlin/moltke_bruecke_berlin.jpg

Postcard image. The building on the left was a Colonial Museum which lost funding and was apparently destroyed due to lack of funding, disappearing from Berlin maps at some point after 1928.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/EvilHobo/Historic/Berlin/Berlin__Lehrter_Bahnhof_300.jpg

Image of the Moltke Bridge area from the K

Upvote 0
I raked a 40 or so kill streak as a soviet Strelok by picking up Degtyarevs (I melted 2...) on the Moltke Bridge and setting them on the engine block of the detroyed HT on the middle of the bridge, where I could cover both the left hand side building and the two upper floors of the right hand side one. Stayed alive there like for 10 minutes, fired like 40 mags or so... That felt good.... Thank you to all people who gave me ammo !
I routinely snap screen shots of extra cool moments/scenes. Yours was one of those: [URL=http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot01571mm8.png][/URL]

Upvote 0
Yes, cheers to Kriegstadt - absolutely a trip to play.

Bad moment: The PaK 43's were having severe technical difficulties. I and everyone who tried to operate them, were only able to fire one round, then it wouldn't fire again after the reload icon was ready. Is there another key control I should have read about? The perimeter coverage at the bridge was sufficient to block the tank advance, but again, one shot and gone....

Thanks for the correct Z.F. 3 x 8 ! ;)

Great moment: The Pantherturm. It serves honorably and earns it's Iron Cross over and over again...tough and sturdy and all it needs is a friendly to watch each corner of the street for which way to go....noticed the rounds don't necessarily penetrate the russian tanks to cause explosion, but it does knock'em out...the Pantherturm is a heroic piece of gear! I only found one, are there more?

Pantherturm improvement - possibly a Turmbeobachtsfernrohr (observation scope) or scissor scope/SF to be able to watch sides more quickly, or maybe allow another player to observe from commander's spot w/o having to raise head...but anyway...great feature!

Upvote 0
PaK43s need manual tank shell reloading enabled to work, this is a bug that popped up with the latest patch as the guns were functioning perfectly fine before that in the alpha test sessions held with AHz, and the testers can attest to such. The next vehicle pack from AHz should address a number of issues with the AT Gun code, and I imagine Teufelhund will work on the reloading problem. It's something which I think lies in the base AT Gun code as like I said the weapon worked before the patch, and of course I'm not going to tamper with the base code.

And you don't have me to thank for the proper sights. ;)

In regard to the Pantherturm, there is only one present in the map and it is like a bunker in its own right. There is an actual "Pantherturm" AT emplacement in the works and will be based on the Panther Ausf. D turret. I don't consider an observation scope a necessity however, due to the combat ranges.

Upvote 0
Yes, cheers to Kriegstadt - absolutely a trip to play.
Bad moment: The PaK 43's were having severe technical difficulties. I and everyone who tried to operate them, were only able to fire one round, then it wouldn't fire again after the reload icon was ready. Is there another key control I should have read about? The perimeter coverage at the bridge was sufficient to block the tank advance, but again, one shot and gone....

It surfaced with the latest patch and the manual reloading. It will get fixed with the upcoming vehicle release. I know it's a pain in the arse for everyone playing this map.

Thanks for the correct Z.F. 3 x 8 ! ;)

No problem. I'll get you the pics as promised.

Upvote 0
Good map, remindes me of Gorlitz which also was an assault map with the attacks having the only tanks. That also had 7/24 servers running it until people burned out and the map vanished from the servers :(.

Do find the uniforms cause lots of TKs on the Allied side. While the Germans can just kill advancing troops, Allies have issues like getting shot by your supporting troops while you're trying to clear out a building. The support troops just see similar coloured inf running past windows. While you might make an agrument that it would be realistic, doesn't stop the fact it gives you TKs in the game and people getting kicked who could be your best team players doing their job.

T.

Upvote 0
We found the problem with the Pak43 reload issue. It not caused by the TWI patch or even my original code. It was the result of a change to remove the firing and reload sounds. Thus, the bug. Problem solved.

In the short term, Hobo and I can figure out the best way to quickly solve this and get a new file to him so the gun is usable in his map. In the long term, before we release the vehicle pack, I'll add code that will allow the mapper to bypass the reload/firing sounds during play if they so choose.

Cheers, Teuf

Upvote 0