• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kreigstadt Beta 4...the best map out

• Thread starter American_Psycho
  • Start date
I always enjoyed Gorlitz and at the time thought it was one of the best maps on RO for the epic feeling of urban combat that it tried to simulate. Unfortunately that map quickly lost appeal to most North American servers for some reason. This map improves on Gorlitz considerably! As mentioned before the sinister atmosphere it creates is itself enough to paralyze a 14-year old Volkssturm recruit thrown into the carnage. The uniforms are great, not nearly as cartoonish as the original ones were. Tracers are an improvement but need to be stretched a bit and the German side needs at least one sniper to make the experience even more lethal for the advancing Soviets. Had a great experience charging the Moltke bridge last night. Pinned down at the pillars we convinced the JS-2 to advance forward and provide cover for us as we broke through. It was amazing, charging behind the tank with at least 15 guys, fighting for precious cover while seeing others around you fall in screams of agony. We negotiated the final barricade and broke out into the buildings to cap the final flag.

Upvote 0
...and the German side needs at least one sniper to make the experience even more lethal for the advancing Soviets.

The advance for the Soviets is already extremely lethal if the Germans are playing properly. No sniper is needed, and I'm pleased that this map didn't feel the need to include EVERY class availible.

Upvote 0
I'm telling you,
Kriegstadt + no deathmessages = pure win :cool:
If there is any map that brings out that old mod-atmosphere i had back then, then it is this one :)
I love it how difficult it is to spot soldiers, especially thanks to the custom skins etc. It brings back the slower pace and carefull playing i used to love about RO, instead of the ppsh/mp40 spamfests most maps are these days.

Upvote 0