• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kreigstadt Beta 4...the best map out

• Thread starter American_Psycho
  • Start date
Epic map. I'm horribly addicted to it. The distances? Like they should be. The only difficulty I first had was of course, the uniforms. Two tks, and I could tell some others had trouble too with the sight range (quite a few times I was horribly maimed by a team-mate). But after getting used to it, and using communication, the map is excellent. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
I played as a tanker almost the whole way through (baby woke at 2 a.m.) and a little bit as a rifleman at the end. Love the map -- that's about all I can say. And I haven't even been inside a building yet.

In re performance: Folks were complaining of hits, but some of it seemed to be the server. I got usable performance (as low as 7 fps) on a really awful box that typically gets 15-20 fps on small maps. This is still significantly better than some maps (like Leningrad) that I've played.

Wonderful work! I look forward to playing it more, if I can ever get caught up on my sleep. =)

Upvote 0
Please help! sound!

Please help! sound!

Last night I was playing this map on thr <RTR> right to rebel server, I think. The weapon sounds were modded and they were awesome! does anyone know how I can make them my default since I downlaoded them when I joined the server. Or where I can find them! I beg you they made my game so much better!

Upvote 0
I was finally able to play this map last night on the RTR server with less lag than usual and I must say this is one of the best maps I have played since Snowy Forest. The seventy minutes we had to play seemed too short, it was over so quick. The last stand over the bridge was epic, I haven't felt this way about this game since I bought it. The dug in panther was great too, and the new tracers!

The only problem I could see was the paks stopped firing after one shot, then someone said we have to turn manual tank reloading on. Oui, I wish I knew that before they were all blown up.

I just wish I had a better computer for this.

Upvote 0
Last night I was playing this map on thr <RTR> right to rebel server, I think. The weapon sounds were modded and they were awesome! does anyone know how I can make them my default since I downlaoded them when I joined the server. Or where I can find them! I beg you they made my game so much better!
What you mean the sound mod they are running with recycled COD2 sounds, man I musts say it's a rarity to find someone that actually likes that thing. Everyone I know who's played the server agrees that it sounds terrible!

Dead set the StG44 sounds like an electric type writer :D

Upvote 0
What you mean the sound mod they are running with recycled COD2 sounds, man I musts say it's a rarity to find someone that actually likes that thing. Everyone I know who's played the server agrees that it sounds terrible!

Dead set the StG44 sounds like an electric type writer :D

Thats the thing! I didint like the stg44 sound or kar sound from the cod 2 pack becuase I alreday have it. on RTR they were using somethign differnt. The only one that soudned like cod 2 was the mp40, the stg44 and kar were deeep sounding and very nice! it got me very excited!

Upvote 0
That 716 sound mod is horrible. Horrible. I have an M38 and there is no way in hell it sounds as pathetic as the M44..same rifle, add permanent bayonet. The sounds in general are horrible...did I mention that? RTR should do themselves right and dump that CoD2 crap.

As for FPS, the map needs work. It's just too tough to play it with yellow and purple numbers and I am running a dual core 4200+ with dual 7800GTs at 1600x1200, all the fancy stuff turned off. Just rough. Pings go through the roof, adding to the frustration, maybe just that night but between the dark lighting and technical challenges, I get headaches. Oh, and the sound mod really sucks. Thought I would be sure to get that in there.

Upvote 0