• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Retail German Release Changes

It's sad to hear how much the German population is controlled and manipulated so that they're not even allowed to play a fictitious game that isn't even real to try and have a little bit of fun so they don't have to think about how much they've been getting the shaft by banks and their own 'leaders.'

The once proud and technically and philosophically proficient Germans... :(

Upvote 0
It's sad to hear how much the German population is controlled and manipulated so that they're not even allowed to play a fictitious game that isn't even real to try and have a little bit of fun so they don't have to think about how much they've been getting the shaft by banks and their own 'leaders.'

The once proud and technically and philosophically proficient Germans... :(

What a drama, they can just buy the uncut version per Amazon I think. : P

Upvote 0
I knew the USK wouldnt allow an Uncut release :( Thank god that i purchased it on the offical steam release and still have all the gory glory^^
And it seems that the german version isnt german at all. No German text so far, "poor performance indeed".
Well, then our german Mod isn

Upvote 0
German files are up :) unfortunately my game is now cut, and my Nickname in Game is changed to "fresh meat" :(

It looks like something slipped by that is forcing low gore when the German language is used, and we'll update the game early next week to fix it. In the meantime, as long as you purchased your copy of KF before this Monday, the following should get you gore even in German.

Browse to the Killing FLoor System folder which should be in:
<Steam Install Dir>\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System

Then find the file Engine.det.

Browse for the section [GameInfo] and set the bAlternateMode=false.

That will get you gore even when playing in German, but only if you have a Steam version purchased before this Monday, or a non German retail version.

Upvote 0
Shinobi

Shinobi

Thx for the fix. Works for me 2. Hm would there also be a way to change the language back to english. I think it sounds way better. Not that the translation isnt done well but i kinda got used to it :) Plus the editor changed to german 2 and its somehow confusing me. But well if its not possible i get used to it also.
:rolleyes:

Edit: NVM just saw yoshis post bout : Just change the steam language and its back to english. Thx

Last edited:
Upvote 0
only thing is that i bought kf BEFORE march 22 but i have the cut version now...
(bought when it was for 7 euros on steam at xmas sale)
any help?

It looks like something slipped by that is forcing low gore when the German language is used, and we'll update the game early next week to fix it. In the meantime, as long as you purchased your copy of KF before this Monday, the following should get you gore even in German.

That will get you gore even when playing in German, but only if you have a Steam version purchased before this Monday, or a non German retail version.

In case you missed it :)

Upvote 0

Because players keep asking apparantly without reading this.... They know about it, are working to fix it, and offered a possible temporary solution :)

Upvote 0