• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-PrideHill

Yo,
lovely map you got there.

Spoiler , i dont know how to warn -.-' (stupid breakfast, stupid breakfast)

BUT i have to say its not very good to place those phones inside traders. You need to press E to pick up and i dont think many players will notice that you need to leave the menu fast enough to read (and most of them dont know the console lol). And also i think its not worth it to do all that stuff for a few dosh :eek: . The Fire Alarm is sooooooooooooo annoying if you dont know why theres alarm. you think a door is open or something else if you dont know why theres fire alarm... and then you see oh its just that button. whats the sense behind it ?
dont get me wrong with all that criticism its still a pretty nice map ;)

Reactions: KiCk3R
Upvote 0
Yo,
lovely map you got there.

Spoiler , i dont know how to warn -.-' (stupid breakfast, stupid breakfast)

BUT i have to say its not very good to place those phones inside traders. You need to press E to pick up and i dont think many players will notice that you need to leave the menu fast enough to read (and most of them dont know the console lol). And also i think its not worth it to do all that stuff for a few dosh :eek: . The Fire Alarm is sooooooooooooo annoying if you dont know why theres alarm. you think a door is open or something else if you dont know why theres fire alarm... and then you see oh its just that button. whats the sense behind it ?
dont get me wrong with all that criticism its still a pretty nice map ;)

Cheers for the feedback, you are most welcome to criticize however you wish :)

Regarding the phone pick-ups, Yes. It is annoying when you press "E" that it brings up the trader menu. I was thinking of using an overlay on the players screen, however I never got round to it.

I guess you would have to rely on another player to read the story!

The fire alarm is just a hidden feature in the map. Little hidden eggs around the place! - The sense behind it? - Because I can :D .

Regarding adding extra spawns, there is a good possibility il open it up and edit it again.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
most people don't like using exe's to install something you copy and paste to a single folder, for example maps. I personally am against map exe installers.
Most? I think quite opposite. MOST players even don't know where to look for killingfloor directory and to be honest they don't need to because they are players not IT guys. One file to unpack? Well yes nowadays you put everything in myLevel - so one file, but when RedOrchestra came there was order and every map with custom content had "subpackages" in animation, sounds etc., so that is why we (RO.PL) started to make our installers.
Last part (not yet spoken at this thread but in others already) is TRUST to exe files... Those put by me are made by RO.PL staff and are trusted by RO Community and MOST KF one.
But ok nevertheless it hurts our feelings (who cares, right) here is link for incredulity Thomas http://kf.hlds.pl/download/KF-PrideHill.zip

Upvote 0
Most? I think quite opposite. MOST players even don't know where to look for killingfloor directory and to be honest they don't need to because they are players not IT guys. One file to unpack? Well yes nowadays you put everything in myLevel - so one file, but when RedOrchestra came there was order and every map with custom content had "subpackages" in animation, sounds etc., so that is why we (RO.PL) started to make our installers.
Last part (not yet spoken at this thread but in others already) is TRUST to exe files... Those put by me are made by RO.PL staff and are trusted by RO Community and MOST KF one.
But ok nevertheless it hurts our feelings (who cares, right) here is link for incredulity Thomas http://kf.hlds.pl/download/KF-PrideHill.ziphttp://kf.hlds.pl/download/KF-PrideHill.zip

If you include a nice read-me, they usually will know what to do by then (if they read the damn thing). Also, please try to find a way to add the elevator, as it makes it a nicer and more interesting map.

Upvote 0
But ok nevertheless it hurts our feelings (who cares, right) here is link for incredulity Thomas [url]http://kf.hlds.pl/download/KF-PrideHill.zip[/URL]
I was not making any sort of comment to say your not trusted. If some random person came along to find custom maps and found out it's a .exe, people get wary. That's all im saying.

If you include a nice read-me, they usually will know what to do by then (if they read the damn thing).
This is the solution that every author should do, make a nice simple and easily read read-me.

Upvote 0
Just an update regarding this map;

I'm just putting the finishing touches to this map. Main changes are;

- lighting is toned down
- added lift in the elevator shaft
- added more shops
- added zone portals (none before!!!)
- changed a few things around
- improved path nodes

I am considering adding a set of stairs. I may add it later.

Any other requests?

Upvote 0