• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-MountainPass_Beta1

I, too, second the notion that the map is too dark. The lighting itself appears to be fine, but there's a dark blue filter/overlay/whatever effect that blots the whole screen. The first screenshots you attached look quite nice and balanced as they are, but of course that's not what the map actually looks like in-game.

Upvote 0
I think that's maybe your color correction wich is activated. The color correction in the KF engine, is directly linked with your fog. I don't know if you know that.
You can try to set in your zoneInfo "NoColorCorrection" (or something like that) to "True".
Be carreful, because the colorCorrection is only visible ingame. You can't see your final render in the editor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that's maybe your color correction wich is activated. The color correction in the KF engine, is directly linked with your fog. I don't know if you know that.
You can try to set in your zoneInfo "NoColorCorrection" (or something like that) to "True".
Be carreful, because the colorCorrection is only visible ingame. You can't see your final render in the editor.

Yup, I'm aware of this. Just doing some tests to see if I can get it to look good.

Upvote 0
Hello.

Hello.

First off great map. I may have to take a look at the editor to see how you did some stuff. So I can learn how to do it myself.:D

I did however find one problem. In one of the node spawn area's built into the overpass. Several stalkers where stuck. Like 9 of them. We where able to kill them off as they stuck a head out just far enough. However it still may be an issue to look at. See image below.

mountainpass.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm just finishing up Beta 2 over the next few days and wanted to get any last minute input before I release it. Here's the current list of things I have changed.

Beta 2 Changelog

+ Added 3 new custom vehicle statics to make the road slightly more difficult.
+ Added some additional zombie spawns to make the road harder and force players into the woods more often.
* Changed the overall lighting and KF colour correction values.
* Tweaked numerous cull distances to prevent popping or help optimization.
* Modified the uppermost entrance of the road tunnel to prevent a minor exploit involving a door.
+ Added a blocking volume to prevent players from getting on top of the VW van at the campsite.
+ Added more detail to the map.
* Optimized the grass slightly and added more.
* Fixed an issue where stalkers would get stuck in one of their spawns.
* Extended the stream pipes inwards to make them look more realistic.
* Modified serveral blocking volumes throughout the map.
* Moved / added / deleted numerous path nodes.
* Tweaked the lighting in several areas.
* Changed the values on several zombie spawns to increase the pressure on players in certain areas.
* Adjusted the terrain in several places.
+ Increased the fog distance from 12000 to 14000.
+ Added a spark emitter to the campsite fire.
* Redid the flashing police lights.
* Replaced all large pipes with a different model.
+ Added smoke to all of the fire emitters.

Upvote 0
I'm just finishing up Beta 2 over the next few days and wanted to get any last minute input before I release it. Here's the current list of things I have changed.
One of the best maps I've ever seen, can't wait b2 release...
Please, make night version of this map for hardcore gamers (realistic darker as possible to motivate use flashlights).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think a night version would work even better. It would have the scarey Blair Witch Project feel like Trailofwoods.
I don't understand why people don't made night versions of maps. There is no fear when you can see and shoot enemies from a distance.
I have to change lighting on the maps and change the location of spawnpoints to achieve the desired effect. It's nice to see reaction of players appeared on the map in the darkness and solitude. :D
But it valid only for large maps. (like KF-Farm)

Last edited:
Upvote 0