• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this Morally Incorrect or what?

Morally incorrect? Sounds it bit to much don't you think? :p

Well the way I see it, if you still need to download the original source file (well in this case, a forgotten weapon that has been ripped and uploaded multiple times by multiple servers, and Hemi no longer cares for) from the original creator in order for it to work, then it should be good, if not better then a simple credit.

@Skell: You can call it garbage, but he gets a **** ton of downloads, even as simple as a retexture of a golden AK47 painted only 1 color, 3 times.

Edit: Whiskey doesnt mind, he already commented on it. Also this will cause a mismatch with this version that was already released (which is also in my guns weapons list).
IDRPGTurret

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is a shame, but we are fighting a hopeless battle. Mismatch heaven was always a probability with this many mods for 1 simple game. Things get ripped to shreds, just like we do with other games :p. Meaning getting stuff from other IP's into KF.

Content is content and as long as you guys are happy with it, and it wont cause a mismatch, then go for it. Though a little credit might be in place of course. Creating new animations/textures/UVMaps is a pain in the *** sometimes. :)

In this case though... The guy is beeing an *** about it. And clearly doesn't care about mismatches etc.

The turret was originally from AVP2, we only added new textures and animations. It was meant for the first release of the Aliens mod, but later got scrapped for that because the RPG mod used it.

Upvote 0
It is a shame, but we are fighting a hopeless battle. Mismatch heaven was always a probability with this many mods for 1 simple game. Things get ripped to shreds, just like we do with other games :p. Meaning getting stuff from other IP's into KF.

Content is content and as long as you guys are happy with it, and it wont cause a mismatch, then go for it. Though a little credit might be in place of course. Creating new animations/textures/UVMaps is a pain in the *** sometimes. :)

In this case though... The guy is beeing an *** about it. And clearly doesn't care about mismatches etc.

The turret was originally from AVP2, we only added new textures and animations. It was meant for the first release of the Aliens mod, but later got scrapped for that because the RPG mod used it.

You should at least say something about it....

Upvote 0
I don't mean this as an insult but Malware(***Stuxnet*** on the forums) and those 2 OSV guys' primary language is french. They probably don't know what a version mismatch is or, if they know about it, probably don't know how to avoid it.

How do I know this? Malware and Las Noches have both added me on Steam to ask me questions about stuff. Luckily for me, my first language is also french so I didn't have much of a problem talking to them. However, before I found out they spoke french, communication was slow and constantly being misunderstood.

Side Note: I only helped Malware a little with the perk code. Las Noches said he added me for help on coding custom weapons but never actually asked for help - I'm not responsible for any of the items he has uploaded to the Workshop.

Upvote 0
I am unable to express myself properly in English so I'll keep it simple even if I want to say more. You are ridiculous absoulment is very very silly. persone should tell me if I should do, I created my skin for pleasure and my passion killing floor.

PS:unlike you bunch of jealous idiot. the creator of the Tourel was very very nice to me

Upvote 0
After getting the following message on Steam, I feel like I need to make something clear.
Code:
OSV<Las.Noches: insult me here instead of doing it on my back asshole
I was not trying to insulting you; that wasn't my intention. My intention was to point out that I am aware people who don't speak English as their first language may misunderstand and disregard things written in English. As I said before, French was my first language. I am aware of the difficulties of switching between languages. I was fortunate enough to learn both of them and know them fluently at a young age but I still can understand the effort it takes to work between languages.

Upvote 0
Ok...we all need to relax a bit.

The mutator was fixed, the mismatch problem was fixed. Some ego's were stepped on, and language barriers caused confusion.

6c5d6f1b9fbc6c1e458dba54d8cc828cea56185270db86a8c3f0deddf7a715a8.jpg

Upvote 0