• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Humble Bundle Week!

188586 bundles sold

To make things even more enticing, how about a correct guess (closer than John) on sales numbers and a purchase through the Humble Bundle gets the winner a free RS key and TW has to post a pic with John holding a sign that says "<insert winners name> is AWESOME!"

Only if they get to shoot at the sign in the desert with a MkB afterwards :p, really can't wait till the community map pack comes out and you see servers with the neglected Arad 2 and damn Stalingradkessel.

You guys choose the perfect time to do this , really better then those random sales on steam you guys had where nothing was happening.

Upvote 0
ok i'll go for that. But lets make the bet even more interesting. I'll throw out my own guess, and whoever wins has to get closer than i did. If someone gets closer than me, i'll give them a free copy of rising storm. If i get closer than everyone else, the person closest to me still gets a free copy of rising storm, but has to post a picture of themselves on the forums holding a sign that says "tripwire is awesome!" :)

so my bet is 350,000 copies of the bundle sold. Let the games begin :)

Upvote 0
I would put a rough estimate of 340,000 copies sold at an amount of $800,000 to $1,000,000,, since the amount sold in 24 hours was at around 60,000 copies at around $150,000, and factoring in that sales can possibly slow down over the entire duration of this sale.

Before I start, I understand this might not be exactly the right place to post my statement and that it might seem very off-topic, not to mention that this is posted in the RO section. However, I believe that this is a message that many players of the KF Community, including myself, would like to make to the TWI staff, including Ramm-Jaeger and Yoshiro themselves who have seen the growth of KF over the last two to three years.

Aside from that, I think this sale would help support the development of KF2 since it requires a large amount of a new UE3 license (which, if I remember correctly, cost at least $250,000 (for a license that requires royalties to be paid periodically) to $500,000 (for a license that would require no royalties to be paid at all), not to mention that the cost for salaries need to be factored in as well). Currently, there is a good percentage of the KF Community (at least 70% to 80%) who are hoping for a KF sequel using UE3 as the KF community, whether it be the general gaming population or the modding population, can benefit greatly from this. Also, the use of the UE3 engine would allow for more potential for growth in the game community (not to mention that it will bring back a lot of interest back into KF itself and TWI's games). The use of the UE3 engine is already no stranger to TWI, as it is used in RO2:HOS and that it should be greatly visible to the RO players that the performance of the game (in terms of graphics and etc.) and its mechanics is a large leap compared to RO:Ostfront, which is largely owed to the capabilities of the UE3 Engine (and the fact that it supports the usage of a large amount of memory, multithreading, and the most important of all, a 64-bit support for both the game and dedicated servers). Similarly, a KF sequel using the UE3 would be able to meet the same level of performance and potential as RO2:HOS did, if not better.

In addition, the use of the UE3 engine would eliminate the hardcoded memory limit which UE2.5 has and prevents a lot of trouble for both clients and server owners as this would avoid many crashes that occur due to this memory limit (For those modded server owners, and me being one of them, I can't begin to say how the hardcoded memory limit has been giving us a lot of trouble as we try to please our players, yet with this hardcoded limit, we are unable to do so as we would have to spend a good amount of time to figure out which guns to remove in order to add new ones, simply because of the hardcoded limit and the fact we wanted to please our players, who would most likely bring in other new players to the community if they enjoy the game itself). Furthermore, the increase in memory limit would allow the modding community to flourish greatly, mainly due to the fact that this would allow many more new maps to contain features that have been unseen as of now in the current KF Community.

While I am not trying to crush the dreams of RO players (including the TWI staff members as well) who are hoping for great things in RO itself, it should be noted that many members of the KF community really wish for the sequel to occur and that we do hope to receive the same level of interest from the TWI staff as RO2:HOS and no less. Furthermore, has it occurred to both the RO and KF players which games has been garnering more interest in the Steam community and that which is more populated than the others? If you look upon the statistics for the last few months and compared both games together, you will find that KF has been providing TWI more interest into its games than any other games that has been authored by TWI. Of course, with a KF2 as a sequel, this figure is surely going to rise and would provide a very excellent income for TWI, just based on the statistics that can be observed.

I am sure that many of you who read this are probably thinking that those of us who are from KF are selfish and only care about KF itself than considering the other games authored by TWI. However, ask yourself, who has been receiving more attention from TWI? In conclusion, I do sincerely hope that TWI and RO players will consider about what I have said as I do sincerely see things as a best interest for the developers and for the KF community.

Thank you for reading this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0