• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do I relationships?

Who uses the toilet to pee? Just go in the shower, much more time efficient(Not that I do that.;)) :rolleyes:
foul-bachelor-frog.jpg

I don't use the shower at all!

foul-bachelor-frog.jpg

Upvote 0
here is my list to a fruitful relationship [epic list]
I only had one thought in my head during the time I read all of this: I bet the toiletseat thing is going to be in there, I bet the toiletseat thing is going to be in there, I bet the...
Now I'm sad I was right, but on the other hand my morning zoo gender war needs are satisfied for the next month or so, ... so there's that.:p

Carry on!

Upvote 0
I've been heeding the advice and such from pretty much everyone in this thread. Apologies for not having posted more in this thread myself, I've just been lurking over the replies. Cheers a lot, guys. :)

Anyway, update. I'm starting to get used to the idea of me and her right now and I feel a little more secure in our relationship. It also turns out that she feels just as strongly for me as I do for her. :> Yay! I'm betting that this will last for quite some time. We've been close friends as it is for ages already, so it can only go further, I guess!

Upvote 0
My turn for relationship problems

Let's go back 3 years ago, july 2009. I was constantly on omegle trying to find girls to talk to because I felt pretty lonely at that time. I found like a 100 different girls, most of them were actualy girls mind you. They proved it with tits and vags on their webcam. Anyway, after a while I come across this turkish girl who's really nice to me and really decent. So after talking for a few months we start an online relationship, things are going well, we like eachother even though we are the total opposite of eachother. After a year of talking to eachother every day I decide to go to turkey to meet her.

Let me tell you, I was there for 13 days, the best 13 days of my life. I went there alone, I never took a plane before, never went so far, never traveled alone and I'm a pretty shy guy. So it was quite an experience going there meeting her and her family. But her mother liked me, her dad was quite strickt but he was still nice. He didn't like it when I was too close to his daughter, her mother didn't like it either but we managed to keep it a secret we actually loved eachother. We weren't able to do much alone though, we went to the movies and that's about it of alone time besides a few minutes in her bedroom while her mother was in the living room (they live in an apartment btw, and no, we didn't do it). Anyway, leaving was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I had everything in turkey, friends, close family, a gf, a new start in life. But I had to go, we were both depressed but time heals all wounds.

Back in Belgium, I had no friends, me and my parents just respect eachother, no job. Basically I had nothing to look forward to in Belgium. A year passes and sometimes me and her end up in a discussion but it's normal if you're the total opposite of eachother. We decide to meet eachother again, this time when she's still in Ankara, where she goes to university, her parents live in Istanbul. Unfortunately her parents still didn't know about us being a couple and my parents didn't like it that I would go to her behind her parents back. Her parents might find out we met and if that would happen I would never get on their good side again.

I listened to my parents, I didn't go and told my gf to talk to her parents about us. She didn't. According to her her parents would never allow us to be a couple. After a all, I have no job and no university diploma. I accept, I'm not the perfect son inlaw but her parents have to find out sooner or later and it's better sooner because the longer she waits the more awkward it will be when she tells her parents. She can lie about the time we've been together but it might be too obvious we've been together since day one.
I keep telling her to talk to her parents but she never does, ontop of that we start to discuss more and more, we broke up a few times but got back together the same day or the next.

Also I was diagnosed with asperger, basically I have a lesser understanding of emotions than normal. I don't mind it, having less emotions is great but she gets angry really fast and every time I'm not sure why she's angry which makes her even more angry. Sex is a problem, she's a muslim after all so she doesn't want to do it. Even if I mention it she starts to get annoyed and recently she made it a taboo subject together with religion. It's not that I mind her being a muslim but I just like discussing and since I'm autistic I really don't understand why someoen would believe in a magical skydaddy.

So now we reached this point, this summer my brother will marry at the end of july and my sister will give birth to my first nephew in early august so I told her to come here to witness it all. Besides all that it's my birthday in july too. So I told her to come here because I would like my family to meet her and yes getting laid comes mind too and she knows it. Also I know when I first arrived in Turkey I was shocked by how everything is different. I also want to show her many things here and I have the feeling she doesn't truely know me because she never met me in my own house, in my own town in my own country. She doesn't know how I live and what I do irl the whole time. I at least visted her and I learned many things about her.

So she said she will do her best in coming here, she will go to summer school in England so she can come here, behind her parents' back but at least I can talk my way out of it if **** hits the fan. I also told her if we can't meet this summer I will break up and perhaps travel to Sweden because traveling is my second love. But now today she said her parents said something about a couple of professors doing summer lessons in Istanbul and she said she might go there instead of england. She also said I could come to her in Istanbul, we could meet without her parents perhaps. The whole idea of going to Istanbul and meeting alone seems kind of theoretical and I doubt her parents will accept her meeting me alone.

So, what do? I'm a nice guy, I don't want to hurt her but I've been slowly running out of patience for this relationship to work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, what do? I'm a nice guy, I don't want to hurt her but I've been slowly running out of patience for this relationship to work.
Do you have a way of contacting her parents? Maybe you should talk to them yourself. If it works out, great. She might hate you for a little while for going behind her back, but she'll come around. If it doesn't work and her parents tell you to **** off and give her a good whooping for having a secret relationship, then too bad. If you're loosing your patience trying to get the relationship to work anyway, and since it seems she's either too shy or too afraid of her parents to take any serious steps towards making it work, then you might as well take a bit of a more drastic step.

Just the first idea that popped into my head. There are probably better solutions. You know... like getting that diploma and a job, so that she'd have an easier time telling her parents about you. But that's such a long term thing...

Upvote 0
Small detail, her parents don't understand english, only turkish. I went to a turkish class for 7 months but then I got a temporary job and I didn't feel like working 6 days in the week and studying after it so my turkish is still pretty basic, when I was in turkey myself my gf had to translate everything I said.

Upvote 0