• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help Tripwire Interactive by having fun - join the new beta!

You smiling again now Meli?? :D

Just think someone's taken a dislike to me (and maybe you)..the post says the beta is open to everyone with a copy of RO, and that the beta keys are limited, so that means its first come first served to me. You would have to send out the invites to people in the order that they came in pretty much or you would end up with lots of disgruntled people who didn't get into the beta even though they signed up before the others. So if people who signed up after us are already in thats means someone doesn't want us to have beta. Someone deleting my message before without even pming me the reason makes it more obvious to me.

Upvote 0
Just think someone's taken a dislike to me (and maybe you)..the post says the beta is open to everyone with a copy of RO, and that the beta keys are limited, so that means its first come first served to me. You would have to send out the invites to people in the order that they came in pretty much or you would end up with lots of disgruntled people who didn't get into the beta even though they signed up before the others. So if people who signed up after us are already in thats means someone doesn't want us to have beta.

Or maybe they're going by alphabetical order* or something. *shrug* Does your last name begin with something after the letter 'C' ? Maybe it's just a random pick?

*(no, I have no idea if that's actually the case or not)

Upvote 0
Melipone get off your high horse and stop trying to turn this thread into a "Oh I wasn't chosen cause I complain about Tripwire too much" cry. There are several people who I can recall off the top of my head who got keys and they raise their "voice" so to speak 10 times more then you do. Off the top of my head I recall Madeyes being on the approved list which means he should have a key (however some people got removed from that list as I went through and removed applicants that didn't fully fill out the form properly, so that might be the case with him).

Any more posts on this subject by anybody and I'll make sure they don't get a key or if they allready got one I'll have it revoked. We don't need people making trouble in the beta any more then we need people making trouble in the forums.

It works like this. I have several hundred applicants. For the first pass I just went through and took all the ones who's names I recognized. Then I went through for ones that had no errors in the application (Date of birth = 15 is not acceptable answer to the question, also such things as not full address and the like). No keys have gone out since the end of friday, and no new keys will go out until Monday. They aren't being done in any particular order. Some people who's applications just came in before I was finished went to the top of the pile because I threw them in the accepted list right when they came in.

-edit -

Changing post to not use the word whine. It could be taken out of context in the way that I ment it.

Upvote 0
Look people, it is not up to any of us to question the manner in which TWI chooses beta testers. This is not a popularity contest. Maybe they choose some newbs, some vets, some complainers so they have a good mix of objective views. In other words...let TWI beta test the way they need to so we can have the best possible update.

BTW...what in life IS fair????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not going to argue. I have been called stubborn before, and its probably true :D eventhough its a petty thing and looks like I'm whining its the prinicipal of it now, not just getting into beta. I'm not looking to cause trouble, I just like things to be fair..if I'm wrong on this then I'm sorry, I'll drop it.

Upvote 0
Widescreen HDTV, and PS3?

Widescreen HDTV, and PS3?

This is my all time favourite game, and I recommend it to everyone.

I am totally unclear what else the beta may have included, may have missed the boat, as I just registered.

Widescreen proportioned game play - is a big and important change that is needed.

Plus the option of HDTV compatible resolutions, I have a 1440x900 and 1900x1080p(1200) monitor. The resolutions would help, but the aspect ratio makes a big difference in game play.

The last is not really a beta request, I am running Linux on my PS3, and over time hope to migrate fully to PS3 running a desktop OS and getting away from Windows altogether.

How about this wonderful game running on a PS3 (through PS-Game-OS rather than Linux). I don't mind paying again for it, so long as I could hook into all the servers playing.

Whatever you do, keep the game play the same - it is the best and the closest to "real" WWII combat of anything on the market (the game maps are expansive, the weapon systems realistic, the movement likewise - near perfect timing with firing etc.,.).

The only thing I have any problem with is the command and robot system, mainly because I enjoy the footslogger aspect, rifle and sniping above all else, and simply have not paid attention to it sufficiently.

Keep up the good work with my favourite game.

Upvote 0