• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Degeneration

Looks awesome guys!

O my holy god could I get a hold of some of those static meshes (giving full credit where due) or will you be with holding them indefinitely/ill after the contest. I am in much need of some of escalators. I understand fully if you do not wish to share these awesome static meshes. But you would save me attempting to build them in the SDK *Puppy dog eyes*

Upvote 0
I just came.

LOL

Update.

We have an extra member to the team.
Madmax : Madmax has worked with me before on The Hive project.
His speciality is on Music Creation and sound effects. And he does an excellent job on doing it!

And it would seem we have 8 days remaining.

So, lets see... I hold down 2 jobs. A social life... and a drunken spee on some occasions.
Will it be done for the first wave?

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if this is grounds for contestant entry. Not to say it isn't some well done work, at least, way above the level of all the stupid things cranked out by the 'unwashed mapper masses' at large (you know, like the first month after KF came out, when none of the quality mappers had released anything yet ;)). It shows clear and obvious signs of familiarity with code and modding.

However...the way I define TWI's terminology that the map "must be consistent" with their predefined maps, is this: would the map fit in if placed alongside stock maps? I.e., multiple trader areas, 6 player spawn, circular map, no objectives other than to survive, etc. If this map won, it would be a black sheep indeed. TWI has the final call of course, but I think what's been done here steps out of what TWI should accept as consistent with their maps.

Good work in any case!

Upvote 0
Well, the way i see it, my map is the only map that took the balls to not keep to stock.

The maps i create, will always mostly be story.

To be honest, i dont get along well with the "Wave" games.
Insted, i prefer maps that would have a short storyline, and not keep to wave after wave after wave.

The level is within the rules. Its a custom gametype.

With a bit of luck, other mappers will start following, and make story maps.
And maybe TW might enable FULL support for the Story gametype, because of maps like Degeneration & Hive.

Tripwire have to be MAD not to love it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0