• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Degeneration

Keep in mind guys. When its in a Development Stage, its in a non-finished product.
So seeing blobs of light and plain textures is going to be that way at the moment!

But later on, we start adding the bits and bobs of the map. And i can get down to serious detail :)

Haha!... yeh sure thing RoBoT. You can pinch it after Degeneration comes out. Although, you need to ask Asnipe first.
But i don't think it will be a problem.

Upvote 0
Yup, shes still in development.

In the process of

-Building
-Story Line
-Voice Acting

And maybe (if i can get hold of the right person)

-Cutscenes

Expect a working Alpha eiether the end of this month, or next month. :)

You go man! Best mapper I've ever seen (no offense to anyone else), your Hive map was a true masterpiece.. can't wait to see this one, and I look forward to the final version of the hive for KFRetail!!

Upvote 0
Nope. Nothing in those rules say anything about no story maps.

Well not specifically, I suppose it depends how you interpret this rule:

All maps must:
implement all standard Killing Floor gameplay functionality (multiple traders, playerstarts, ZED spawn volumes, etc)

I wouldn't have thought a story mode gameplay was part of the standard KF gameplay, since random traders is a core part of the gameplay - but I suppose it's good if they still allow it.

He might want to get clarification just to be sure though, I wanted to do something similar but thought it might not be within the rules.

Upvote 0
This Sheezwack speaks the truth.

Degeneration will go ahead as planned as a STORY MAP :D

Anyway guys just an update.

We got some excellent scenes kicking in this map, not so much the... oh... another clot BANG. ... Another clot BANG.
Its incorporating my own "AI Director"

If your s@@@ hot at taking down specimens. More will come.
If you take them down... harder ones come.
And if you take them down, youl get what i like to call "The Fast Gezza's"
We have some modified specimens that run quicker that you.

And if your planning on running fast to get through the map, youl get owned much faster.

So with that in mind. We will have a First Release (Single Player) Before 31 July.

And a Multiplayer version for "the second wave" Where we will change the map in terms of layout and story / scripting / gameplay.

Comming soon guys!

Upvote 0