• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dark Souls! You are already dead...

Yeah, the sewers. Didn't pay enough attention and dropped right in fron of the damned frog things.

Is the next bonfire before or after
Spoiler!
?

Im sorry its not a new bonfire but a shortcut to the previous one in the sewers.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Now I am a tad confused.

So you mean that
Spoiler!

On a sidenote
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now I am a tad confused.

So you mean that
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ugh, I destroyed 600 fine knights in the last days. Now I have my 60.000 souls to earn absolution. At least that bridge-dragon killed himself so I got 10.000 for free, but can no longer get that drake-sword...

Upon entering the depths, just 2 meters from the bonfire I got the message that I have been invaded. I summoned a phantom myself, but that fool ran into that basilisks just seconds before that dark phantom showed itself. Of course, I got my *** handed to me. At least I had an indictment scroll, and now that scoundrel will have the darkmoon-blades after him. Also, my phantom seems to have killed him in the end, because I could still pick up my souls and humanity afterwards.

Still, I am having fun.

On a sidenote
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Uh oh. Hopefully that doesn't count as a sin. I'm not inclined to learn pyromancy with this char, so I can live with that. Farming insanely high amounts to attone for the sin though might be a dealbreaker for this char, and I might start from scratch, as I am 10 hours into the game, and getting there again would take considerably less time than farming for sin attonement.

Upvote 0
This game is like that dick friend that you love but who always causes you grief, I haven't started playing it yet because I'm waiting for my housemate to finish before I boost his copy. So far though I've seen the game totally **** him in some hilarious ways which enduced mighty rage, like;

- His controller goes flat in the middle of a fight, as far as Dark Souls is concerned you can go and get ****ed if you expect that to pause the game.

- The internet connection to our house had a hiccup, Dark Souls decided this warranted not just a pause but a full PS3 freeze up (he was carrying around 8k souls when this happened).

- Getting cursed because the sub 10fps framerate impeded getting around an obstacle.

I can't wait to playu this game, I need something to trigger some anger release :D

Upvote 0
im SL 58. Just got to Anor Londo.

Pretty pissed off, i have 30 dexterity, which is a total waste now that i see how good lightning is.

Gonna upgrade uchigatana to lightning asap.

Still not sure on the PvP and covenants. Havent joined a covenant. PvP wise, got invaded once, won, invaded someone else, lost. Fun but i hear the covenants play a big part in PvP.

Amazing game though so far, never played demon's souls, but now i really wish i did :(

Upvote 0
Took sweet revenge on the cursing toads, got rid of the curse, axed the gaping dragon.

But damn, blight down is hard. haven't yet reached the first bonfire.

Blight-town, or "funky-town", as I now call it, is really where the fun is.

I have died there now more often than in the last three areas together. At the bottom lies a poison-swamp with infinitely respawning mosquitos. And the architecture... Labyrinthine is not enough to express it.

Upvote 0
So I just started Demon's Souls. I'm in that castle and after like 20min I encountered some red-eyed enemy who appearantly is 50x high-leveled and killed me with one hit. Then you restart from the beginning, wtf? How is that challenging, just seems frustrating to me. I quit for now because I certainly don't feel like running through the same **** again for 15minutes.

Upvote 0
So I just started Demon's Souls. I'm in that castle and after like 20min I encountered some red-eyed enemy who appearantly is 50x high-leveled and killed me with one hit. Then you restart from the beginning, wtf? How is that challenging, just seems frustrating to me. I quit for now because I certainly don't feel like running through the same **** again for 15minutes.

You are not supposed to kill that guy, even though its not impossible, is still extremely hard at low levels, its hard even at high levels. Try to find another path.

I'm still waiting for DS... hopefully nobody screwed up at the post office.

Upvote 0

See, that's where you know if Demon's or Dark Souls is for you. You either feel intrigued by that, or pissed off. As it's the latter for you, you will possibly not enjoy the DS games very much.

Or, to put it less kindly: You're simply not HARDCORE (caps for cool) enough :p

As I play roguelikes a lot, I am quite used to restarting from scratch when I die. Only that in roguelikes, you literally start from scratch, and not just from the beginning of the level.

Upvote 0
See, that's where you know if Demon's or Dark Souls is for you. You either feel intrigued by that, or pissed off. As it's the latter for you, you will possibly not enjoy the DS games very much.

As I play roguelikes a lot, I am quite used to restarting from scratch when I die. Only that in roguelikes, you literally start from scratch, and not just from the beginning of the level.

My first playthrough was as a Thief, and I just refused to wear any non light armor or use any type of shields, equipped parrying dagger instead of the initial shield, I based all my defense on rolling, speed, and parrying.

Needless to say, I died A LOT, after I completed it that way, I made a barbarian, gave her armor and a huge two handed sword and the game became 5x times easier. Then I made a caster and the game became 10x easier. I guess some classes are more hardcore than others. But I remember my favorite was and will always be that first, brutal and unforgiving playthrough. I even re-visited that character to complete an NG+, after all that experience with the game, it wasn't as hard as the first time, but still significantly harder than with the other characters. :3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I paid 20

Upvote 0