• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dark Souls! You are already dead...

Grimreapo

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
Is anyone else really looking forward to this? New trailer has come out:
Dark Souls - X360 / PS3 - All Saints' Day Trailer - YouTube

If RPGs could be compared to RPG games then Diablo 3 would be BF3 (simple and additive), Net hack being ARMA and in the nice, soft warm middle is Dark Souls much like RO2. Some of you may remember its forebearer Demon's Souls, Demon's Souls has a reputation for being "too hard" but it was hard in the same way that Ostfront was hard, if you died it was your fault and it forces you to get better.

Its for consoles, its from Japan and its a single player MMO but Demon's Souls was the GREATEST RPG of this gen without a doubt and this is set to be better. I could spend ages talking about why Demon's Souls is one of the GREAT games of all time, I'm not sure the sell will go down so well in a a mostly PC forum but if you want to know more then just ask...

It is, Demon's Souls is the ONLY single player MMO out there, you could leave messages for other players to see, you can help out fellow players in thier game or you could even INVADE into other players game to kill them. What was best about it was just the feel of the game, as shown here:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/demons-souls-level/717848

IMO Demon's Souls was the greatest console only PC game...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man I wish this game was coming out for PC, it looks sick.

I love crazy hard games.

Oh well, having fun with BG2 atm, and that could last quite a while from the looks of things ;).

I'll probably go to Icewind Dale after that. Really digging the Black Isle games. They've aged v. well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man I wish this game was coming out for PC, it looks sick.

I love crazy hard games.

Oh well, having fun with BG2 atm, and that could last quite a while from the looks of things ;).

I'll probably go to Icewind Dale after that. Really digging the Black Isle games. They've aged v. well.
Its not "crazy hard", it just punishes the weak, the stupid and God Of War fans as unlike so many games the games down not fit around you, you just need to be smart and work your *** off...

Upvote 0
Got mine today.

Just a quick question: How can one use a custom face? I can only select the pre-defined ones. Do I miss something?

I found the game relativley easy for the first two hours. Now I am stuck at Undead Burg. That boss is quite something. I tried to climb to safety only to find that that monster could simply jump after me. I guess plunge attacks are the key though...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can customize your face with a button, but then again, most of the time your hollow :D

True, and I am playing knight, so now with elite armor my face is compeltely obscured anyway.
I just never saw that prompt to press a button, must have missed it.
Oh well, damage is already done, maybe on second playthrough with a different class.

The game is definitely hard, but fun as hell. I don

Upvote 0