• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dark Souls! You are already dead...

Yesterday I fought the third boss with my wanderer and I seriously got my assed kicked a lot most of the time but after countless times trying I finally succeeded and I could go to bed with a feeling of satisfaction :cool:

Btw, I accidently attacked the first merchant and now he died becuase of a monster.
I hope he isnt the only merchant in the game? :eek:

It wasnt that guy with the samurai sword in the undead place was it ?

I killed him too, and i read of so many others as well. I didnt see him and i started chopping boxes, and well, he got in the way :(

Upvote 0
Yes that is him.
Bit of a shame that he is dead now but the upside is that his sword is really good.

Hmm, that is on of my few real qualms I have with the game, something I think it is a bit too hardcore. I accidentally attacked the fat priest in firelink shrine. And I really mean accidentally, I slipped with my finger. Now the guy wants to kill me. To make it worse, he now also has an entourage of warriors. That fatty blocks one of the most important shortcuts now!
I would really prefer there was some grace, like the NPCs telling you to knock it off on the first hit.
Now I have to do penance for my sins, and that is farming 60.000 souls for absolution. The formula is 2000 souls x soul level, so if I don

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just defeated the bellfry gargoyles on my first try as a knight.

My tactics:
Spoiler!

All in all, the way to them was quite a lot more difficult than the gargoyles themselves. Took me ages until I figured how ti defeat the black towering knight and getting past the caster and the dozen or so zombies that attack alongside him.

Oh god, I love this game, and I managed to get farther than I ever did in Demon's Souls...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, seeing that you'd need a blue ray drive and quite a hefty rig (My Intel quadcore i7 with a 1Gb GeForce GTX460 can't run a PS2 emulator properly), buying a PS3 INCLUDING a huge HD TV seems to be actually the cheaper way of playing PS3 games.
But then, Dark Souls is also out for Xbox360, if it's just the PS3 you lack.

And game related hint and a small
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
And game related hint and a small
Spoiler!

Yes this game does lack pretty much in explanation of things, sometimes its just like playing a NES game.

Upvote 0
I play the game with a buddy through xbox live private chat and I do read the hints from other players ( although I do take it with a grain of salt ) but its not like im progressing greatly every day.
My buddy and I even had a day where we were just exploring around to find where to go next.

Yeah, I use those hints too. I meant it as in, I'm not looking for walkthroughs and strategies in the WWW.

And concerning player hints. I do like that feature, but I think it was a stupid move to bind the function to create and rate them to an item. Makes it quite complicated, and had me wondering for hours until I found said item how I could use the notes system.

But still, I really like it. It's one of the games that I think about while at work, constantly looking at the clock to see when I can finally get home to play. That hasn't happened to me since I went school ten years ago.

Upvote 0
Yesterday my friend and I ventured deeper into the depths in search for the second bell, it was pretty hard part from the first bonfire there to the second.
After exploring the whole floor for items and shortcuts we finally arrived to take a peek at the new boss we needed to take down.
Unfortunately it was already quite late and we decided to give it a other shot tomorrow ( that's today ) when we got killed a couple of times :p

Cant wait for 5 pm :D

Upvote 0
I finally managed to defeat the black knight in the upper burg. He's not too hard if you have a nice shield and room to maneuver.

Things I have yet to kill:
Second black knight at the top of a tower.
Havel the Rock
Goat Demon

I have defeated the last one, but only as a summoned spirit. Looked easy going in with two other guys. Doing it alone, not so much. And for some reason, summoning other players hasn't worked for me as of now. Always get a "failed to summon" message.

Upvote 0
Yay, exed the second black knight and Havel.

My havel tactics
Spoiler!

Now for the Capra Demon...

FINALLY! He's dead, and I only had to use one flask!

Tactics
Spoiler!

And now I died while trying to retrieve about 5000 souls at my corpse. Dang it!

And to make matters worse, now I am cursed. And it started so good today...

Last edited:
Upvote 0