• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dark Souls! You are already dead...

Imminent gorgeous view ahead.

I was in Anor Londo in that great-cathedral. You know, the one with the big picture. As I walked across the catwalks underneath the ceiling, I saw the statue of Gwynevere, Queen of Sunlight. One gets a... should I say, nice view of her assets from that perspective. Then I saw a hint in front of me:
"amazing chest"

I kind of have to take breaks from playing that game though. Sometimes it gets a bit too much. It is nice and challenging, but it kind of exhausts you too. That kind of shows how much other games have become simple entertainment. They guide you and push you through, but they are not nearly as rewarding.

Upvote 0
I love it how each one by themselves would be a good boss but From Software is like "No, we must use them both at the same time" and I was half expecting the Penetrator and his fricking lightsaber to enter the room at any moment. Still I loved it...
:D

Oh and earlier in the thread I said that some Demon's Souls fan hate the game, example here:
[url]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hardcore-trailer-dark-souls/722148[/url] -Page 5 said:
BUYER BEWARE!!! They completely and utterly SCREWED over the fans in this game. Firstly, summoning specific friends like in Demon's Souls is almost IMPOSSIBLE because instead of one large dedicated server, now there are several little ****ty P2P servers with many little lobbies.

Secondly, the game is BARREN online. You can barely EVER summon someone and being summoned is basically you leaving your sign down, going to watch a movie and pausing it half an hour later when someone comes along to summon you.

The Single player also has issues like input lag, HUGE ****ing FPS lag drops at SEVERAL places in the game including the first "nexus" like area of the game.

This game has expanded on the quantity of content from Demon's Souls, but as it stands now, it is a mockery and "**** you" to the face on the part of FROM SOFTWARE and Bamco to the original Demon's Souls fans that made it the success it became through word of mouth.

Don't trust the PR, hype fueled reviews of this game you will find both here and on IGN. Visit the official forums of this game, or even better, the facebook page for Dark Souls and look at the THOUSANDS of users in an outrage over how BROKEN this game is for multiplayer and the HORRIBLE single player issues it has as well.

More worrisome, there has been ZERO response from either Namco Bandai or FROM SOFTWARE.

BUYER - BEWARE.
Hm, feels like every game I love this year is dying...
>_>

Upvote 0
I have no problems summoning people. ><

There are framerate issues in some levels, that is true, but is not a game breaker.

Is bigger and better than Demon's Souls, but, I think Demon's has more "personality" or a more attractive atmosphere, but thats my personal taste.

Brotip: play both, enjoy both.

Upvote 0
There were frame rate issues in some levels, IIRC 3-2 lagged quite a bit and summoning had some issues in DS as well, infact I summoned more people in Dark Souls...

As for personality, Demon's Souls is more melancholic and moody with a tiny bit of hope whilst Dark Souls is all about over coming challenges to to become something greater. The games are bit like the Evil Dead 1 & 2, they borrow A LOT from each other but are very different movies...

Upvote 0
When I used the flamethrower pyromancy spell in the boss battle in Anor Londo I was sure my framerate hit 0 for a second.
Framerate can get pretty unbearable in some areas although I agree its not gamebreaking in the end.

I do have a problem with summoning people too.
Sometimes I takes me more then 10 tries to get someone finally summoned to my world.

Upvote 0
When I used the flamethrower pyromancy spell in the boss battle in Anor Londo I was sure my framerate hit 0 for a second.
Framerate can get pretty unbearable in some areas although I agree its not gamebreaking in the end.

I do have a problem with summoning people too.
Sometimes I takes me more then 10 tries to get someone finally summoned to my world.
And I had the same problems in Demon's Souls, although I just signed up with the Dark Moon Blade and have yet to be summoned...

Upvote 0
A question about demon's souls: I killed that first boss enemy(that big dark blobby thing behind the castles main gate), then transferred back to the Nexus and it said something about having regained my body. Now how am I supposed to play this game: Switch between different levels and get as far as I can, or stick to one level until it's 100% complete?

Upvote 0
A question about demon's souls: I killed that first boss enemy(that big dark blobby thing behind the castles main gate), then transferred back to the Nexus and it said something about having regained my body. Now how am I supposed to play this game: Switch between different levels and get as far as I can, or stick to one level until it's 100% complete?

There is no "one way" of playing the game, just do what you can/want.

Upvote 0
So far, I've got the feeling that Dark Souls, together with The Witcher 2, and Portal 2, are the only games that will live up to their hype this year.

This year had just too many disappointments and broken releases.
That's the good thing with buying from Jersey(UK) based stores. Delivery always takes 2-3 weeks and by the time the game arrives there are already several fixes/patches for the game :p

For me it's currently pretty much The Witcher 2 vs Deus Ex: Human Revolution(and I'll yet have to play BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, etc.). Portal 2 is overrated imo. Sure, a good game, but I wouldn't give it more than maybe 8.7 max. Very polished of course with nice characters but I don't see how it's so super awesome to justify the 95% metascore. And that comes from a Valve fanboy.

The best game I've played this year though was Heavy Rain, but that's irrelevant since it's not a 2011 game.

Upvote 0
That's the good thing with buying from Jersey(UK) based stores. Delivery always takes 2-3 weeks and by the time the game arrives there are already several fixes/patches for the game :p

For me it's currently pretty much The Witcher 2 vs Deus Ex: Human Revolution(and I'll yet have to play BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, etc.). Portal 2 is overrated imo. Sure, a good game, but I wouldn't give it more than maybe 8.7 max. Very polished of course with nice characters but I don't see how it's so super awesome to justify the 95% metascore. And that comes from a Valve fanboy.

The best game I've played this year though was Heavy Rain, but that's irrelevant since it's not a 2011 game.

I didn't say good or bad, I said "living up to the hype".

I'll throw more hours at Skyrim than I ever will at Portal 2, and probably enjoy it more in the long run with mods and all, but Portal 2 lived up to its hype and did not disappoint in any aspect to what was expected of it. Skyrim though, the leaked footage looks closer to Oblivion than to what was promised in the trailers, and thats what I call "not living up to the hype" even if the game is still great in the end.

Upvote 0
So far, I've got the feeling that Dark Souls, together with The Witcher 2, and Portal 2, are the only games that will live up to their hype this year.

This year had just too many disappointments and broken releases.
Whilst I may not agree with many of the "RO2 h8ters" on this forum, I can still mostly respect their opinion but saying that RO2 as a let down is nothing next to the rancid piece of **** known as Dragon Age II. Its honestly my most hated game ever (and I have played the Daikatana demo), a punch to the gut to all RPG lovers everything and its shocking to me that people like it. I'm a postive person when it comes to gaming but... *sniffles* had the Witcher 2 not come along I would be still feeling depressed by it...

Upvote 0