• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: Official Opinion Topic

r35rushmk1.jpg

Epic R35 assault on the Farm on Chisinau map.

Upvote 0
I personally feel that the map Ardon could do with a few more tanks (especially for the allies). For example whenever I'm a tank crew I get spawned right at the very back behind the Armoured Train and there is no tank to use then I have to wait ages or travel long distances by foot to get to the Church or other objective areas. Plus it would be great if you could also make the ZiS trucks workable.

Upvote 0
I'm getting picky now, but I love this mod so much that I want it to be perfect!! :D Is the way that the MP28 is held in 3rd person view going to be changed? atm, I think its held as if the player model was holding the MP 40, ie. gripping the magazine, which looks wrong when holding the MP 28, seeming the magazine is horizontal. I'm guessing DH will ( or have?) encounter(ed) this when coding the sten gun. Also, there seems to be no empty casing ejected from the steyr 95 rifle when it is bolted. Lastly, I haven't noticed any of the new russian skins (apart from the obvious naval skins on dofinovka). I mean the ones that were listed on the feature list, such as the various amoeba camo suits, and the padded jackets etc. Like I said earlier, I'm being very picky, but hey, when the mods as good as it is, why not go that extra mile to make it absolutely perfect. ;)

Upvote 0
I could not use the mortar in training mode on the Maikop map. No mortar bombs. I could deploy the mortar and get out with Z but could not get back in with Z.

On the Maikop map on a server I could not see any explosions though I had the tube at 75 degrees and the vents fully open. Maybe it takes some practice runs.

So my question is: is there a simple training map with some obvious targets, bots for instance.

For the rest. Great sound on the ZB30. Scares the hell out of me. Get down in the dirt immediately.

Upvote 0
Just Awesome...

Just Awesome...

I love the mod it is well done and hopefully now any other modders will take note and get their mods built the same way to incorporate it into the original RO so that people can just play on a normal server and have the inclusion of the new stuff. Just great.

I did see two bugs, one already mentioned with the slow down on the one hill. Another is on the map with the little cabin before the trenches, forget name of map, but if you kill someone up on the hill that is to the left of the cabin their character looks like he's going to heaven. The character floats up into the sky real slow as if he were an angel... Those were the only two flaws I saw while playing so far...

Great work guys...

Upvote 0
...Another is on the map with the little cabin before the trenches, forget name of map, but if you kill someone up on the hill that is to the left of the cabin their character looks like he's going to heaven. The character floats up into the sky real slow as if he were an angel...

...thats because its a heavenly map :D
The map is called Maikop and I made it, but in all the times we've tested it, we never came across corpses floating to heaven...
We'll (well the smartypants coder dudes) take a look into it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love it! I can't describe the satisfaction I felt when I got my first mortar kill. Getting a group of kills with the mortar is like hitting the jackpot. I spotted for a dude called Ray I think it was and we had a blast killing tanks on Ardon.

Then on the map with the log cabin (Maikop?) I was the mortarman with Bobdog as my spotter. It took about 15 mins for me and Bobdog to get the hang of our duties, but near the end of the round we dominated. When I got 3 kills with one mortar while firing on the Bridge from down below I probably felt the most satisfied I've ever been in a game.

Upvote 0