• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: Official Opinion Topic

I think it's really good. Been playing it only for an hour or so last night, so I can't really give you too much feedback yet, but here's some criticism:

1.) The range finder on the T-26 doesn't seem to work. If you raise the distance, the shell falls on the ground right in front of you.

2.) If someone deploys a mortar on a bumpy surface (in a foxhole for example), the mortar and the mortarman might "separate", it looks pretty weird.

3.) If the mortar support guy gets close to the mortar operator, it should say "press G to supply shells", or something like that. Would be a bit clearer.

4.) The weapon handling feels a bit "stiff", not as fluent as stock RO. Also, I had a lot of trouble hitting someone with the new Steyr rifle. A new weapon in RO takes a considerable time of getting used to though, so it could be just me.

That's it for now, other than that it's great. Still haven't gotten the chance to play with the mortars.

The level design is awesome by the way!

Upvote 0
1.) The range finder on the T-26 doesn't seem to work. If you raise the distance, the shell falls on the ground right in front of you.

I didn't have a problem, you realise that the thicker black line is where you need to aim, as you adjust your sight upwards you will need to aim higher to shoot at the same point..

Upvote 0
I think it's really good. Been playing it only for an hour or so last night, so I can't really give you too much feedback yet, but here's some criticism:

hm, you aimed where the line is, right? not where the initial cross is?

2.) If someone deploys a mortar on a bumpy surface (in a foxhole for example), the mortar and the mortarman might "separate", it looks pretty weird.
got a screenshot? there are issues with the mortar when deploying on too rough ground, but i prefered to let it deploy everywhere rather than forcing the player to certain spots and then also add the burden to the mappers to create enough of those spots.

3.) If the mortar support guy gets close to the mortar operator, it should say "press G to supply shells", or something like that. Would be a bit clearer.
the resupply system was bugging me a lot. Its one of the points that will certainly be worked on for a patch.

4.) Also, I had a lot of trouble hitting someone with the new Steyr rifle. A new weapon in RO takes a considerable time of getting used to though, so it could be just me.

All rifles were sighted on a shooting range map. :)

Upvote 0
Wire poles on Chisinau map, road to Orhei, south west corner. They havent been sticked to surface properly. And I don't see any tanks on Chisinau map, neither aixs nor allied ones. Only the truck is available.

After all I've seen the CC stuff is the greatest since a very long time! My deep respect to all!

Attachments

• Shot00168.jpg
    Shot00168.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Wire poles on Chisinau map, road to Orhei, south west corner. They havent been sticked to surface properly. And I don't see any tanks on Chisinau map, neither aixs nor allied ones. Only the truck is available.

After all I've seen the CC stuff is the greatest since a very long time! My deep respect to all!

what server? sounds like the GameType is wrong. Check the FAQ on the CC forum on practice gameplay ;)

Bolt, ty for your comments :)
One question though, why would a RPG or GL explode on impact?

Upvote 0
Just played Maikop, good stuff. That's a long-time classic. The layout is still more or less the same so if you have played the mod version it's easier to find your way, but it does 'feel' different.

Worluk, I searched through my screenshots folder and luckily, I did get a pic. This is what I meant with the mortar operator getting "separated" from the mortar. I guess he tried to deploy in or near the foxhole.

The mortar in general seems to be having a lot of trouble with deploying on sloped surfaces, no matter how gentle, you kinda slide off so to say. They work fine on flat ground.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its actually funny how fast you adapt to the similarities of the uniforms.
In early tests dofinovka had the stock soviet uniforms and it was a Tk fest.
With the navals this wasnt so much of a problem anymore, same on nalchik with the winter uniforms for the soviets.

With maikop, which came rather late out team didnt have much problems with telling the players apart, imo mostly due to the ability to tell the difference better.

Upvote 0
The new feature that allows you to turn the engine off in a tank seems to only be client side. I tried it with a mate several times yesterday and if the driver turns the engine off it will still be on for the gunner.

Bug or intended? I'd think it would be a bug since there's not much of a point to turn the engine off if the gunner isn't affected.

Upvote 0
AT grenades, especially RPG40, looks and feels awkward when thrown so it's hard to use sometimes.

Another thing is that I know with the RPG40 and Russian smoke grenades if you dive to the floor while holding one the animations is a bit messed up as you can see in the screenshot. Haven't had a chance to see whether this happens with the Axis smoke grenades or the gebalte ladung.
rpg.jpg

I'm sure you already know a lot of the problems with the mortar, especially the one that makes a mortarman almost indestructible.

Also, is it actually possible to disable a tank's turret movement with the PTRD by shooting in the right place?

Upvote 0